[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

Thanks for the previous reply, that makes sense. I ponied up for 5L chest so now I'm running improved crit. I also switched back to Elemental Overload until I get the 4th ascendency done (5 of 6 trials).

I had one more question. I recently found a wand that was a measurable improvement over the sceptre I had been using. I'm wondering why your CWDT-MS-TS isn't 1-10-7?
"
Rhythmist wrote:
Thanks for the previous reply, that makes sense. I ponied up for 5L chest so now I'm running improved crit. I also switched back to Elemental Overload until I get the 4th ascendency done (5 of 6 trials).

I had one more question. I recently found a wand that was a measurable improvement over the sceptre I had been using. I'm wondering why your CWDT-MS-TS isn't 1-10-7?

I'm 97% sure that it's simply because I accidentally overleveled the CWDT. Honestly, for triggering stuff like that, it isn't super important to keep it at 1. The higher the level the less often it triggers but the more powerful the triggered things are. In this case, I just simply didn't feel the need to replace overleveled gems.
just a thought. im running an orb of storms setup with, ofc, orb of storms + onslaught + power charge on critical + life leech.

that does roughly 20k tt and it gives you the onslaught buff, power charges plus life leech.
"
derzornige wrote:
just a thought. im running an orb of storms setup with, ofc, orb of storms + onslaught + power charge on critical + life leech.

that does roughly 20k tt and it gives you the onslaught buff, power charges plus life leech.

The onslaught is nice. The life leech is a bit meh due to the low damage of orb of storms, and we don't really need the power charges. In my experience, it's more efficient to just keep going and not drop stuff like orb of storms.
well, my orb of storms is six linked an does about 70k, which means about 2.5k leech (lvl 20 LL), which brings me back to full live in no time and my orb of storms alone clears t 15 trash easily.

All in all, it is a pretty fast playstyle, drop orb, .5 sek divine ire laser and all is gone and u are on full live and have onslaught and Power Charges.

It might not work as nice on ssf, but u might find it fun still.

dropping the orb is super fast btw, u dont even stop moving.
"
derzornige wrote:
well, my orb of storms is six linked an does about 70k, which means about 2.5k leech (lvl 20 LL), which brings me back to full live in no time and my orb of storms alone clears t 15 trash easily.

All in all, it is a pretty fast playstyle, drop orb, .5 sek divine ire laser and all is gone and u are on full live and have onslaught and Power Charges.

I still think holy flame totem would overall be better, even with a staff. We get lifeleech from divine ire anyway.
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
"
derzornige wrote:

I still think holy flame totem would overall be better, even with a staff. We get lifeleech from divine ire anyway.

Quick and dumb question. But where does the lifeleech from divine ire come from? Atziri's promise?
"
WRECKCREATOR wrote:
Quick and dumb question. But where does the lifeleech from divine ire come from? Atziri's promise?

That and the boot enchant.
I'm still not sure why we need two call of the brotherhood rings. what does the second ring add?

Also, as I understand it, we need both the hypothermia support gem and the call of the brotherhood ring to freeze enemies. Is this correct?
"
Silverserpent wrote:
I'm still not sure why we need two call of the brotherhood rings. what does the second ring add?

Also, as I understand it, we need both the hypothermia support gem and the call of the brotherhood ring to freeze enemies. Is this correct?

We want to convert to cold damage both because of the extra damage we get from sources like "Elemental damage as extra chaos" and "Non-chaos as extra chaos", and to increase the proportion of our damage that is cold. The more cold damage we do, the more we freeze high level enemies.

Hypothermia is not necessary to freeze enemies. It simply helps a bit. It is primarily in the link because it gives 39% more damage to chilled enemies, which is just about every enemy in the game (after they get hit by at least one tick of the AoE around us while channeling, or any beam). The bulk of our freezing comes from just the cold conversion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info