(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

So what does Transfiguration of Mind do exactly ?
"
Divine Guidance: No longer grants +150 to maximum Mana. Now grants 30% increased maximum Mana, and causes increases and reductions to maximum Mana to also apply to damage at 30% of their value.

So some increased damage based how much increased mana you have.

Anyone know how Arcane Surge from different sources work? Because the Arcane Capacitor node with arcane surge effect is huge, but if it will override a high level Arcane Surge with a lvl 1 every time it procs, then it's pretty bad.

The Prodigal Perfection node is amazing tho. Just with that node the build got buffed.
PoB is updated. And what the post above asked.

Edit: Ah, get it. Transfiguration of Mind is that Mana -> dmg thing. I hope that means all mana and not only the 30% extra we get from that node only. And it says "maximum" mana, not "current" which is great.
Last edited by deimudda69 on Sep 4, 2019, 10:24:39 AM
"
deimudda69 wrote:
PoB is updated. And what the post above asked.

Edit: Ah, get it. Transfiguration of Mind is that Mana -> dmg thing. I hope that means all mana and not only the 30% extra we get from that node only. And it says "maximum" mana, not "current" which is great.

pretty sure it's for all mana (from tree, maybe not from items) otherwise you might as well just put a dmg% increase instead, no need to make it so complicated
"
seciak wrote:
"
Divine Guidance: No longer grants +150 to maximum Mana. Now grants 30% increased maximum Mana, and causes increases and reductions to maximum Mana to also apply to damage at 30% of their value.

So some increased damage based how much increased mana you have.

Anyone know how Arcane Surge from different sources work? Because the Arcane Capacitor node with arcane surge effect is huge, but if it will override a high level Arcane Surge with a lvl 1 every time it procs, then it's pretty bad.

The Prodigal Perfection node is amazing tho. Just with that node the build got buffed.

Does arcane capacitor trigger arcane surge on kill (10% chance) with your totems ?
No. You cannot kill anything. Your totems do.
If anyone has run this in HCSSF let me know. I'll be giving this build a go for Blight. I did a quick run yesterday to see the early game feel. I am definitely leaning towards running two characters through to act 5 in order to get the two first snow jewel rewards after act 5 purity. I wouldn't corrupt these jewels as the ilvl is too low to get helpful corruption mods. I'm feeling how sluggish the early game is without those jewels compared to other builds I have played, but this is fine. At least getting the second char to act 5 will be quicker as I'll have a jewel from the first and equipment.

I also plan on chancing ilvl 20-37 topaz rings (technically should only give kikazaru if it goes unique) and will be chancing ilvl 50+ spidersilk robes. I know from past characters I have had these key items drop - had one kikazaru drop in an mlvl 24 zone, but the soul mantle didn't drop until maps.

The gem purchase costs from petarus in A4 are pretty steep for early game ssf (1 alch each for increased AoE, CWDT).

I am looking forward to the change in playstyle :)

Patchnotes, as others have noted look to be a benefit to the build. Grateful for the +1 all cold skill gems mod for shields which will help boost end game DPS. Atziri's reflection is unrealistic for SSF even if the other items are feasible (cowards, etc).

Anyways, I am aiming for a steady pace and a top 10 finish for heirophant :D

To other HC SSF players, stay safe and have fun!
Last edited by JSquare on Sep 4, 2019, 10:51:10 AM
Oh right, I forgot you cannot get anything "on kill" with totems/mines/traps. That solves it :D

But yeah, if I did the math right, taking Arcane Capacitor and Prodigal Perfection instead of some of the old mana nodes + Divine Guidanece buff is around 15% more damage, up to 20-22% more depending how much mana you spend in the last 4s. With pretty much the same mana pool and points spent, huge buff.
Prodigal Perfection can replace Soul Siphon (1 extra point though) and the new Inspiration Support has a lot of potential. Not very impressed with the other new mana nodes overall though, I was expecting more. Arcane Capacitor isn't very good IMO, we don't actually spend that much mana regularly (especially if you use the new Inspiration support) and if you put Arcane Surge on Flame Dash it'll be up from that most of the time anyways.

Inspiration Support
At 20/20 you get 39% reduced skill cost + 40% more elemental damage + 50% inc crit chance while at max (5) charges. Since we don't spam too many skills after the initial set up in a fight the charge buffs should be up most of the time in a fight.

If you replace Inc Critical Strikes with it you drop to 64 mana/totem cast meaning that you need to summon your totems 13 total times (8 after getting max charges) before the charges are lost. In my PoB build for this it ends up being worth 11% more damage assuming all charges are up. This bumps up to a whopping 22% more damage while using a Diamond Flask.

Also Clarity might be worth using now. Rough napkin math says at lv20 it's an additional 120 mana/second for me for 279 mana reserved. As long as you can get over the cap of mana needed for MoM (Life * 4/6) and you have an extra socket this is basically free regen.
IGN: Dmillz
Last edited by Dmillz on Sep 4, 2019, 11:43:00 AM
"
Dmillz wrote:

Inspiration Support
At 20/20 you get 39% reduced skill cost + 40% more elemental damage + 50% inc crit chance while at max (5) charges. Since we don't spam too many skills after the initial set up in a fight the charge buffs should be up most of the time in a fight.

If you replace Inc Critical Strikes with it you drop to 64 mana/totem cast meaning that you need to summon your totems 13 total times (8 after getting max charges) before the charges are lost.

The gem quality implies that the charges will naturally decay, but also be removed upon mana usage - so this may not work out as well as I think you are expecting it to work. Seems like a bit of an awkward gem to manage.
Last edited by JSquare on Sep 4, 2019, 2:39:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info