[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

"
BRUXAOSK8 wrote:
what unique items do you advise?

Loreweave could be neat.
"
Doodarazumas wrote:
preface: I never used divine ire previously, so I don't know if it was always like this.

Does the new animation cancelling make this really clunky? If I hold move and then start channeling, as soon as I stop channeling I just move without firing. I have to do a really shitty feeling stutter step style to play.

On the other hand, if I'm channeling and use a movement skill while channelling I just fire divine ire without actually moving afterward.

Am I missing something?

I have the same problem as you, I really can not believe it. If I had known this I would not play this build. I find it totally unplayable.

You should explain this problem in the guide because it is a big disappointment.
"
smelcami wrote:
I have the same problem as you, I really can not believe it. If I had known this I would not play this build. I find it totally unplayable.

You should explain this problem in the guide because it is a big disappointment.

1) It's in the 3.7 update section.

2) It's a bug that GGG has confirmed they're looking at. It'll likely get hotfixed soon.

GGG response
Last edited by Lilyliciously on Jun 10, 2019, 4:09:15 AM
i recommend considering the new flesh and stone gem.
it will increase your mana reserved by 25% but the power it gives defensively (use sand stance ofc) far outweighs the mana protection from MOM imo.

Last edited by dipsi on Jun 10, 2019, 10:26:51 AM
Thank you for the build guide! Very well done. I'm playing soft core in legion. Do you have any recommendations for gear outside of SSF? Something to work towards that is end game viable? I want to kill uber elder / shaper this season.
Anyone having issues with Holy Flame Totem not dropping consistently?

Sometimes it takes me 2, 3, sometimes 4 tries before it registers.
Last edited by Ragefast on Jun 16, 2019, 2:30:29 AM
Overall solid build, been running a divine ire build based off it.

Not sure if OP is interested in updating the build or is even playing it anymore but there are few passive tree optimisations I came across that might be of interest:

* Taking the 'Will of Blades' and 'Fangs of the Viper' nodes give significantly more DPS than the 'Throatseeker' cluster (as well as dexterity + movement speed).

* Arcane Guarding cluster is very weak damage wise, and gives minimal ES - 10% spell block is far too unreliable to be worthwhile IMO. If you drop this cluster + the Mental Rapidity cluster (another very average cluster) and instead path between MOM and Retribution, you save 3 points pathing wise. If you really want the cast speed back, consider taking the 'Precision' passive in templar start (also gives +20 dex and movement speed).

* Jewel sockets not skilled - Unless you're running SSF, you'll want to prioritise jewel sockets over just about everything else - dps wise they beat pretty much everything else; get a jewel with two multipliers + 1-2 other useful stats (can be flat dps, %es, %hp, %mana, cast speed etc.). I've got 4 socketed atm that I bought for between 1-5 chaos in legion league currently.

* 'Force Shaper' passive cluster is just bad dps wise (I see it listed in the '100 passive' tree) - dps per point is terrible, don't bother.

If people are interested, will post more as (if & when) I come across them.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
"
Zeekin wrote:
Overall solid build, been running a divine ire build based off it.

Not sure if OP is interested in updating the build or is even playing it anymore but there are few passive tree optimisations I came across that might be of interest:

* Taking the 'Will of Blades' and 'Fangs of the Viper' nodes give significantly more DPS than the 'Throatseeker' cluster (as well as dexterity + movement speed).

* Arcane Guarding cluster is very weak damage wise, and gives minimal ES - 10% spell block is far too unreliable to be worthwhile IMO. If you drop this cluster + the Mental Rapidity cluster (another very average cluster) and instead path between MOM and Retribution, you save 3 points pathing wise. If you really want the cast speed back, consider taking the 'Precision' passive in templar start (also gives +20 dex and movement speed).

* Jewel sockets not skilled - Unless you're running SSF, you'll want to prioritise jewel sockets over just about everything else - dps wise they beat pretty much everything else; get a jewel with two multipliers + 1-2 other useful stats (can be flat dps, %es, %hp, %mana, cast speed etc.). I've got 4 socketed atm that I bought for between 1-5 chaos in legion league currently.

* 'Force Shaper' passive cluster is just bad dps wise (I see it listed in the '100 passive' tree) - dps per point is terrible, don't bother.

If people are interested, will post more as (if & when) I come across them.

Yes please. Also did you Change gem Setups?
"
dipsi wrote:

Yes please. Also did you Change gem Setups?

I'm still experimenting with what works best - but to answer your question, yes - I'm only using one call of the brotherhood currently; I do enjoy the ability to chill/shatter enemies as a kind of defence, but don't see any need to have two.

As such I have been using controlled destruction instead of hypothermia - hypothermia while it has the potential to be better since it gets around the downside of the -100% crit chance on controlled destruction, however in order for it to deal its 39% more damage, the enemy is required to *already* be chilled, and against sketchy bosses (where damage probably matters the most) that's likely to not be case more often than not.

According to PoB I still have 75% crit chance with diamond flask up so I've been making do with that.

Only level 80 currently and still ultimately deciding the best way to gear/build out the character.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
What do you think about 1 call of the brotherhood and 1 essence worm with hatred socketed? And how do you feel about using carcass jack with this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info