[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

Doing roughly this build in SSF for flashback and have been fairly lucky on drops for gearing so far.

I recently found Esh's Mirror and was wondering if that actually has any merit compared to a rare shield with % lightning as extra chaos? As it stands my shock % chance is 5 so that seems low but I'm not super familiar with how things work in this regard. I know that Esh's Mirror seems to be a god-send for Winter Orb ssf so just thought I'd check of if I should just chuck it in the stash for a new char later.
"
Doing roughly this build in SSF for flashback and have been fairly lucky on drops for gearing so far.

I recently found Esh's Mirror and was wondering if that actually has any merit compared to a rare shield with % lightning as extra chaos? As it stands my shock % chance is 5 so that seems low but I'm not super familiar with how things work in this regard. I know that Esh's Mirror seems to be a god-send for Winter Orb ssf so just thought I'd check of if I should just chuck it in the stash for a new char later.

i would go with a rare shield, I assume the mirror is being used my low life winter orb builds because it has "Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield while not on Low Life or Low Mana" on the upgraded version, which is super powerful for low life builds
I am considering dropping MoM... with the amounts of ES and such on my gear I will actually gain over 800 effective life and let me use another 2 auras(spider and Hatred(with enlighten support) or discipline)

what do you think?

also see any other potential changes in the trees(I know I can drop the 4% life/4% chaos res for 5% life if I want more life... a small amount of it) or dropping quick recovery for the 5% nodes... but again that amounts to 1% more

https://pastebin.com/Mj0dP6nW
or
more ES focused version
https://pastebin.com/MfWy8HsC

or most likely... more focused on jewel sockets and ES(hatred crit watchers eye/aura active for dmg in this one)
https://pastebin.com/rpB5esjd

with lucidity as my target for if I can lvl up even more

EDIT: apparently had discipline enabled by accident... so no effective life gain/loss really by dropping MOM, large damage boost

second EDIT: I did it, huge damage boost, same survivability... mana is slightly an issue now though, Sovereignity node path was very needed for the overall 14% reduced mana reserve on top of lvl 4 enlighten to run hatred + herald + spider, will likey grab another jewel socket and 2 more life 2 nodes on way to 100, might even drop a life/chaos res node for even another jewel socket once I am 100(which will... be far down the line so unlikely)
https://pastebin.com/HLKxDVXc should include my current jewels... and I know that eye jewel in there isn't that good
Last edited by dorkdude2 on May 30, 2019, 9:51:49 PM
So I'm thinking of double exalting / Leo bench crafting my current weapon.

I understand this isn't traditionally good enough to warrant wasting exalts but since this is SSF, figured it may be worth it?

My question would be what would be good to block before slamming? I would ultimately craft onto it spell damage/non chaos as extra chaos I think?

I am presently using one Mark of the Brotherhood but have 2 (lucky for ssf i guess) if I'm able to get some res/life in some of the rest of my gear to compensate if that makes a difference for what I'd want to target.

Alternatively maybe just multi mod for the secured 1 additional mod along with spell damage/non chaos as extra chaos?

Edit: its ilvl 82 I believe so that probably blocks quite a few T1s

Edit 2: was lucky enough to find an Inspired learning. No idea if it will fit in or is even good for this build tho. I am doing the non-EB MoM more or less exactly from original post
Last edited by OverSizedPillow on May 20, 2019, 5:22:56 PM
This is one of a handful of builds I leveled to 65 in Synthesis Flashback in hopes of winning a portal. I chose this one because I hadn't played DI before and because the guide is well written and easy to follow. I'm not generally a fan of channeled skills, but this is one of the better ones. Leveling was pretty smooth, and boy is it strong when you get it ramped up! I'll be revisiting this build in a longer league when I have more time to take it higher.

Question: I don't understand the use of Blood Rage. BR works on attacks and DI is a spell. I tried it and didn't see the upside for taking the hit on my health, so I ended up ignoring it. What am I missing?

Thanks for the build. Hope to run more of your builds in the future.
Last edited by Freeven on May 30, 2019, 12:28:56 PM
"
Freeven wrote:
This is one of a handful of builds I leveled to 65 in Synthesis Flashback in hopes of winning a portal. I chose this one because I hadn't played DI before and because the guide is well written and easy to follow. I'm not generally a fan of channeled skills, but this is one of the better ones. Leveling was pretty smooth, and boy is it strong when you get it ramped up! I'll be revisiting this build in a longer league when I have more time to take it higher.

Question: I don't understand the use of Blood Rage. BR works on attacks and DI is a spell. I tried it and didn't see the upside for taking the hit on my health, so I ended up ignoring it. What am I missing?

Thanks for the build. Hope to run more of your builds in the future.

its primarily to generate frenzy charges(there are other reasons to... but its all meh to me), I personally dislike it on casters which is why I have minimum frenzy charges on my rings/amulet
Solid Work!
Last edited by NChampion on Jun 9, 2019, 12:53:04 AM
Does this still work in 3.7? Is there any changes in the Tree that affects this build? Planning to use this as my starter.
Last edited by chidoriseanbon on Jun 6, 2019, 8:46:34 AM
No Energy Shield Leech gem?
Ide like to hear your thoughts on storm fire? seems like a no brainer to add huge ignites? and only lose 1 call of brotherhood

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info