[3.25] Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - Fast, tanky, fun to play

"
Dypr4x wrote:
"
Konnorad wrote:
I have an idea in mind.

I have to see how good the new Critical Strike Affliction support will be, but I think this build's damage can be scaled way higher than anything we've had so far.
Perfect agony (50% of crit Multi applies to DoT Multi) + New Coralito's + going Crit Multi on tree and gear, DoT Multi for Crit strikes from Clusters and maybe even picking up Jewels with Crit Multi.

Sounds hell of expensive to be honest, but maybe a good idead. :-)

Sounds awful, honestly. You already need a bunch of points to scale poison, and now you want to scale *crit* on top of that, *and* have defenses?

Having played non-crit SA in 3.13, the damage is sufficient. It's the survivability that's always an issue. There's no need to make a glass cannon build when you can invest in defenses and be able to go the distance in the hardest fights in the game IMO.
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
So I did some maths and overall we should be able to get around 22% more damage out of the poison changes.

The nerfs are:

- Chains of Emancipation will no longer work because of the warding flask change
- We can expect around 20-30% nerf in our support gems probalby
- Corallito was changed making it unusable for us unless we go crit
- Pathfinder was *slightly* nerfed
- Dot multi passives on clusters nerfed (do not affects us at all, we werent using them)

And the buffs are:
- New flask nodes on tree
- Better flask node positioning on tree
- 50% more overall damage for poison

What I did is that I replaced the chains package with solstice vigil and circle of nostalgia, removed berserk, replaced corrallito with cinderswallow, replaced mana flask wtih overflowing chalice (just in case).

Added workaround for 50% more damage buff (accoutning for the nerfs I just put 20% more damage as workaround).

And the build went from 1.8M poison DPS per thorn arrow to 2.2M poison DPS per thorn arrow.

Here is the pob for anyone interested, still WIP:

https://pastebin.com/E5zyxcH1

But overall, the changes are a buff to the build dont worry. We lose some speed but that was to be expected, chains was broken interaction (we can always possibly self chill in future with icefang orbit).

And all these number changes do not even include the new tree what should be better for us than before. So it gets even better.

This PoB is...shall we say...*highly* optimistic.

The chest is +124 HP with +1 max curse from hunter (prefix) and endurance charges from warlord. *And* with an 8% life craft. Assuming you start off by awakening curse + endurance charges, there's *no way* you're getting +124 life. The best route I can think of with the chest these days is probably redeemer + warlord--you can try and awaken phys dmg taken as fire + blind, then pray you have your third suffix open, at which point it's "prefixes can't be changed -> multimod life + prefixes can't be changed -> reforge attack for -15 mana cost to socketed gems. One other route you can go is a pure warlord chest that starts off on endurance charges, suffixes can't be changed -> reforge attack -> suffixes can't be changed again -> reforge fire (assuming suffixes filled up) until t1 phys taken as fire, craft life, which tops out at...85.

Similarly, the quiver follows the same exact...optimism. 95 life with +1 arrow (shaper prefix) and chaos dot multi (hunter suffix). Again, this is basically cannot be iterated upon after the initial awakening orb while keeping both mods. You can go for the awakener orb (you must), but then you should probably be satisfied with a crafted life prefix, assuming you don't brick on the awakener orb.

The Tailwind boots, similarly, higher than crafted life, dual resist, 30% move speed, are probably worth at least 10 EX, if I had to guess? You could technically just start off with tailwind + resist, multimod + suffixes can't be changed -> Aisling slam for move speed -> multimod life + some other prefix (boots REALLY don't have many good prefixes outside life + move speed).

There's also a lack of "Unwaveringly Evil" on any of the cluster notables, which is important since SA is a channel skill. Might also consider Unspeakable Gifts (10% chance for enemies to explode, dealing 25% of their max HP as chaos damage).

In any case, you may want to rethink the PoB in light of the fact that Harvest no longer just allows you to remove any bad mod =P
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
So I did some maths and overall we should be able to get around 22% more damage out of the poison changes.

The nerfs are:

- Chains of Emancipation will no longer work because of the warding flask change
- We can expect around 20-30% nerf in our support gems probalby
- Corallito was changed making it unusable for us unless we go crit
- Pathfinder was *slightly* nerfed
- Dot multi passives on clusters nerfed (do not affects us at all, we werent using them)

And the buffs are:
- New flask nodes on tree
- Better flask node positioning on tree
- 50% more overall damage for poison

What I did is that I replaced the chains package with solstice vigil and circle of nostalgia, removed berserk, replaced corrallito with cinderswallow, replaced mana flask wtih overflowing chalice (just in case).

Added workaround for 50% more damage buff (accoutning for the nerfs I just put 20% more damage as workaround).

And the build went from 1.8M poison DPS per thorn arrow to 2.2M poison DPS per thorn arrow.

Here is the pob for anyone interested, still WIP:

https://pastebin.com/E5zyxcH1

But overall, the changes are a buff to the build dont worry. We lose some speed but that was to be expected, chains was broken interaction (we can always possibly self chill in future with icefang orbit).

And all these number changes do not even include the new tree what should be better for us than before. So it gets even better.

This PoB is...shall we say...*highly* optimistic.

The chest is +124 HP with +1 max curse from hunter (prefix) and endurance charges from warlord. *And* with an 8% life craft. Assuming you start off by awakening curse + endurance charges, there's *no way* you're getting +124 life. The best route I can think of with the chest these days is probably redeemer + warlord--you can try and awaken phys dmg taken as fire + blind, then pray you have your third suffix open, at which point it's "prefixes can't be changed -> multimod life + prefixes can't be changed -> reforge attack for -15 mana cost to socketed gems. One other route you can go is a pure warlord chest that starts off on endurance charges, suffixes can't be changed -> reforge attack -> suffixes can't be changed again -> reforge fire (assuming suffixes filled up) until t1 phys taken as fire, craft life, which tops out at...85.

Similarly, the quiver follows the same exact...optimism. 95 life with +1 arrow (shaper prefix) and chaos dot multi (hunter suffix). Again, this is basically cannot be iterated upon after the initial awakening orb while keeping both mods. You can go for the awakener orb (you must), but then you should probably be satisfied with a crafted life prefix, assuming you don't brick on the awakener orb.

The Tailwind boots, similarly, higher than crafted life, dual resist, 30% move speed, are probably worth at least 10 EX, if I had to guess? You could technically just start off with tailwind + resist, multimod + suffixes can't be changed -> Aisling slam for move speed -> multimod life + some other prefix (boots REALLY don't have many good prefixes outside life + move speed).

There's also a lack of "Unwaveringly Evil" on any of the cluster notables, which is important since SA is a channel skill. Might also consider Unspeakable Gifts (10% chance for enemies to explode, dealing 25% of their max HP as chaos damage).

In any case, you may want to rethink the PoB in light of the fact that Harvest no longer just allows you to remove any bad mod =P

I dont think the rares matter that much, its just few life here and there, wont change a thing. Also, this new PoB is just straight up changes to old one, I barely even touched rares from the original one. Btw for chest the way how you make good high life one with extra curse is to reforge caster mods after getting sufficient suffixes you want.

Unwavering Evil is not super important RN because we can get stun immunity from flask suffix (and currently are getting it from there), im just waiting to see if they nerfed the roll first.

Either way, comparing life on rares was not the point of why I made that PoB, it was to see how much damage we lost/gained from the changes.
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
<<Deadly Ailments:
Now has a 150% Cost and Reservation Multiplier (previously 130%).
Supported Skills now deal 30-44% more Damage with Ailments (previously 45-64%).
Supported Skills now deal 80% less Damage with Hits (previously 10%).>>

80% less damage
wtf is that
Last edited by xLLITbIKx on Jul 20, 2021, 7:23:19 PM
"
xLLITbIKx wrote:
<<Deadly Ailments:
Now has a 150% Cost and Reservation Multiplier (previously 130%).
Supported Skills now deal 30-44% more Damage with Ailments (previously 45-64%).
Supported Skills now deal 80% less Damage with Hits (previously 10%).>>

80% less damage
wtf is that

This will affect mostly life leech for Strength of Blood what will be very annoying, but manageable.
My builds:
My site:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

This will affect mostly life leech for Strength of Blood what will be very annoying, but manageable.

ah okay

so what is your overall verdict about the patchnotes?
50% more poison damage but so many nerfs, idk
"
xLLITbIKx wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

ah okay

so what is your overall verdict about the patchnotes?
50% more poison damage but so many nerfs, idk

The deadly ailments damage nerf was bigger than I expected but it should still be net buff, especially with the new flask notables. I am trying to check new tree rn and will post exact results.

Also its important to note that every other build lost like 20-30% damage from the nerfs so as long as we stay at least even or positive its still massive buff.
My builds:
My site:
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jul 20, 2021, 7:53:11 PM
Alright so final thoughts:

After all the flask nerfs, tree nerfs, chains of emancipation nerfs, tree changes, gem nerfs, small PF nerf and the poison buff we will lose around 4% of damage next patch. What is literally nothing, so the build is basically at exactly same power level as before (well obviously we dont have Berserk anymore) while other builds were heavily nerfed. Overall im pretty happy with the changes even though flask choices are a lot more boring now.

My builds:
My site:
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jul 20, 2021, 9:20:27 PM
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

After all the flask nerfs, tree nerfs, chains of emancipation nerfs, tree changes, gem nerfs, small PF nerf and the poison buff we will lose around 4% of damage next patch. What is literally nothing, so the build is basically at exactly same power level as before (well obviously we dont have Berserk anymore) while other builds were heavily nerfed. Overall im pretty happy with the changes even though flask choices are a lot more boring now.

have you thought of using unwavering focus cluster with tireless to have 0 cost on rage from chainbreaker?
"
Grizzler wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

have you thought of using unwavering focus cluster with tireless to have 0 cost on rage from chainbreaker?

That is too much investment and not worth at all for us, I thought about it before. But as we get only half of the damage buff rom berserk it would basically just ruin the damage.
My builds:
My site:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info