Very good damage
Last edited by JaxRC on Dec 17, 2019, 7:34:07 AM
"
Jenova798 wrote:
T16 Lvl 88 damage still feels weak :(

Survavility is great tho

Spoiler

A 6L will vastly improve your DPS :)

That said, this is not a super high DPS build (even if there is potential for it). But it's the consistency of DoT DPS, good to excellent defense, and superb maneuverability that makes Vortex a strong bossing build.
"
emiluba wrote:
Hi,
To start off, nice build guide - probably one of the better ones out there!

Any thoughts on picking up the Arcane Surge node, right under Sovereignty, up from Overcharge (left side of the tree), until I get a body armor with lvl.1 Arcane Surge?

just link it with flame dash. just make sure to keep the level down to match mana cost for 1 cast
Would there be any way to make this work with Arctic Breath instead of Vortex? Seems like the only Ice build around aside from WO, and I love Cold Snap, but no other builds seem to make use of it, either.
"
DarkenX wrote:
Would there be any way to make this work with Arctic Breath instead of Vortex? Seems like the only Ice build around aside from WO, and I love Cold Snap, but no other builds seem to make use of it, either.

I mean, it would technically work, but it's just not as strong a Vortex. Also not instant cast. I think you would have to build around its projectile tag more to be honest. Personally I always use Cold Snap as my primary clearing Skill and vortex for tougher mobs and bosses.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
DarkenX wrote:

I mean, it would technically work, but it's just not as strong a Vortex. Also not instant cast. I think you would have to build around its projectile tag more to be honest. Personally I always use Cold Snap as my primary clearing Skill and vortex for tougher mobs and bosses.

I think my problem with Vortex is that it's not castable away from you, without the need for Frostbolt spam. If it were, I might like it more...

Hm, you may be right about the projectile bit. Maybe it is too much to try and build Cold Snap into anything BUT Vortex...
"
DarkenX wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
DarkenX wrote:

I think my problem with Vortex is that it's not castable away from you, without the need for Frostbolt spam. If it were, I might like it more...

Hm, you may be right about the projectile bit. Maybe it is too much to try and build Cold Snap into anything BUT Vortex...

Can always try that new ring that makes nova skills target a location. Not sure if that works with Vortex or not though.

Edit: Checked wiki, Vortex counts. It's Astral Projector Topaz Ring. Would be an interesting way to play it.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Dec 17, 2019, 10:05:29 PM
Huh... I didn't think it would work for Vortex, but hey, maybe it will be worth trying. Guess I'll give it a shot and see what comes of it!
Do you think a Carcass Jack could be a good fit for the body armour, or a rare with good stats is better?
Hey, so the only 2 things I need to run ele reflect maps are "ash, frost, and storm" passive node and "soul of yugol" pantheon?

Sorry if you already answered.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info