CWC Divine Ire Wave of Conviction Inquisitor (Goodbye Diamond Flask, I won't miss you.)

I will gradually update as the league starts, but for now tentative leveling progression is here and a detailed explanation is in the pastebin. It does not currently have the new skills, but has many additions simulating them partially. I am busy with running a service thread for free crafting service and I am also trying to be the first to have every craft unlocked, so there is no telling when this will be updated.

POB:
https://pastebin.com/3GvHkAhq
Again the NOTES section has many explanations and some cheesy mathemagics. They will require a reasonably vast knowledge of POE to interpret them.

Sorry.
https://vimeo.com/150477636

A rough description of the plan is: Kill Hillock - get purifying flame, kill Fidelitas - get wave of conviction, kill Shaper - get an iL80+ Shaper CWC staff and then you win. (Or use poe.trade for that last bit, whatever comes first.)

DISCLAIMER: I do not know when and where you get the energy leech and infused channeling supports, but those are good to pick up and start leveling when you see them. Try to start leveling them by the time you get to Lilly Roth in Act 6.

Leveling progression: (Tentative)

Spoiler
Acquire 2 iron rings, 2 red gems, 2 alts, 2 transmutes, 2 compatible 3-linked one-handed weapons create two +1 fire gem items.

Glacial Hammer -> Purifying Flame -> Flame Totem

Candidate A1 Supports:
Onslaught from first character (Scion) which also gets 1 Quicksilver and then is deleted.
Arcane Surge (Unleveled and moved to Flamedash)
Added Fire x2
Combustion
Infused Channeling (Mandatory & OP, but not used until A3 Divine Ire.)
Blind (More useful later on Flame Totem, don't use now)
Summon Phantasm (Low Key nuts with Firestorm, probably will not use this time though)

A1 Actives:
Purifying Flame
Flame Totem
Clarity
Flame Dash

------

A2 Supports:
Purifying Flame -> Wave of Conviction
Physical To Lightning
Faster Casting (Flamedash)
Concentrated Effect (At least save for later)
Controlled Destruction (Beware zero critical chance if allocating EO early, save for later)
Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance (Use later)
Faster Projectiles (Use later/never)

A2 Actives:
Wave of Conviction
Herald of Ice (Very good with Wave's damage effectiveness)
Herald of Thunder (" ")
Blood Rage (Save for later)

Get rid of:
Whatever Support is worst, shove saved gems for later to second weapon set.

------

Act 3 Supports:
Increased Duration x3 (Flamedash; Save For later x2)

Act 3 Actives:
Divine Ire
Hatred

------

Act 4 Supports:

Multiple Totems Support
Cast When Damage Taken
Greater Multiple Projectiles

Act 4 Actives:
Immortal Call

After Act 4, everything else shouldn't matter very much.

Getting the Staff:

Spoiler
Eclipse Base you want 100% crit. Alt for CWC prefix + 1 suffix. If the suffix is really bad or average, I recommend regaling. If the suffix is excellent, consider Bestiary imprints. If CWC is by itself, augment it. Its rare, but not that rare. ~500 alts?

Fossils are potentially useful too but probably not a good idea early on in the league.

Ascendancy:

Spoiler
1. Sanctuary
2. Righteous Providence
3. Inevitable Judgment
4. Pious Path

A rough estimate in which passives you should allocate first:

Spoiler

Take Critical Strike Chance/Multiplier nodes, unallocate EO.

Pantheon:
Spoiler
Major: Brine King, Maybe Arakaali if stuns aren't a problem.
Minor: Ryslatha.

Itemization:
Spoiler

Weapons:
Spoiler
While leveling prioritize a weapon with elemental/spell damage, cast speed, and flat added damage to spells. At endgame craft a staff via the alteration + regal method described above.

Armor:
Spoiler

All Equipment can be any base, provided that you can equip it and that you have at least some energy shield on one piece of gear.
Helmet:

Heavy theory crafting and consideration was given to The Devouring Diadem and devolved rapidly into Fevered Mind abuse, but the TL;DR: Consecrated Ground's ES regeneration ruins Diadem as an option. Fortunately, this change had a rather clever solution which this build utilizes.

Body Armor:
Inpulsas is good clear and safety, the new body armor might be more damage, but I value clear more because this build has plenty of damage already. Carcass Jack is a feasible but less optimal alternative, as is a defensive rare.

Gloves:
Shaper mods are not strictly required, but offer additional utility. The conversion on them is a crafted mod.

Boots:
New Onslaught Base on generic boots with a defensive enchant. Kaom's Roots are bad because they remove blind's avoidance.

Accessories:
Spoiler
Craft mana cost reduction on them all. Just about anything to cap your resist and equip your gear is okay. Worth noting: CDR is usually good for CWC builds, but since only one Wave of Conviction can be active at once, its not really as good here.

Flasks:
Spoiler
The Stibnute and Ruby are the most flexible flasks and can be exchanged with almost anything, provided that they are low usage flasks so pesky ailments can be dispelled.

Inquisitor is immune to all elemental ailments on consecrated ground so before you have Bottled Faith, use a magic Sulphur flask.

Blood of the Karui is the best life flask.

Quicksilver of Adrenaline is a staple in nearly any build.

Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Mar 7, 2019, 11:06:22 PM
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2019, 12:58:13 AM
<3
for professionals only
👌
This will not work.
Wave of Conviction can only have one wave active at once, and it will take a second or two to get it to max size, seen in the videos. Meanwhile, CWC will trigger the spell every 0.35 sec.
This will result in you charging up you divine ire while spamming small short ranged waves.

Please correct me if I am wrong because I would love to play this if it were possible.
"
Quazaka wrote:
This will not work.
Wave of Conviction can only have one wave active at once, and it will take a second or two to get it to max size, seen in the videos. Meanwhile, CWC will trigger the spell every 0.35 sec.
This will result in you charging up you divine ire while spamming small short ranged waves.

Please correct me if I am wrong because I would love to play this if it were possible.

When you clear, you don't need to hold down for Divine Ire, so wave will clear anyway. It only cancels when you recast and there is a 350ms delay between casts with CWC. According to Rory the wave travels for a duration of 500ms, so it travels about 70% of the distance - even if you hold the button down. Damage estimates using similar skills imply that one cast should be very proficient at clearing packs and probably rares as well.

Edit: Special note the D in that gem tag (from the video where you are recalling longer travel times) stands for https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Increased_Duration_Support which should extend that duration.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Mar 7, 2019, 6:24:40 PM
Should also point out that the wave does not cancel instantly, per the description it ends after a short delay. We don't know what that delay is.

I basically have built a similar build but using all 3 new holy spells so CWC will alternate between putting down more conc areas and giving the wave maximum distance / power. while using Ire as my sledgehammer.
I was almost 100% sold on Divine Ire Trickster... But Inquisitor seems really tempting. Do you think EB + MoM is worth it or overkill?

Also good thinking about Wave of Conviction... I originally thought it wouldn't work at all, but as you pointed out it really makes sense. Not sure how much a CWC + Power Charge Staff will cost at start of the league, though.
"
murilomuka wrote:
I was almost 100% sold on Divine Ire Trickster... But Inquisitor seems really tempting. Do you think EB + MoM is worth it or overkill?

Also good thinking about Wave of Conviction... I originally thought it wouldn't work at all, but as you pointed out it really makes sense. Not sure how much a CWC + Power Charge Staff will cost at start of the league, though.

Usually I think MOM is good on its own if you've invested a lot into having a good mana pool at the appropriate mana ratio (see wiki), it will be very easy to sustain most skills. For a skill like Divine Ire, it should be even more trivial if you opt for the -mana cost jewelry. You can even get the temple mod + benchcraft mod for even deeper investment.

I opted for damage at every opportunity because Inquisitor almost always struggles to be durable. By opting for 100% crit chance and lots of damage, I plan to force myself through most content. (Barring high delves)

Lastly regarding Wave, I can't promise it'll work like I say, but I'm confident in my assessment enough to not lose sleep over it. In the worst case scenario, there will be a close permutation of this build which will be fine regardless.
in the spoiler image 2 of which passives to take 1st u have elemental overload and in POB it is not selected which is right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info