[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

Very nice build! Got a bit luckier with my body armor on a later attempt. I seem to have a case of alt- itis at the moment (trying to figure out what to play next league I guess) so I am going to try another build, this one may be the front runner at the moment though
Last edited by litmusdragon on Aug 19, 2019, 8:59:38 PM
Hello! I liked this idea.
Tell me, please, how did you get this Shaper unique shield?
I'm talking about the Atziri's reflection.

Secondly - How to take level 72?
Is it possible to do using these spells?

(my eng is bad, so dont matter about that plz)
"
haveyoubeen wrote:
Hello! I liked this idea.
Tell me, please, how did you get this Shaper unique shield?
I'm talking about the Atziri's reflection.

Secondly - How to take level 72?
Is it possible to do using these spells?

(my eng is bad, so dont matter about that plz)

Hey! To get the Shaped Atziri's Reflection you need to:

Get a Shaped Golden Buckler and chance+scour (or use trash to treasure prophecy) it into an Atziri's Mirror. Use perfect Fossils to get 30% quality before chancing. After that use the Queen's Sacrifice Prophecy to get the Atziri's Reflection.

And this build is league start friendly. You can use Cold Snap at 16 (I use it with another spell of choice) and Vortex at 28. Steamroll the game from there.
Ive pretty much settled on this being my league start for 3.8 pending any huge nerf's to either trickster or ES again... Will you be updating the build guide to 3.8 once all the info is known or have you had enough of the build?
"
Targwyn wrote:
Ive pretty much settled on this being my league start for 3.8 pending any huge nerf's to either trickster or ES again... Will you be updating the build guide to 3.8 once all the info is known or have you had enough of the build?

If there are any major changes I'll for sure make an update. As it stands it'll still be the same as in legion. Need to wait for patch notes.
It seems that they hit hard spellcasters, patch notes will probably confirm it.

Also they did nerf down ''Ghost Dance'' for Tricksters (saw that in Manifesto)

Only thing is that they made some changes to Occultist ES regen, idk much about builds in general, maybe it would be wise to check it if we can use that class and ascendancy again (would be awesome..because we can always re-spec and play some summoner for example ;))..

Anyway...hope that this will still be ''viable'' i mean.. combination of CS and Vortex in next patch,heh..

Eager to read your toughts about ''balancing'' in 3.8, Gryphenprey!
"
It seems that they hit hard spellcasters, patch notes will probably confirm it.

Also they did nerf down ''Ghost Dance'' for Tricksters (saw that in Manifesto)

Only thing is that they made some changes to Occultist ES regen, idk much about builds in general, maybe it would be wise to check it if we can use that class and ascendancy again (would be awesome..because we can always re-spec and play some summoner for example ;))..

Anyway...hope that this will still be ''viable'' i mean.. combination of CS and Vortex in next patch,heh..

Eager to read your toughts about ''balancing'' in 3.8, Gryphenprey!

"The Trickster's Ghost Dance passive was providing a bit too much defense for a single notable, so the chance to evade, reduced damage taken and amount of Energy Shield recovered has been lowered."

Depending on the actual numbers this probably won't be a big deal.

Spellcasters are getting a buff with new access to global +level of spell gems. This will likely be the new way to craft our weapons for multimodding. Will have to do number crunching once that's available.

The loss of mana leech from boot enchant has no effect on this build as we do not rely on leech for mana recovery, but rather the mana on kill from ascendancy and regen. Buff to mana flasks will make leveling easier.

Will have to wait for patch notes to know anything for sure but it looks like this build is going to lose a little bit of defense and be otherwise untouched. That said, our defenses have been so strong to begin with I don't think you're really notice.
To be really really honest i hoped that you will say something comfortable like this xD

I was thinking..when i watched your 3.7 video..

'' I dont care about mana changes, because this build doesnt use much mana at all except reserved one for auras and now and then it drops down quickly but also get up quickly -.- ''

I also saw that you have that blue unique flask (Lavianga?) and that u didnt use it at all, actually you used only 3 of 5 flasks xD

Only thing that bothers me if that Ascendency nerf will be big to break it or not, but for that i will check patch notes tomorrow.

It seems that we will be ''Gucci'' for upcoming league ;)
"
To be really really honest i hoped that you will say something comfortable like this xD

'' I dont care about mana changes, because this build doesnt use much mana at all except reserved one for auras and now and then it drops down quickly but also get up quickly -.- ''

I also saw that you have that blue unique flask (Lavianga?) and that u didnt use it at all, actually you used only 3 of 5 flasks xD

Only thing that bothers me if that Ascendency nerf will be big to break it or not, but for that i will check patch notes tomorrow.

I think I had that flask for a no regen map and just never swapped it out.

The Ascendancy nerf will barely be noticed I think, unless they DRASTICALLY reduce the numbers.

Everything looks gucci indeed.

Also made an update to the guide pertaining to league start (brief leveling guide) and 3.8 changes so far. Cleaned up a few typos n such as well.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"

I think I had that flask for a no regen map and just never swapped it out.

The Ascendancy nerf will barely be noticed I think, unless they DRASTICALLY reduce the numbers.

Everything looks gucci indeed.

Also made an update to the guide pertaining to league start (brief leveling guide) and 3.8 changes so far. Cleaned up a few typos n such as well.

Awesome!

From friend of mine who played and made a build for himself based on CS/V Occultist back in 3.5 i got an advice while leveling to use as many spells as possible for more damage and to switch to CI after 7k, till then to use hybrid variant..

He played it as a league starter (from day 1 with 0 currency) and had some issues while leveling..because he switched to CI too early..he didnt pick a lot of life nodes,heh..

If you think that those information are good to incorporate it in your build information, use them ;)

And one more thing:

If you can recommend ''maybe'' what to prioritise (stats wise) while leveling regarding gear = that would be very very useful :)))

((They changed something about +1 to gems or something recipe for wands i think))

And when you see patch notes and gems maybe add to your ''basic'' leveling guide gem priority for 3L, 4L, 5L and 6L.

Then u can say that you have a good good A to Z guide and it can help to avoid answering on same questions over and over..

EDIT:

Edited multiple times, missed some information that i recieved..
Last edited by Saint_and_Sinner on Sep 3, 2019, 3:01:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info