(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

@wallach how you doing?

Ty for the detailed guide, will definitely try this on 3.8

I don't if it was mentioned before and brought up for discussion, but looking at the passives, specially on the jewel nodes and your jewel allocation, only one First Snow is gaining the benefit of "40 intelligence in radius", the other one, next to MoM, is only getting 20 allocated int in radius. For you to do that, I assume you don't need to necessary allocate a point to the int passive in radius to get the full benefit of the jewel right?

If you need to to have int allocated in radius of the jewel to get the effect, then you can just swap the position of the second First Snow with Self-Flagellation. I'm just want to double check because this could confuse new players (as of me).

Ty for your attention, looking forward to the guide update for blight!
Thats a thing most players (not even new ones) dont know or dont understand.

If you read carefully, the description says: "with atleast x stat in radius", not allocated. Thats a difference. If you look in pob, you can see when you hover over the jewel, that it says 70 int in range on the left one and 80 int in range on the other. Those jeweles are pretty overcapped by the stat they need. pob even shows the exact radius its occuping.

Most of those questions can be answered by themselves if one just reads and understands the whole tooltip.

Last edited by deimudda69 on Sep 3, 2019, 5:38:29 PM
Thanks for the kind words folks - patch notes hype!

"
dimmubreu wrote:
@wallach how you doing?

Ty for the detailed guide, will definitely try this on 3.8

I don't if it was mentioned before and brought up for discussion, but looking at the passives, specially on the jewel nodes and your jewel allocation, only one First Snow is gaining the benefit of "40 intelligence in radius", the other one, next to MoM, is only getting 20 allocated int in radius. For you to do that, I assume you don't need to necessary allocate a point to the int passive in radius to get the full benefit of the jewel right?

If you need to to have int allocated in radius of the jewel to get the effect, then you can just swap the position of the second First Snow with Self-Flagellation. I'm just want to double check because this could confuse new players (as of me).

Ty for your attention, looking forward to the guide update for blight!

Yeah, this has come up a few times over the course of the thread, but they changed the way threshold jewels worked way back in 2.6 to where you didn't need to have the attributes allocated, just within radius of the socket. If you take a look at Path of Building on an empty socket, it'll show in the tooltip which types of threshold jewels that socket can support (Strength, Intelligence or Dexterity) without having to check manually what's in radius. It's really just a way for them to control where you might be able to socket certain skills' threshold jewels.
Hey there, first of all thanks for the guide, looking forward to using this as a leaguestarter for 3.8, I am just wondering if you think a 5link soul mantle is a good enough time to switch over to it and the Kik rings, or should I wait till 6linking it to switch, thanks! Look forward to reading the updated guide for 3.8 :)
"
SirBuddington wrote:
Hey there, first of all thanks for the guide, looking forward to using this as a leaguestarter for 3.8, I am just wondering if you think a 5link soul mantle is a good enough time to switch over to it and the Kik rings, or should I wait till 6linking it to switch, thanks! Look forward to reading the updated guide for 3.8 :)

Heck if you're league starting, like a 4-link is more than enough to want to switch. You get the free Spell Totem link already, and it will allow you to ignore curses, get more totem health, and enable Self-Flagellation all together. If you can jump straight into a 5-link, even better.

I'm looking at the new full skill tree now to plan for build updates tomorrow, and these new mana nodes are pretty juicy. This build is definitely coming out the other side of this patch noticeably buffed:

* Better mana node selection, vastly more access to mana overall, more sources of mana-into-damage
* Very minor nerf to Divine Guidance in exchange for quite a bit of free damage
* +1 all cold skill gems rolls on pure Int shields which should be much more accessible than on a weapon
* No nerfs or changes to Freezing Pulse or any of the uniques this build utilizes

We're good to go. Expect at least preliminary build updates tomorrow.
"
Wallach wrote:
I'm looking at the new full skill tree now to plan for build updates tomorrow, and these new mana nodes are pretty juicy. This build is definitely coming out the other side of this patch noticeably buffed:

* Better mana node selection, vastly more access to mana overall, more sources of mana-into-damage
* Very minor nerf to Divine Guidance in exchange for quite a bit of free damage
* +1 all cold skill gems rolls on pure Int shields which should be much more accessible than on a weapon
* No nerfs or changes to Freezing Pulse or any of the uniques this build utilizes

We're good to go. Expect at least preliminary build updates tomorrow.

I can't wait man. Definitely planning on blowing a bunch of time at work tomorrow coming up with new passives!
IGN: Dmillz
In 3.8 what will be better? Mirror shield or shield with +1 cold gems?
"
AgumoPL wrote:
In 3.8 what will be better? Mirror shield or shield with +1 cold gems?

Atziri's Reflection enables so much damage I'm almost certain it still wins that battle. But of course all of that damage it enables has a pretty steep price (not just in the shield, but in stuff like the following Coward's Legacy or Watcher's Eye modifications).

Still, it means that before you are rolling in currency, the build has a lot more room to grow. I think assuming you just drop in a +1 Cold Spell Gems affix on shield and changed nothing else but the skill tree, the build will gain about 15% total damage (while gaining mana compared to 3.7). Even assuming we don't change any of the gear from the existing level 95 PoB example, the build is going to still gain at least ~7.5% total damage (with the same increase in mana compared to 3.7).
Sooo Freezing Pulse is buffed :D
"
AgumoPL wrote:
Sooo Freezing Pulse is buffed :D

Indirectly, yes. I can't wait for league start!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info