no

On PoB Scaeva mainhand seems to be a significant dps boost over Ichimonji, but since I haven't tested it, I'm curious to know if the Ichimonji's other effects are somehow uncalculated or if Scaeva is a superior mainhand option
"
On PoB Scaeva mainhand seems to be a significant dps boost over Ichimonji, but since I haven't tested it, I'm curious to know if the Ichimonji's other effects are somehow uncalculated or if Scaeva is a superior mainhand option

Putting an Ichimonji in my offhand was a dps upgrade, but when I switch out for my mainhand Scaeva it drops by dps by over 1000. I would also like to know if it's worthwhile to do this for the 10% buff to buffs affecting me
"
MasterBK wrote:
So this is my steam account. Me with problems with the Brine King from a couple of posts above. My char should be visible now and any feedback is much appreciated. Still new to the game, not ridiculously stupid but a little overwhelmed with all the choices, and still on SSF since I have a feeling I enjoy it more.

I managed now...guess I am a bit overleveled, but I kept moving and it went fine, just died the once. Cutting through most areas very fast otherwise.

Might as well ask another thing. When is it time to start trying to get the best gear possible? I am kind of saving most of my currency for later when new good stuff wont drop the same way. Or am I thinking backwards?
"
MasterBK wrote:
"
MasterBK wrote:
So this is my steam account. Me with problems with the Brine King from a couple of posts above. My char should be visible now and any feedback is much appreciated. Still new to the game, not ridiculously stupid but a little overwhelmed with all the choices, and still on SSF since I have a feeling I enjoy it more.

I managed now...guess I am a bit overleveled, but I kept moving and it went fine, just died the once. Cutting through most areas very fast otherwise.

Might as well ask another thing. When is it time to start trying to get the best gear possible? I am kind of saving most of my currency for later when new good stuff wont drop the same way. Or am I thinking backwards?

Well, you will probably have to change 90% of your gear when you finish Act 10 and kill the boss here.
Okay, since people have been curious about the Scaeva vs Ichimonji question, I just tested a 280 dps Scaeva after using Ichimonji for a few dozen levels.

It's better damage for sure, but it's extremely slow and makes general clearing feel worse overall because of it, even if you're technically clearing *each* pack faster. I'd recommend sticking with the Ichimonji.
This is the first time that I have played a melee build in quite a while and with the changes in 3.7 (and of course this guide) it has been a refreshing change.

Currently I am level 34 and am having trouble figuring out which support gems I should currently be using with my 'Bladestorm'. I am using a Tabula so sockets are not the issue, it is just what gems I should be using to not kill my mana pool.

I have equipped a Praxis, so that helps with the mana. But I am not sure how long I will be able to use it before it needs to be replaced with something with a little more resistance.

So currently I am using:

Bladestorm
Close Combat
Melee Physical Damage
Pulverise

I am running both the 'Blood and Sand' and 'Flesh and Stone' auras along with 'Dread Banner' (not sure if I should be running this at this point in time or not). This leaves me a mana pool of 78 and my current 4 link Bladestorm setup costing 16. If I add in 'Impale' or 'Fortify' my cost goes up to 23 for one or 32 for both. I have not taken into consideration 'Brutality' because I am to low of a level.

The good news is that with only using 4 gems in the Tabula, I seem to have no issues killing anything :)

So now for my questions:

1) What order should I be adding the support gems to my 'Bladestorm'?

2) Should I be using 'Dread Banner' at this time or wait until later? Not reserving 10% of the pool could be a good thing.

3) Am I doing something wrong in managing my mana? I am hoping it gets better.

Thanks
Last edited by Skua99 on Jun 14, 2019, 6:47:22 PM
Cyclone things.

Stole some interesting ideas from another cyclone build. I think you can add this for sure ;)

Currently I am running with pulverize and channeling infusion.
For shaper/elder i think we can do this:

If you have a white socket: Pulverize -> Impale
(betrayal vorici in research)

If you do not have a white socket: swap Pulverize for Dmg on Full Life
(or is it better melee phys?)

I also run ancestral + faster attacks, but prob need to swap for impale so it faster stacks them.

And another small tip i found:

For single target, replace EndChrgOnMS with vuln and manually cast 21/20 vuln for ~7% More dmg if you wish. actually i don't run COD + portal, so i have space for vuln without swapping.

also, can you help me with
This build has 80% chance to impale (80% / 20% = 4, 4 x 10% more = 40% more damage) which equals 40% more damage. where do we get 80% number? 20x2 from wep and +40 from gem?

and if i have no impale sources for now, is it better to run melee phys instead of close combat?

EDITED SOME MISSING WORDS.
Last edited by prophets on Jun 14, 2019, 7:21:22 PM
"
prophets wrote:
Cyclone things.

Stole some interesting ideas from another cyclone build. I think you can add this for sure ;)

Currently I am running with pulverize and channeling infusion.
For shaper/elder i think we can do this:

If you have a white socket: Pulverize -> Impale
(betrayal vorici in research)

If you do not have a white socket: swap Pulverize for Dmg on Full Life
(or is it better melee phys?)

I also run ancestral + faster attacks, but prob need to swap for impale so it faster stacks them.

And another small tip i found:

For single target, replace EndChrgOnMS with vuln and manually cast 21/20 vuln for ~7% More dmg if you wish.

also, can you help me with
This build has 80% chance to impale (80% / 20% = 4, 4 x 10% more = 40% more damage) which equals 40% more damage. where do we get 80% number? 20x2 from wep and +40 from gem?

and if i have no impale sources for now, is it better to run melee phys?

20% from each weapon (its local), 40% from the support gem and 20% from the Dread Banner.
From what survi comes from this build , i play it now on PS4 , i see small defensives , life lech comes only from last ascendancy ?
"
Skua99 wrote:
This is the first time that I have played a melee build in quite a while and with the changes in 3.7 (and of course this guide) it has been a refreshing change.

Currently I am level 34 and am having trouble figuring out which support gems I should currently be using with my 'Bladestorm'. I am using a Tabula so sockets are not the issue, it is just what gems I should be using to not kill my mana pool.

I have equipped a Praxis, so that helps with the mana. But I am not sure how long I will be able to use it before it needs to be replaced with something with a little more resistance.

So currently I am using:

Bladestorm
Close Combat
Melee Physical Damage
Pulverise

I am running both the 'Blood and Sand' and 'Flesh and Stone' auras along with 'Dread Banner' (not sure if I should be running this at this point in time or not). This leaves me a mana pool of 78 and my current 4 link Bladestorm setup costing 16. If I add in 'Impale' or 'Fortify' my cost goes up to 23 for one or 32 for both. I have not taken into consideration 'Brutality' because I am to low of a level.

The good news is that with only using 4 gems in the Tabula, I seem to have no issues killing anything :)

So now for my questions:

1) What order should I be adding the support gems to my 'Bladestorm'?

2) Should I be using 'Dread Banner' at this time or wait until later? Not reserving 10% of the pool could be a good thing.

3) Am I doing something wrong in managing my mana? I am hoping it gets better.

Thanks

Using a little trial and error, plus some more levels, I seem to have found the answers to most of my questions.

As long as I pace myself, I have no problem running 6 gems in my tabula. I now have a pool of 89 mana after running the two aura's plus 'Dread Banner', while my Bladestorm is costing me 32. Just need to hit the mana flask once in a great while.

But I do still have a question on which gems I should be running. Currently I am using:

Bladestorm
Brutality
Close Combat
Melee Physical Damage
Pulverise
Impale

Should I replace one of the above with 'Fortify'?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info