(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
Wallach wrote:
Feel free to toss one into your build.

Yeah, will do :) I actually never played a build without a golem, so im used to it. My finger lands on the "golem-button" almost from itself after every big pack ^^
"
* Anointment for amulets will grant us a free notable skill from anywhere in the skill tree. We have great options for damage on this front, including one of the new Anointment-only notables called Crusader (which grants the same 30% mana:damage conversion that Divine Guidance now offers)

Are you sure this stacks with the boost from the Hierophant ascendancy? In PoB they both just say 'Transfiguration of Mind'. Wouldn't surprise me if it's an on or off thing which doesn't double up. Either way thanks for updating, will be using this guide as my league starter. :)
"
Procelot wrote:
"
* Anointment for amulets will grant us a free notable skill from anywhere in the skill tree. We have great options for damage on this front, including one of the new Anointment-only notables called Crusader (which grants the same 30% mana:damage conversion that Divine Guidance now offers)

Are you sure this stacks with the boost from the Hierophant ascendancy? In PoB they both just say 'Transfiguration of Mind'. Wouldn't surprise me if it's an on or off thing which doesn't double up. Either way thanks for updating, will be using this guide as my league starter. :)

You have a point actually, we may not be able to utilize that now that it is a named effect and we already get it from Divine Guidance. It's not a big deal really since Crusader is almost certain to use rare oils due to being hidden, and the other top options are nearly identical. I didn't think about them giving it an effect name though, it may just be off the table.
The only one i really found interesting is cleansed thoughts with the double chaos resist.

Lets assume it counts from the base resist itself, so we would already have -30% from the start without anything. Then we have +20% from the tree, which would be +40%. Now add a +25% from an item slot, which is again +50%, we would almost be capped at +60% with just one item and the tree.

If it does not scale from the base, it would still be +30% Chaos resist, whats more than enough for a build that is not jumping into action.
Last edited by deimudda69 on Sep 4, 2019, 8:57:38 PM
"
deimudda69 wrote:
The only one i really found interesting is cleansed thoughts with the double chaos resist.

Lets assume it counts from the base resist itself, so we would already have -30% from the start without anything. Then we have +20% from the tree, which would be +40%. Now add a +25% from an item slot, which is again +50%, we would almost be capped at +60% with just one item and the tree.

If it does not scale from the base, it would still be +30% Chaos resist, whats more than enough for a build that is not jumping into action.

You can already test this in PoB. It takes your current chaos resistance and doubles it, -30% becomes -60% and 30% becomes 60%. Also where do you get -30% base? Should be -60%.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Sep 4, 2019, 9:23:08 PM
"
Dmillz wrote:
Also where do you get -30% base? Should be -60%.

Yeah, its -60% base. But if the node doubles even your base resist, it becomes -30% without anything. If not, it stays -60%.
Is it just me or is Transfiguration of Mind on the ascendancy not working on PoB? Unallocating doesn't lower my dps at all

Also on Arcane Capacitor, the chance to gain arcane surge is worthless for us since our totems kill, correct?

How expensive is soul mantle normally the first couple days of league?
I've just updated the full guide for my initial 3.8 changes, but please bear with me as I continue to work on the update. I'm currently slamming into the word count limit here on the forums, so for example my into blurb just got tossed while I figure out how to slim down the word count in ways that doesn't hurt useful information.

"
jonke wrote:
Is it just me or is Transfiguration of Mind on the ascendancy not working on PoB? Unallocating doesn't lower my dps at all

Also on Arcane Capacitor, the chance to gain arcane surge is worthless for us since our totems kill, correct?

Transfiguration of Mind is not currently calculated by Path of Building, no. I'm currently just simulating this bonus by working out how much Increased Damage would be granted by my current level of Increased Mana, and adding that much Increased Damage manually to an item (in the current pastebin, this is on Soul Mantle).

And yeah, the chance to gain Arcane Surge on kill will not work with totems, but this is probably a blessing in disguise since usually these kinds of nodes (similar to Hierophant's Arcane Blessing) only grant rank 1 Arcane Surge, which still overwrites your existing Arcane Surge due to it being a newer application.

"
XenJerec wrote:
How expensive is soul mantle normally the first couple days of league?

It's hard to say. I suspect Soul Mantle will be more expensive this league than last league, but typically it isn't very expensive.
Increased effect of curses give us extra dps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info