[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

What do you think about Defensive Options? I like to Play my builds quite defensive and I am thinking about More Max Resists with Soul of Steel, Maybe Avoid all Ailments with the mods on gloves, Helmet and Chest. Maybe do something with Blocking? Any ideas would be welcome!
"
Just killed Awakener with this build as my league starter. Having a blast, thanks for the build!

How did you killed him ?

I tried yesterday but in the second phase he was in the sky all the time...

Path of Bugs...xD
"
lazycalm2 wrote:
Hi,

How important is it to apply storm brand + frost bomb for the debuffs?
Do we need to do it often?

It just seems like a pain in the ass to be casting do much stuff

if you have EE, definitely cast storm brand/oos, otherwise not only would you be missing out on the -50% cold res, you'd be giving your mob a +25% cold res. honestly, I just cast storm brand. most blues/yellows are ok. with bosses, you might want to apply frost bomb. of course where possible, use cold snap to apply bonechill.

otherwise, I find myself casting storm brand and vortex and running around (even without cold snap) and it's fine. just play a bit more and you'll find a good rhythm and clear speed.
"
Serge91 wrote:
Yo mate, thanks for the build. I remember i played it (occultist though) 3-4 leagues ago.

I am still leveling, don't have much time to play sadly.

I have 2 questions:

1) do you swap to CI as soon as you can, or do you swap to CI at level 70?

2) regarding EE: do you take the keystone only if you have the weapon with "trigger socketed spells" mod, or is it reasonable to take it even if you don't have the weapon (even though is quite cluncky)?

Just a consideration. The nerf to fortify is quite huge for this build, considering the fact that trickster has recieved relevant nerfs in the previous patches.

people swap to CI based on their ES pool. if you can get twink/good gear early on to give a good ES pool, then by all means, do the swap. preferences are different for different people, but I went for the swap once I had about 4k ES or so while levelling. I mean, if you realise you're dying too much, then just unallocate the passive, no biggy. trial and error what works for you.

for EE, my personal opinion and advice is always to take it. huge boost to dps - provided you cast oos/storm brand - which honestly is a bit clunkier but not "build breaking" levels of unplayability.
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
"
Serge91 wrote:
Yo mate, thanks for the build. I remember i played it (occultist though) 3-4 leagues ago.

I have 2 questions:

2) regarding EE: do you take the keystone only if you have the weapon with "trigger socketed spells" mod, or is it reasonable to take it even if you don't have the weapon (even though is quite cluncky)?

Just a consideration. The nerf to fortify is quite huge for this build, considering the fact that trickster has recieved relevant nerfs in the previous patches.

people swap to CI based on their ES pool. if you can get twink/good gear early on to give a good ES pool, then by all means, do the swap. preferences are different for different people, but I went for the swap once I had about 4k ES or so while levelling. I mean, if you realise you're dying too much, then just unallocate the passive, no biggy. trial and error what works for you.

for EE, my personal opinion and advice is always to take it. huge boost to dps - provided you cast oos/storm brand - which honestly is a bit clunkier but not "build breaking" levels of unplayability.

Yeah i think ill try CI at level 60. Ive got some chaos spared so i can buy some gear to start playing.

For EE, ill go for it even though i dont have the weapon. In the end, i already use Storm Brand for triggering EO, so...
"
Serge91 wrote:
"
SonsOfKorhal wrote:
"
Serge91 wrote:

I have 2 questions:

Yeah i think ill try CI at level 60. Ive got some chaos spared so i can buy some gear to start playing.

For EE, ill go for it even though i dont have the weapon. In the end, i already use Storm Brand for triggering EO, so...

do it. you'll see huge boost to dps for harder packs. and yes, the synergy is for stormbrand to be your EO and EE proc. also, if you have the dexterity (or if the mob is really a tough nut), in between your movement and casts of vortex, im sure you can land a frostbomb/frostbite/coldsnap-bonechill debuffs. :)
I just realized that tranquality anointment costs 2 golden oils so around 3-4 ex total, what are the best and a bit cheaper alternatives for this? :>
I'm trying this build as a league starter, currently in red tiers maps and I feel like my dmg is lacking. Is there something I'm doing wrong on the dmg side of things? I stack the trifecta vaal cold snap / cold snap / vortex on top of bosses, and it's taking ages to defeat end game bosses.

I know I'm talking about really end game bosses like conquerors at red tier, but it's insanely painful. And I feel like any consistent dmg upgrade is 10ex+ (I know my first logical one would be my 6th link on vortex though).

So yeah, asking again, am I doing something wrong or is it just the way it is? That's the dmg I should expect until I can get my 5th link and pay to go LL with reflecion + belt combo?

Here's my stuff

Spoiler
This is a great build, especially for this league. Quick question. I notice in your gem section very few have specific level mentions. Am I to assume all gems should be leveled to 20 except for Enfeeble (which said to level it to 5)? Or are there specific gem levels we are targeting, ie: CWDT? Thank you for your reply!
"
Bag_of_Bricks wrote:
This is a great build, especially for this league. Quick question. I notice in your gem section very few have specific level mentions. Am I to assume all gems should be leveled to 20 except for Enfeeble (which said to level it to 5)? Or are there specific gem levels we are targeting, ie: CWDT? Thank you for your reply!

Anything on cwdt should be kept in line with it. Level all your skills and auras n such.

@Quelnor

6th link is worth roughly 40% more damage. That's a good place to start. Reflection of course is also big.

And uhhh...your wand has cold damage to spells on it. This is what's causing your damage issues. Instead of -50% cold resistance from EEyou're hitting with an ever so small amount of cold damage and apply +25% Cold resistance instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info