[3.25] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, fun to play

Loving the rate of updates to the build @thedeathbeam !
Just wish my in-game pockets were deeper to keep up with 'em all.
Crafting has been kicking my ass this league, been trying to sort the gear needed for Strength of Blood for a while now and while I'm specced for it I don't have the best gear.
I rarely die and can plow through T15-T16 with not much problem though, so I see every upgrade as a bonus.

My gear is a whole bunch of randomness, but I've been testing alot, not really sure where my priorities should lie for the most bang-for-my-buck at the moment.

With the bursts of game time I've got during the weeks I'm trying to get stuff sorted in a short window of time, but that sometimes leads to me buying sub-optimal stuff and so on... I should really plan stuff out more ;p

This is the first league I've played seriously for quite some time, so there's quite alot of game mechanics to get familiar with if not for the build itself, information overload sometimes it feels like.

If anyone's got any idea what my priorities should be atm let me know.

(the flask enchant on the Quartz Flask is just laziness on my part and I'll sort it tonight)
Last edited by afvskrap on Aug 31, 2021, 6:27:00 AM
"
afvskrap wrote:
Crafting has been kicking my ass this league, been trying to sort the gear needed for Strength of Blood for a while now and while I'm specced for it I don't have the best gear.
I rarely die and can plow through T15-T16 with not much problem though, so I see every upgrade as a bonus.

My gear is a whole bunch of randomness, but I've been testing alot, not really sure where my priorities should lie for the most bang-for-my-buck at the moment.

With the bursts of game time I've got during the weeks I'm trying to get stuff sorted in a short window of time, but that sometimes leads to me buying sub-optimal stuff and so on... I should really plan stuff out more ;p

This is the first league I've played seriously for quite some time, so there's quite alot of game mechanics to get familiar with if not for the build itself, information overload sometimes it feels like.

(the flask enchant on the Quartz Flask is just laziness on my part and I'll sort it tonight)

Looking at your gear you must be like giga overcapped on resistances, so that is easy thing to upgrade from. I also kind of like in what direction you went with your boots and I also kind of dont because where is MS :(

Also get skin of the loyal or something and annoint whispers of doom, your chest isnt that great so it would be *massive* upgrade on top of cheap 6l.

Also throw some dense fossils on your helmet please, its really not great :d

And try to get stun avoidance enchant on boots.
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
afvskrap wrote:

Looking at your gear you must be like giga overcapped on resistances, so that is easy thing to upgrade from. I also kind of like in what direction you went with your boots and I also kind of dont because where is MS :(

Also get skin of the loyal or something and annoint whispers of doom, your chest isnt that great so it would be *massive* upgrade on top of cheap 6l.

Also throw some dense fossils on your helmet please, its really not great :d

And try to get stun avoidance enchant on boots.

I'm at ~102% resistances with the Bismuth running, might be my old ass feeling like that kind of overcap is nice due to Ele Weakness maps (did I say I haven't played PoE seriously for like two years? ;p) Old habits die hard.

And I know about the boots and helmet... Like I said, crafting has been kicking my ass this league. I've spent alot by my standards on fossils trying to craft but getting royally RNG-stomped and just settled on something with nice-ish ward rolls. The lack of MS hasn't bothered me that much, with Dash and phasing I still get around, but yeah. I know what you mean.

I've got a Skin of the Loyal I bought with the right colors for the Focused Ballista setup but my lack of HP makes me skittish, landing at just above 3.7k with it.
But I'll get to anointing Whispers of Doom and playing around some more tonight, might just be I'm too cautious.

Thanks for the input!
I'm wondering how viable squeezing malevolence in is... If I was to take it and I'm running the corrupted blood setup, what gem could I drop?

You could drop the rain of splinters and put the points into charisma maybe, along with a level 4 enlighten (10ex, ouch). That might even let you keep envy aul.
Last edited by Superloveman on Aug 31, 2021, 11:13:26 AM
First of all a big thank you for this build. I had a blast. I only play once per year a random build I never played before and this year.... RNG made me chose this one.

This build has a steep learning curve, but I got to admit it improved my piano skills :)

Played the divine flesh version and I got to say.... that 83% chaos resistance made my day :) No more oneshots :)

Spamming life... was a blast. True, it has no life leech, but hey... infinite life from the bottle. Haha.

It was probably the most active build I ever played. This build never let's you fall asleep or watch TV.

DPS... well.... for as tanky as the build is, I was pleasantly surprised by how much DPS I had. In the final stages to be honest I was mostly looking at the minimap. Just running and shooting without even looking. That's how bad ass this build is. The only one who does need some chipping away is Sirius AW9, but other than that... nothing else stays alive to much.

Funny enough, the toughest battle I had (which I actually had to redo 3 times) was The Hidden in The Uncharted Realms. True I never played Maven games before since it was launched in the past year, but even The Feared died first try. Not the breach lords though.... I just couldn't ditch them. Finally I went for a white invitation and they were no match for this build.

Actually this build worked so well that I had a blast farming the guardians. And with double guardian maps I was shitting currency.

I figured I might have to use some Immortal Call shenanigans for the Olroth Enervation challenge... which hits quite hard, but no.... I was tanky enough.

This was my final setup !

Once again, many thanks for this wonderful build !

PS: I know the DPS can be improved, but honestly... never felt the need to do so...
This is my own version of the build. No ward. Just Darkscorn and good gear. Capable of clearing the Formed and Sirus 9 deathless. It is also perma ailment immune.

The Formed fight (with monster life and turbo mod * 71% quant)

Awakener 9 fight

PoB in my description
Last edited by greendragon2194 on Aug 31, 2021, 2:50:05 PM
"
This is my own version of the build. No ward. Just Darkscorn and good gear. Capable of clearing the Formed and Sirus 9 deathless. It is also perma ailment immune.

The Formed fight (with monster life and turbo mod * 71% quant)

Awakener 9 fight

PoB in my description

Looks great, its good to see that no ward still scales decently well as as we all know GGG likes to nerf everything that is even remotely good so if they nerf ward next league we are all back to regular no ward setup what would make me quite sad, but I always adapted this build to whatever they did and never let it die so I can do it again.

"
Superloveman wrote:
I'm wondering how viable squeezing malevolence in is... If I was to take it and I'm running the corrupted blood setup, what gem could I drop?

You could drop the rain of splinters and put the points into charisma maybe, along with a level 4 enlighten (10ex, ouch). That might even let you keep envy aul.

I think Malevolence can be very worth but only with Watchers eye, without that its still ok but quite a bit of investment. I think just going for Malevo aul + watchers eye over Envy aul is good option as well. But dropping rain of splinters is def not wroth it, its very important for ballista positioning, with rain of splinters we can place them whenever we want to because of clustering with extra projs.

"
tasemagu wrote:
First of all a big thank you for this build. I had a blast. I only play once per year a random build I never played before and this year.... RNG made me chose this one.

This build has a steep learning curve, but I got to admit it improved my piano skills :)

Played the divine flesh version and I got to say.... that 83% chaos resistance made my day :) No more oneshots :)

Spamming life... was a blast. True, it has no life leech, but hey... infinite life from the bottle. Haha.

It was probably the most active build I ever played. This build never let's you fall asleep or watch TV.

DPS... well.... for as tanky as the build is, I was pleasantly surprised by how much DPS I had. In the final stages to be honest I was mostly looking at the minimap. Just running and shooting without even looking. That's how bad ass this build is. The only one who does need some chipping away is Sirius AW9, but other than that... nothing else stays alive to much.

Funny enough, the toughest battle I had (which I actually had to redo 3 times) was The Hidden in The Uncharted Realms. True I never played Maven games before since it was launched in the past year, but even The Feared died first try. Not the breach lords though.... I just couldn't ditch them. Finally I went for a white invitation and they were no match for this build.

Actually this build worked so well that I had a blast farming the guardians. And with double guardian maps I was shitting currency.

I figured I might have to use some Immortal Call shenanigans for the Olroth Enervation challenge... which hits quite hard, but no.... I was tanky enough.

This was my final setup !

Once again, many thanks for this wonderful build !

PS: I know the DPS can be improved, but honestly... never felt the need to do so...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the build, its always nice to have feedback like this :)

And yea honestly breachlords can be sometimes scary as hell, they flood the arena if you dont kill them quickly and then its rly hard to complete :d

My builds:
My site:
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Aug 31, 2021, 7:21:25 PM
Hey @thedeathbeam i played your build last league and really enjoyed it, so it leaguestarted it this league. But after a longer break from the i'm a bit overwhelmed after all your updates and i dont know what to change first.

I want to build the strength of blood/corrupted soul version

The biggest problem i have right now is my survivability, T14+ are really hard for me and i'm dying a lot in maps. I know my clusters arent really good and iam wasting some points there.

Dont know if the cinderswallow should be replaced with a normal flask, because i dont got the flask enchant yet.

https://pastebin.com/BhUKgGjK

Currently i have about 3-4ex, so what upgrades/changes should i do first?
"
IVIrCrews wrote:
Hey @thedeathbeam i played your build last league and really enjoyed it, so it leaguestarted it this league. But after a longer break from the i'm a bit overwhelmed after all your updates and i dont know what to change first.

I want to build the strength of blood/corrupted soul version

The biggest problem i have right now is my survivability, T14+ are really hard for me and i'm dying a lot in maps. I know my clusters arent really good and iam wasting some points there.

Dont know if the cinderswallow should be replaced with a normal flask, because i dont got the flask enchant yet.

https://pastebin.com/BhUKgGjK

Currently i have about 3-4ex, so what upgrades/changes should i do first?

Well cinder isn doing anything really with petrified blood so yes i would drop it. You need anti stun enchant on your boots, that should help your survivability a lot.

You also desperately need source of phasing probs another cause of your deaths.

And of course you are also lacking damage as you dont have any curses.

My builds:
My site:
After playing around a bit I have found that I have enough damage to start dropping some circling oblivions for the content I am doing (nemesis beyond farm)

I have replaced 2 circling oblivion with 2 'Numbing Elixir'. Then, I replaced the life flask with one of these:

By rolling 'Foreboding' not only does the life recovery go up (only the mana recovery is delayed), but it makes the flask always last the full 5 seconds.

This gives around 73% of the life recovered per second compared to the eternal flask, but since a hybrid flask is both a life and a mana flask, it gives:

100% stun avoid with Heart of Oak
100% reduced curse effect with yugul pantheon
80% reduced effect of non damaging ailments. I'm trying to get 20% reduced chill effect on my jewels as an implicit to be mostly unaffected by chills as well.

You do have to start hitting a flask manually though which is a little annoying if you've already gotten used to the smoothness of not having to hit a flask every few seconds.
Last edited by ShadeFinale on Sep 1, 2021, 2:00:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info