[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
Jay_J wrote:
I'm planning to start a cold dot vortex char but after reading into occultist and trickster versions for quite a while I still can't decide which to go for.

I feel trickster provides much better defense layers why I prefer it. However, everybody seems to be using atziri's reflection which I won't have. I wonder if in that case it would be better to go with occu + shav's LL version as it's actually obtainable for me.
Also, 90% of vortex chars on poe.ninja are occultists. I'm sure there's a reason for that, right?

Thanks for input!

Occultist is just more popular in general. I prefer CI for chaos immunity and the extra defensive layers are quite nice.

That said I haven't actually played this since 3.7 xD Having too much fun on my VD necro build. :P

In general Trickster will be more defensive and has some nice QoL bonuses. Reflection is great and is something you can work towards. Up to you though, both are very strong.

I played both Occultist and this build. Occultist has more quality of life like no freeze and always curse, but this build has 60% evasion and much more es regen. ES was a little less on this build but this is the tankier build.

I did Ghazzys occultist and this guide pretty much to the letter.

What do you think about the new astral projector ring? Would it be a good way for a safer approach?
"
xMelgassi wrote:
What do you think about the new astral projector ring? Would it be a good way for a safer approach?

No, it defeats the entire purpose of the build and loses valuable ring slots. You can already target snipe with cold snap, need to run through packs with vaal cold snap anyway, and the build has more than enough defenses to flame dash or shield charge into packs to drop vortex. If you want to use it to meme with that is fine but it is sub optimal.
"
Jay_J wrote:
I'm planning to start a cold dot vortex char but after reading into occultist and trickster versions for quite a while I still can't decide which to go for.

I feel trickster provides much better defense layers why I prefer it. However, everybody seems to be using atziri's reflection which I won't have. I wonder if in that case it would be better to go with occu + shav's LL version as it's actually obtainable for me.
Also, 90% of vortex chars on poe.ninja are occultists. I'm sure there's a reason for that, right?

Thanks for input!

You do not need reflection and coward legacy. Look at my profile. I have 11k ES (3rd highest ES on trickster vortex on poe ninja), 50% block with rumis (could be 100% with legion jewel if I wanted it) and ~1.2m sharper dot dps. I would get more dps from a +2 cold/int skill gem amulet, +cold wand and +cold shield (all of which I have made then sold instead of using because you simply do not need the dps). I am clearing A8 Sirus deathless easily. The build is very tanky, CI is huge this league, etc. Most people play this as occultist because of profane bloom, which is a huge QOL for map clear as enemies explode and dmg others. We can get that with a crafted chest though if desired.
Just finished off my gear with an atziri reflection and belt... now just need 3 28% benches and a level 4 enlighten and I think I can relax and breeze thru all the content.

I think my gear is approx 50 ex, which is the spendiest build Ive ever played, and unless i luck into some silly gg mirror gear I'm probably finished swapping pieces out (maybe some boots for double dodge, but sin trek is so good)

Enjoyed this build most out of any poe league Ive played, thx for all the help!

LAST QUESTION: How does curse reflection work? Will it reflect map curses? Does it count toward my curse limit? Do I need to take +1 curse from the tree? If it does count toward curse limit and I reflect more curses than I can have, how does it prioritize?
Last edited by wtfbliz on Jan 6, 2020, 4:44:27 PM
Hi, I like the build very much, cleared all content with it. Right now I think about fitting in Flesh and Stone. I don‘t quite see it working out mana wise, can someone look at my character and see if it is possible? Thank you!
Youll need a lv 4 enlighten and the 2 mana reserved nodes on the left side of the tree in order to be able to have all of these:

Spider (25% cant be reduced)
Malevolance (or other 50%)
Flesh and Stone (25%)
Discipline (30%)
Clarity (flat mana)
"

Youll need a lv 4 enlighten and the 2 mana reserved nodes on the left side of the tree in order to be able to have all of these:

Spider (25% cant be reduced)
Malevolance (or other 50%)
Flesh and Stone (25%)
Discipline (30%)
Clarity (flat mana)

So I just got this setup going on my character. I needed both mana reservation nodes, a discipline mana reservation helmet enchant, and level 4 enlighten socketed into +1 corrupted boots. Not sure if I’m missing something else but I couldn’t get it to work with just level 4 enlighten and the mana res nodes.
Youre crazy! Thats awesome though
Mmh, yeah that looks like the only way more or less, I could try to get to charisma on the tree, but thats a lot of points. I don't have Sin Trek and I don't want to loose my boots, so I will probably just play without it, it is fine so far.

P.S.: Maybe I try to corrupt my gloves, those are not that hard to get, maybe as a long term project.
Last edited by Sisko1980 on Jan 7, 2020, 6:19:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info