[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

"
Targwyn wrote:
So I wonder how the change to Damage over Time will affect this build, if at all. Hopefully PoB gets updated pretty quickly so we have time to tinker before the league start.

PoB is updated.

Maybe @Gryphenprey can inform us if it affects us somehow positive or negative..

I tried converting PoB tree from 3.7 to 3.8 and got increase in DPS for about 20k DPS if we talk about DoT DPS of Vortex with nothing else changed gear wise, but..im more of an player who use other ppl build's rather then creating builds myself,heh..
"
"
Targwyn wrote:
So I wonder how the change to Damage over Time will affect this build, if at all. Hopefully PoB gets updated pretty quickly so we have time to tinker before the league start.

PoB is updated.

Maybe @Gryphenprey can inform us if it affects us somehow positive or negative..

I tried converting PoB tree from 3.7 to 3.8 and got increase in DPS for about 20k DPS if we talk about DoT DPS of Vortex with nothing else changed gear wise, but..im more of an player who use other ppl build's rather then creating builds myself,heh..

Nothing in the patch notes changes cold dot multi. It's all Poison and Fire/Burning.

Tree changes are minor. utmost Intellect is moved to be next to Eldritch battery, otherwise I'm not seeing anything that will be majorly impactful as far as the tree is concerned.

Also I added a 3.8 POB leveling tree, some leveling uniques to look for, and other small things that should (hopefully) help people looking to league start with this.
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
"
Targwyn wrote:

PoB is updated.

Nothing in the patch notes changes cold dot multi. It's all Poison and Fire/Burning.

Tree changes are minor. utmost Intellect is moved to be next to Eldritch battery, otherwise I'm not seeing anything that will be majorly impactful as far as the tree is concerned.

Also I added a 3.8 POB leveling tree, some leveling uniques to look for, and other small things that should (hopefully) help people looking to league start with this.

Yes, saw it!

Muchas Gracias!!!
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
"
Targwyn wrote:

PoB is updated.

1. New game content - what u think that is good for us regarding oils and maybe some other items?

2. Which stats to prioritise on rare items?
For oils, in my opinion is one of the hidden ones. tranquility (azure/gold/gold).. it gives ES and tranquility of souls, which gives spell damage as percentage of ES increases.

Otherwise, pick a notable that you want that you don't path near.
Last edited by toxic678 on Sep 8, 2019, 12:55:08 AM
"
toxic678 wrote:
Fro oils, so far the best over in my opinion is over if thr hidden ones. Can't remember the name.. but it gives es and tranquility of souls, which gives spell damage as percentage of es increases.

Otherwise, pick a notable that you want, but doubt path near.

That one is good, I like Charisma to make mana reservation for Aspect of the Spider easier. Soul of Steel is great defensively.

Otherwise, anything you want that is beneficial. Charisma would be my pick.
Btw.. I know w are tight on manna reservation.. been playing with skitterbots, supported by bonechill..

Guaranteed shock, chill and bone chill on everything for 42% reservation unmodified.

Not sure I'll keep it, but thr range seems good and things die really quick.

They aren't in POB yet, but seems to be about 25-30% more dps based on time to phase kitana. (If anyone has a better stationary boss to test with please suggest. )
Last edited by toxic678 on Sep 8, 2019, 12:55:37 AM
Thx for the tips mucachos!

BTW, Gryp, Pantheon Gods = upgrade or not?

If so, can u add that to guide?

Thx!
This is my starter for 3.8, just hit lvl 28 and want to start using vortex with cold snap.

I only have a couple of 3 link items so far and have been using added cold and arcane surge for cold snap, with faster casting and added lightning on stormbrand.

What should I link for cold snap & vortex during the leveling process?

It has been a really fast and fun build so far!
"
Runvast wrote:
This is my starter for 3.8, just hit lvl 28 and want to start using vortex with cold snap.

I only have a couple of 3 link items so far and have been using added cold and arcane surge for cold snap, with faster casting and added lightning on stormbrand.

What should I link for cold snap & vortex during the leveling process?

It has been a really fast and fun build so far!

Vortex/Cold Snap - Controlled Destruction - Ele Focus will work just fine.

Add in Efficacy and Hypothermia as they become available

When you get access to Bonechill and a 4L for Cold Snap switch to CS - Efficacy - Hypothermia - Bonechill

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info