[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

"
Zeekin wrote:
"
dipsi wrote:

Yes please. Also did you Change gem Setups?

I'm still experimenting with what works best - but to answer your question, yes - I'm only using one call of the brotherhood currently; I do enjoy the ability to chill/shatter enemies as a kind of defence, but don't see any need to have two.

As such I have been using controlled destruction instead of hypothermia - hypothermia while it has the potential to be better since it gets around the downside of the -100% crit chance on controlled destruction, however in order for it to deal its 39% more damage, the enemy is required to *already* be chilled, and against sketchy bosses (where damage probably matters the most) that's likely to not be case more often than not.

According to PoB I still have 75% crit chance with diamond flask up so I've been making do with that.

Only level 80 currently and still ultimately deciding the best way to gear/build out the character.

all sounds reasonable! i will adjust the tree.
regarding gems id rather swap hypothermia with faster casting instead of dps gem.
if you have more crit and more cast speed you should deal more damage overall and get a lot more fully charged beams off, especially vs hard content like legion

Also what i did (i play hardcore though) is using enduring cry and shield charge with fortify instead of flame dash. works out fine. still running immortal call atm.

second ring could be essence worm.

will get back to you. keep me updated^^
Last edited by dipsi on Jun 11, 2019, 2:56:50 PM
3.7.1 fixed the animation issues.
Hey Lily! Just wanted to get a quick question in. Your title says that this build is SSF Viable, but in the text it says this build is for SSF. If i'm not SSF how would you go about changing up the build?
"
Hey Lily! Just wanted to get a quick question in. Your title says that this build is SSF Viable, but in the text it says this build is for SSF. If i'm not SSF how would you go about changing up the build?

Wouldn't change much. Just trade for the items. Loreweave can be good if you're too lazy to get a good rare chest.
Thank you so much for your insightful guide. I love guides that don't require specific super-rare uniques (that I usually don't have). Who would have thought that, one day, I would enjoy to play a templar :D

I have two questions - which itemlevel is required to craft a shield that you mention in the gear section? I can't find the Shaper-modifier in the list.

The Elder-amulett requires itemlevel 81, if I understood that right? Does that mean, that the monster, that drops the item, does at least have to be, level 81?
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
I have two questions - which itemlevel is required to craft a shield that you mention in the gear section? I can't find the Shaper-modifier in the list.

Path of Building allows you to select the mod, but no other lists seem to have it. Might not actually exist. That's weird.

"
The Elder-amulett requires itemlevel 81, if I understood that right? Does that mean, that the monster, that drops the item, does at least have to be, level 81?

Yes.
I have 4.8k raw HP and stuns are becoming a bit of an issue. Any tips or should I just use Brine King?
"
IllusiveGuy wrote:
I have 4.8k raw HP and stuns are becoming a bit of an issue. Any tips or should I just use Brine King?

Brine king works!
Have you thought about adding in Precision Aura for extra crit? it only reserves a small amount of flat mana
Last edited by Kronox001 on Jun 17, 2019, 7:57:51 AM
"
Life: The more you have, the less you die. Shocking, I know.

This is only true in some instances. In most instances it's not true at all since mobs do damage as % of your life. So if a mob or boss or w/e does 50% of your life as damage, it doesn't matter if you have 1000 or one million. For instance, Kitava. All his attack/spell damage is based on % of your life. Another example would be traps. Also % life based damage.

It's a bad mechanic really, and to hide it, GGG forces you to think "more = better" by inserting life regen nodes based on % of your total life. This can be a good thing in some builds. (I would argue that having stone golem and 350 life/s regen with 1500life is much tankier than having 6000 life and 500 life/s regen and lightning golem)

There is a minimum life that you should have at some point. Maxed res and some other damage mitigation properties/abilities (reflexes are one of them).
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info