(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

First of all, thank you, Wallach, for updating this great build guide right before the new league. I have a couple of leveling questions and hope you totem gurus here could give me suggestions.

1. I plan to follow Dmillz's guide to start the character like a caster. When switching to FP totem, for the worst scenario, if I only have 4-link gears, which 2 support gems should I link to Spell Totem - FP?

2. can you show some example of weapons to look for during leveling? If you could post a few links to poe.trade with some filters, that would be wonderful.

Thank you.
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:
First of all, thank you, Wallach, for updating this great build guide right before the new league. I have a couple of leveling questions and hope you totem gurus here could give me suggestions.

1. I plan to follow Dmillz's guide to start the character like a caster. When switching to FP totem, for the worst scenario, if I only have 4-link gears, which 2 support gems should I link to Spell Totem - FP?

2. can you show some example of weapons to look for during leveling? If you could post a few links to poe.trade with some filters, that would be wonderful.

Thank you.

1. Controlled Destruction then either Multiple Totems or Added Cold Damage. If you have 2 First Snow jewels then I would lean towards Added Cold, if you don't I would use Multiple Totems.

2. You'll want to use the new recipe that used to give +1 gem levels and now gives flat damage to spells. Added Lightning damage to spells is best early on and Added Cold damage to spells once you switch to totems. Other than that just spell/lightning damage and cast speed, generic caster mods. That said damage will not be an issue for you while leveling. You'll smash stuff with white wands with the OoS + Wave setup so don't overthink it.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Sep 5, 2019, 2:39:18 PM
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:

Thank you.

1. Controlled Destruction then either Multiple Totems or Added Cold Damage. If you have 2 First Snow jewels then I would lean towards Added Cold, if you don't I would use Multiple Totems.

2. You'll want to use the new recipe that used to give +1 gem levels and now gives flat damage to spells. Added Lightning damage to spells is best early on and Added Cold damage to spells once you switch to totems. Other than that just spell/lightning damage and cast speed, generic caster mods. That said damage will not be an issue for you while leveling. You'll smash stuff with white wands with the OoS + Wave setup so don't overthink it.

So you don't have to modify the passive tee to use the OoS + Wave setup?
"
Quintessence wrote:

You rush this first: www.poeurl.com/cylI

Then I go for the generic nodes and life: www.poeurl.com/cylR

And then it depends what you do, if you stick with OOS till maps like me you can fill the life and use some of your respec points to be closer to the target tree: www.poeurl.com/cyl3

Or if you want to change to FP totems after 2nd lab you first go for the jewel sockets, and then contiunue to the target tree: www.poeurl.com/cyl5

I don't take ancestral bond until I have Soul Mantle, 2x Kikazaru + some crit nodes (you respec elemental Overlord then) and clear with 3 or 5 totems keeping lightning spire and wave of conviction for single target even in first few maps. But it's up to prefference.

I don't take MoM and any mana nodes until 3rd lab and Kitava, maps.

Last edited by seciak on Sep 5, 2019, 4:19:36 PM
"
Quintessence wrote:

You do, it's in my guide as well. I provide a PoB with gems and different leveling passives to show the progression.
What's your opinion of going scion instead of templar?
Last edited by CutieSabba on Sep 5, 2019, 4:41:23 PM
"
CutieSabba wrote:
What's your opinion of going scion instead of templar?

Personally I feel like Hierophant just has too much quality of life when it comes to totems for me to want to build as an Ascendant. It's definitely a viable way to go, but I simply value the totem placement speed and inherent dual totem drops too much.
Just unsure what to start with with all the changes and, summoners/mine aint my cup of tea. I was just wondering,say if you played hardcore,how viable is it for delve .. Not deep deep but like the old 300-400ish?.
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
Quintessence wrote:

You do, it's in my guide as well. I provide a PoB with gems and different leveling passives to show the progression.

Where is your guide?
"
Quintessence wrote:
"
Dmillz wrote:
"
Quintessence wrote:

Where is your guide?

Ah woops, thought you were the other guy who was asking about leveling before.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2547296/page/33

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info