[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

Yeah, looks like the PoL pastebin is down, just downloaded the latest build, works fine for other builds, that link is being wonky :/
"
I'm having a hard time seeing how are we going to have enough DEX for Blood Rage and enough STR to equip the shaper mace. Unless we heavily invest into the +30 DEX and STR nodes on the tree but that would prevent us from having enough points to go into Force Shaper.

We need strength on a single piece of gear to manage the shaper mace of average strength requirement. Adjust your passives as required to match the base you get.

Blood Rage can be at level 1 for all we care. We get it for the ES drain and the frenzy charges, neither of which benefit from level.
"
bigdirtyrob wrote:
Yeah, looks like the PoL pastebin is down, just downloaded the latest build, works fine for other builds, that link is being wonky :/

Re-exported to a new pastebin and updated it. No idea what caused it to break. Tested it locally, works fine now.
I've been loving this build. I only started playing this game in Betrayal, with some friends that play HC. This is the first character I've taken this far into the game(Act 7), and not died. And is actually the farthest I've ever progressed into this game as well.
So I've been playing this build and I'm loving it so far.

But I'm not sure when I'm supposed to take MoM, and even more so because I'm supposed to take EB after MoM wich makes it even more confusing. Either I'm doing something wrong or there's no way I'm supposed to not run out of mana, even with EB actually. Help I'm lost, I'm really not use to having energy shield.

Also, shouldn't we take Energy leech support instead of conc effect ? because it still gives us a large chunck of dmg, while making us leech ES wich isn't too bad, and doesn't harm our AOE, wich I guess ,makes the build safer because we don't have to stand right next to the ennemies in order to have beam stacks, especially since we aren't taking any AOE nodes on tree.

Other question, I play this build on softcore, wich means less defense needed, but I also don't want to die every 2 sec. So I tought maybe take only one Call of the Brotherhood ring in order to still have some defence, so I can take a big damage ring next to it. Does that sounds ok or is it complete trolling ? What would u do if u played softcore ?

All those questions because I think I'll go kill shaper for the first time with this build. it feels that great. it has everything I like about mages, with tankyness and feeling of some melee builds.
energy leech is good, but if you get hit you lose the extra damage i believe. With EB you drain your shield, so you wouldn't be gaining much if any damage....

I noticed that even with EB i lose mana as well, the only other fix is to increase your mana pool. From what I know about MoM builds, you want about 3-5k life, and 2k mana, dunno about ES or how much is suggested. Could use ash, or other aura in the worms ring (gives the free aura, but sets auras to 45% mana res) and 1 other aura and see how it goes (or only 1 "free" aura), unless you want all the suggested auras up. I'd take MoM around level 60-76 honestly. That way your mana base somewhat decent, and shouldn't be melted through too fast from damage. It's what I did but I do need to finish leveling through it.

When it comes to builds, you can adjust them slightly you how you want to play. For example, im going to try it out using a staff, rather than shield, so im taking a slightly different route, and im hoping to have a high enough crit chance, that i don't need to use the crit gem and use area effect instead, or don't use Conc effect, less damage, but better mob clear, and could simply switch back and forth for bosses (which i've done before with a Molten strike build with ancestral call and increased elemental damage). I need to readjust some of my stats, like take damage over ES/Armor at start route. I could even get rid of the section by EB and make it go over further right like his, or touch up some parts I missed. https://pastebin.com/pzVCM9t1

I don't have impulsas nor 2 brotherhoods yet (accidentally didnt switch it back to my normal gear), im using stock rare armor since i just got into maps. Im at 48k dps not 50 at 20 stacks atm, with 3.5x multiplier
Last edited by Borus on Mar 18, 2019, 12:32:04 AM
"
Shilags wrote:
So I've been playing this build and I'm loving it so far.

But I'm not sure when I'm supposed to take MoM, and even more so because I'm supposed to take EB after MoM wich makes it even more confusing. Either I'm doing something wrong or there's no way I'm supposed to not run out of mana, even with EB actually. Help I'm lost, I'm really not use to having energy shield.

Also, shouldn't we take Energy leech support instead of conc effect ? because it still gives us a large chunck of dmg, while making us leech ES wich isn't too bad, and doesn't harm our AOE, wich I guess ,makes the build safer because we don't have to stand right next to the ennemies in order to have beam stacks, especially since we aren't taking any AOE nodes on tree.

Other question, I play this build on softcore, wich means less defense needed, but I also don't want to die every 2 sec. So I tought maybe take only one Call of the Brotherhood ring in order to still have some defence, so I can take a big damage ring next to it. Does that sounds ok or is it complete trolling ? What would u do if u played softcore ?

All those questions because I think I'll go kill shaper for the first time with this build. it feels that great. it has everything I like about mages, with tankyness and feeling of some melee builds.

It is possible to take MoM before EB. The rule with MoM is to only get it when you are close to the correct ratio of life and mana, or in the case of EB life and ES. In my experience, as long as you've got a ratio of 80/20 to 60/40, you're probably goign to be fine. If you have a ratio of 90/10, any hits on you are likely going to completely murder your mana.

A weakness of Energy Shield is a large reliance on having gear with it. Most ES builds are completely hamstrung if you don't have good gear for it. I'll need to emphasize more in the guide that you want to focus on life and resists first, and then gradually transition into ES as your gear improves. Honestly, playing it as a hybrid until the switch to EB is the way to go.

Concentrated effect is a whopping 54% more multiplier to our damage. The reduced area isn't terribly noticeable in my experience. In comparison, ES leech is 39%, and even then only when we're leeching. With EB, that's almost always. Without it, using blood rage, we're also almost always leeching. That said, conc effect is still a larger benefit.

I'm actually playing the build on softcore at the moment, so that my progress doesn't reset every time I make a silly mistake, in an effort to prove the end game viability of the build. I'm still building it as if I was hardcore though. Call of the brotherhood does increase our damage significantly, while shifting more of it to cold. I'm running a single one right now, while waiting for the second one to appear, and it's working fine. In end game content you'd struggle to chill and freeze, so you might want to switch out Hypothermia with something like ES leech or Controlled Destruction.

I'm glad you like my build! I'm having a blast with it myself.
"
Borus wrote:
energy leech is good, but if you get hit you lose the extra damage i believe. With EB you drain your shield, so you wouldn't be gaining much if any damage....

I noticed that even with EB i lose mana as well, the only other fix is to increase your mana pool. From what I know about MoM builds, you want about 3-5k life, and 2k mana, dunno about ES or how much is suggested. Could use ash, or other aura in the worms ring (gives the free aura, but sets auras to 45% mana res) and 1 other aura and see how it goes (or only 1 "free" aura), unless you want all the suggested auras up. I'd take MoM around level 60-76 honestly. That way your mana base somewhat decent, and shouldn't be melted through too fast from damage. It's what I did but I do need to finish leveling through it.

When it comes to builds, you can adjust them slightly you how you want to play. For example, im going to try it out using a staff, rather than shield, so im taking a slightly different route, and im hoping to have a high enough crit chance, that i don't need to use the crit gem and use area effect instead, or don't use Conc effect, less damage, but better mob clear, and could simply switch back and forth for bosses (which i've done before with a Molten strike build with ancestral call and increased elemental damage). I need to readjust some of my stats, like take damage over ES/Armor at start route. I could even get rid of the section by EB and make it go over further right like his, or touch up some parts I missed. https://pastebin.com/pzVCM9t1

I don't have impulsas nor 2 brotherhoods yet (accidentally didnt switch it back to my normal gear), im using stock rare armor since i just got into maps. Im at 48k dps not 50 at 20 stacks atm, with 3.5x multiplier

ES leech is actually fairly decent if you have blood rage (non-EB) or EB. Blood rage constantly drains your ES, allowing you to leech it back, while with EB you're using ES as mana so casting always drains it which allows you to leech it back. It's less consistent in the EB version, due to our 200 ES regen not being fully eaten by our mana use. Replacing Ice Bite in herald of Ice with Blood Rage might help, but I'm not sure how that feels with EB.

When using EB, I recommend a full 100% mana reservation. There's no need to keep mana underneath your ES.

Your point about adjusting builds based on your preferences and needs is something I'm fully on board with. This build is relatively optimized, but that doesn't mean you can't learn from it and adjust based on your own needs. The lack of a staff version is a prime example of this. With a staff, you're going to get higher damage quicker than with 1h and shield. The damage ceiling might also be higher, though the difference isn't extreme.
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
"
Nin_tu1977 wrote:
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
Guide updated with a EB-MoM variant and a Path of Leveling pastebin.

We don't generate frenzy charges on this variant, or I'm missing something?
If not we need to uncheck it in the configuration.

Noticed that myself. With a bit of rerouting we can get ice bite with herald of ice, returning our frenzy charges.

Ice bite is really not reliable to generate frenzy charge after testing, better to stick to blood rage instead.
"
Nin_tu1977 wrote:

Ice bite is really not reliable to generate frenzy charge after testing, better to stick to blood rage instead.

Completely agree on that point. Updated the guide to reflect this option a bit ago.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info