[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

Under Leveling, the Path of Leveling pastebin is not working?
"
Under Leveling, the Path of Leveling pastebin is not working?

Is path of leveling working with another build?
After testing EB, I prefer not using it. The damage difference is tiny when factoring in Arcane Surge, Vaal RF, and other factors.
Can you update please? the pastbin of lvling tree is not up to date
"
FictiF wrote:
Can you update please? the pastbin of lvling tree is not up to date

Which pastebin specifically are you talking about? What trees? Which section of the guide are we talking about here?
hey loving this so far some random questions ..

Why not Herald of Purity - does the flat spell damage add not give us much?

Why use concentrated effect? does the added area damage affect the spell damage we put out with our blast ? Can we use elemental focus since we don't really care about shock?

Also why Blood rage if we don't care for ES leech? - does this give us frenzy charges ?

Any vaal gems you would use to supplement damage? - i like Vaal Lightning trap because it seems like a solid boost on bosses.

I really like how you explain the reason for %physical and the conversion math.

Thanks again.
Last edited by shagjw on Mar 17, 2019, 1:07:05 PM
"
shagjw wrote:
hey loving this so far some random questions ..

Why not Herald of Purity - does the flat spell damage add not give us much?

Why use concentrated effect? does the added area damage affect the spell damage we put out with our blast ? Can we use elemental focus since we don't really care about shock?

Also why Blood rage if we don't care for ES leech? - does this give us frenzy charges ?

Any vaal gems you would use to supplement damage? - i like Vaal Lightning trap because it seems like a solid boost on bosses.

I really like how you explain the reason for %physical and the conversion math.

Thanks again.

Flat added damage is 30% effective, due to the damage effectiveness of the skill. On average, that means Herald of Purity adds 9.3 damage. Meanwhile, Herald of Ash adds 15% of our physical damage, at full effectiveness. That means 26.25 damage. Herald of Purity does add base damage as physical which we then scale with all other modifiers like Herald of Ash, which means it's not quite as bad as it looks, but those scalings don't add 3x as much damage which it would need to in order to beat Herald of Ash.

Area damage affects the damage of both the beam and the little zaps, while reduced area of effect only affects the little zaps. We don't care about shock, but we do care about chill and freeze, so elemental focus is a no go.

Blood Rage is primarily to give us frenzy charges. It's very reliable, and gives us 12% MORE damage and 12% increased cast speed. It also helps us always be leeching ES, which is less important in the more recent version of the build but might make a comeback now that I'm able to properly test the hybrid version of the build.

The only vaal skill I feel is needed is vaal Righteous Fire. 28% more damage, on top of the already incredible damage of Divine Ire, means I kill bosses in T5-7 maps in 1-3 hits, none of which are fully charged.

I'm glad you liked my math!
IN LOVE WITH THIS GREAT WORK

I had a little bit of theory crafting and was able to squeeze out 2mill dps at a small QoL to bossing mechanics even though losing a smidgen of EHP. Dual Crit Daggers with % Lightning damage as added Chaos seems to be a large sum of damage along with multi % Spell Damage and a Flat added to spells. Scaled much better in PoB than I would've imagined. Whirling Blades can hard cancel the charge time allowing us to DROP the Quicksilver for an Onslaught or other Mitigation/damage flask giving huge safety when fighting bosses. Faster ability to dodge slams etc. Thoughts?>

I have been playing around with this skill in HCS. Loving it so far just progressing the atlas and slowly exploring the league. Thanks for this wonderful gem of a build!

"
revlogan123 wrote:
IN LOVE WITH THIS GREAT WORK

I had a little bit of theory crafting and was able to squeeze out 2mill dps at a small QoL to bossing mechanics even though losing a smidgen of EHP. Dual Crit Daggers with % Lightning damage as added Chaos seems to be a large sum of damage along with multi % Spell Damage and a Flat added to spells. Scaled much better in PoB than I would've imagined. Whirling Blades can hard cancel the charge time allowing us to DROP the Quicksilver for an Onslaught or other Mitigation/damage flask giving huge safety when fighting bosses. Faster ability to dodge slams etc. Thoughts?>

I have been playing around with this skill in HCS. Loving it so far just progressing the atlas and slowly exploring the league. Thanks for this wonderful gem of a build!

I'm not too surprised that you managed to get that kind of DPS when switching away from shield. I'm getting about 1.4 million in my current level 100 PoB.

Lightning as extra chaos is one of our strongest stats, behind only non-chaos as extra chaos, and elemental as extra chaos. I'm not certain that flat added to spells is the best option, but I haven't tried it myself so I can't say for certain.

The whirling blade interaction was something I haven't even considered. I'll have to test it out. If it feels strong enough, it might even convince me to switch from shield myself. The shaped mace is a tempting thing, but if daggers work well it's at least worth exploring.
I'm having a hard time seeing how are we going to have enough DEX for Blood Rage and enough STR to equip the shaper mace. Unless we heavily invest into the +30 DEX and STR nodes on the tree but that would prevent us from having enough points to go into Force Shaper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info