[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

Hi, getting back with a question on the build.

Anything I can do with this chest?
Got a ilvl 81 Sadist Garb, 30% Ql, T2 ES + Mana, T1 Hybrid + block and Arcane Surge.

Spoiler

Worth multimoding?
Thanks!
probably not, youre giving up a TON of defense in order to get 10% dps, remember the trickster ascendency with chest/helm and evasion/es
considering picking up a soul ripper flask for QoL on vaal cold snap/RF and maybe even discipline

anyone tried this? how is it... vaal cold snap is OP for map clearing... pop soul ripper, 3 seconds later pop all your vaal stuff, zoom thru a map for 5 seconds, and all the vaal stuff should be up again and your flask full to repeat...

EDIT: picked it up... its nice, but you have to be zooming pretty fast to get it back to full again to continuously spam vaal RF and vaal cold snap every 5 seconds
Last edited by wtfbliz on Jan 7, 2020, 1:31:06 PM
"
emiluba wrote:

Got a ilvl 81 Sadist Garb, 30% Ql, T2 ES + Mana, T1 Hybrid + block and Arcane Surge.

Spoiler

Worth multimoding?
Thanks!

Probably worth a scour. The eva and Es is far too low. If you feel good on ES already then its nice to have the block and surge, but not at the cost of that much ES and evasion.
"
emiluba wrote:

Spoiler

Worth multimoding?
Thanks!

That my friend, is a reroll. You need to first have good defensive mods on your chest and then Arcane Surge for damage. #priorities

:D
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jan 7, 2020, 1:39:11 PM
"
wtfbliz wrote:
considering picking up a soul ripper flask for QoL on vaal cold snap/RF and maybe even discipline

anyone tried this? how is it... vaal cold snap is OP for map clearing... pop soul ripper, 3 seconds later pop all your vaal stuff, zoom thru a map for 5 seconds, and all the vaal stuff should be up again and your flask full to repeat...

EDIT: picked it up... its nice, but you have to be zooming pretty fast to get it back to full again to continuously spam vaal RF and vaal cold snap every 5 seconds

Great idea with that flask, tried to capture it in video but was not waiting 3s before vall spells. This was my first time using that flask so not smooth gameplay https://youtu.be/jFEMMkry_wY
If you want I can make another with waiting.
"
K3iVi wrote:
"
wtfbliz wrote:

Great idea with that flask, tried to capture it in video but was not waiting 3s before vall spells. This was my first time using that flask so not smooth gameplay https://youtu.be/jFEMMkry_wY
If you want I can make another with waiting.

Yea Im playing around with how much to delay between uses in order to regen a charge at about the same time as the vaal skills, but its definitely a very nice QoL. I think a 0% quality soul ripper is actually better than a 20% one for our purposes.

Only downside is that for bossing when we actually need the dodge you have 1 less flask charge since its 60/60 instead of 30/60 like a normal quartz flask, but realistically the only bosses where it would matter would be uber elder and awakener 8 and you can flask swap before you go do those.

might also be able to combo this with Rotgut to have always up on onslaught since the frenzy generation doesnt do a whole lot for us otherwise and we are instantly at max stacks all the time with vaal cold snap up

Works best in areas with long corridors like lair of hydra or chimera.

My map clear speed with soul ripper and rotgut is about 25% faster at least, which if youre farming 5 ex a day of loot, the flask will pay for itself in about 2 days
Last edited by wtfbliz on Jan 7, 2020, 3:35:09 PM
"

Yea Im playing around with how much to delay between uses in order to regen a charge at about the same time as the vaal skills, but its definitely a very nice QoL. I think a 0% quality soul ripper is actually better than a 20% one for our purposes.

Only downside is that for bossing when we actually need the dodge you have 1 less flask charge since its 60/60 instead of 30/60 like a normal quartz flask, but realistically the only bosses where it would matter would be uber elder and awakener 8 and you can flask swap before you go do those.

might also be able to combo this with Rotgut to have always up on onslaught since the frenzy generation doesnt do a whole lot for us otherwise

I will do extensive testing tomorrow. I have also made some automation, AH can check if you have flask and vaals rdy, and only when they are all up it will start flask, wait 3s and start vaal skills.
After testing i can say Soul ripper flask is super good for mapping.

Huge QoL is to take Potency of Will on skill tree, with this skill point my vaal cold snap lasts for 8.32s which is super good. So strategy is to have Soul ripper flask with 0% quality, start mapping, pop flask wait 1-2seconds and pop vaal skills, flask will be overlapping vall skills for 2seconds and result will be 6second with only vaal skills gaining souls again.
All this will result in full flask charges and charged up vaal skills before first vaal skills disapear. I also took Phase run skill to increase movement speed between packs.

But this requires pretty good gear to clear t16 fast without casting much regular dmg skills. Otherwise it will lead to a different vaal build without vortex. My vaal cold snap in helmet is lvl 26 right now.

Made video how that works with longer vaal skills: https://youtu.be/f18iaRy-exE
EDITED: PoB with skill levels right https://pastebin.com/VLD6HufS
Last edited by K3iVi on Jan 8, 2020, 12:29:43 PM
"
K3iVi wrote:
After testing i can say Soul ripper flask is super good for mapping.

Huge QoL is to take Potency of Will on skill tree, with this skill point my vaal cold snap lasts for 8.32s which is super good. So strategy is to have Soul ripper flask with 0% quality, start mapping, pop flask wait 1-2seconds and pop vaal skills, flask will be overlapping vall skills for 2seconds and result will be 6second with only vaal skills gaining souls again.
All this will result in full flask charges and charged up vaal skills before first vaal skills disapear. I also took Phase run skill to increase movement speed between packs.

But this requires pretty good gear to clear t16 fast without casting much regular dmg skills. Otherwise it will lead to a different vaal build without vortex. My vaal cold snap in helmet is lvl 26 right now.

Made video how that works with longer vaal skills: https://youtu.be/f18iaRy-exE
PoB https://pastebin.com/jBFs6jqm

Your tooltip damage is fkn bonkers... i guess its because concentrated effect and the +2 to gems corrupt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info