[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

What are the mechanics with shock, freeze and call of the brotherhood? The cotb wiki page says you still need to do lightning damage to shock, and since we're converting 80% of our damage to cold, is the 20% remaining enough to shock endgame bosses? Or does it not rely on the amount of lightning damage, since it says 100% chance to shock?
Last edited by Silverpion on Mar 29, 2019, 9:45:33 PM
Ok - so I have a terrible confession. I really don't like the way Divine Ire plays.

Which is terrible, because I was loving the leveling and playing with Wave of Conviction.

Any chance this build could be adapted to use WoC? Or is the skill just not really late game viable? (Or would there be another skill in the same vein as WoC that might work?)

The Charge/Gun nature of the playstyle just wasn't clicking with me.
"
Silverpion wrote:
What are the mechanics with shock, freeze and call of the brotherhood? The cotb wiki page says you still need to do lightning damage to shock, and since we're converting 80% of our damage to cold, is the 20% remaining enough to shock endgame bosses? Or does it not rely on the amount of lightning damage, since it says 100% chance to shock?

Assuming that we have no other shock weirdness going on except Call of the Brotherhood: No. That's why my PoB and damage estimates do not include shock. With Call of the Brotherhood we're focusing more on chill and freeze. This does mean that we're losing out on some potential damage from the shock, but we do so much damage anyway that it doesn't matter too much.
"
Arkaon wrote:
Ok - so I have a terrible confession. I really don't like the way Divine Ire plays.

Which is terrible, because I was loving the leveling and playing with Wave of Conviction.

Any chance this build could be adapted to use WoC? Or is the skill just not really late game viable? (Or would there be another skill in the same vein as WoC that might work?)

The Charge/Gun nature of the playstyle just wasn't clicking with me.

I wouldn't call that a terrible confession! Not everyone will like every skill. I'm not sure if the build can be easily converted to WoC, since I haven't investigated the skill too much. Both skills using conversion seems to me like it should be viable. Being a fire + lightning skill, you can get 50% fire 50% lightning conversion just by using passives, allowing you to swap out Phys to Lightning support. (Divine Wrath/Fury, small point leading up to Storm Weaver/Explosive Impact)

I suggest browsing around to see if you can find another build geared towards WoC though.
Someone try Shaper or Uber Elder with this build with medium gear? Its viable?
BzyxXx

SURSUM CORDA 4 LIFE
What's ur opinion on two 6L with staff and chest so we can use crit staff tree and much more powerfull holy flame totem links? I use staff rn if i convert to wand i upgrade or downgrade still thinking.
"
BzyxXx wrote:

Pretty sure viable. I will try like in 1 week.
With so much crit multi on the tree is not better to drop elemental overlord as this caps us out at 100%? either that or drop some crit multi nodes like throatseeker for example.

Nvm I saw you remove it later on.
Last edited by derptruckz on Mar 30, 2019, 1:27:11 PM
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
"
Silverpion wrote:

Assuming that we have no other shock weirdness going on except Call of the Brotherhood: No. That's why my PoB and damage estimates do not include shock. With Call of the Brotherhood we're focusing more on chill and freeze. This does mean that we're losing out on some potential damage from the shock, but we do so much damage anyway that it doesn't matter too much.

I was wondering if there might be a way to have both if we kept only one cotb but pob gives more damage with two so probably not. Currently freezing tier 12 bosses so that's pretty cool.
"
rhonie33 wrote:
"
BzyxXx wrote:

Pretty sure viable. I will try like in 1 week.

Most builds are viable for shaper and uber elder if you understand the mechanics. if I change up some gear I can get around 900k DPS but only at the exchange of some tankiness. This isn't a boss killer, it's an amazing build for mapping. I plan on making a new Molten strike build or something for bossing and uberlab specifically. The reason you don't really want to boss with this is because you need to stand still to activate your divine ire, as well as being very near them to charge is faster and gain dmg from the tendrils. At that point if you mess up it's a 1 shot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info