[3.5-3.12 + 3,18 HC] Pure Herald of Agony Jugg. All content. Videos+Link to 3.14 & 3.15 Updates

"
Kripto1183 wrote:
In the store brand version, why go two cold iron dagger instead of 1 cold iron and shield?

Dual cold iron points is great if you can also get at least a +2 minion gems helm, level 21 gem and level 3 Empower. That setup will give +10 gem level to your level 21 gem which will raise it to level 31.

Level 31 is a breakpoint level that will dramatically increase the attack speed of your agony crawler - compared to Level 30 it gives an extra 40% increased attack speed at 40 virulence stacks in addition to standard damage increases that you get with each gem level. So if you can get to that point, you can easily achieve over 1 million crawler DPS.

Dagger + shield is still definitely a valid way to go, you'd essentially be trading offence for defence.
"
Kripto1183 wrote:
In the store brand version, why go two cold iron dagger instead of 1 cold iron and shield?

I play in softcore and like the extra damage. If I were playing hardcore, I would use a shield.

You can try it out yourself. The by far best shield for this build is Saffell's Frame, which costs an alch. Just put it on and see if you miss the damage.

Because shield and dagger are so cheap you could also get both and switch them around depending on mapmods and bosses you want to fight. I certainly am going to buy a Saffell's Frame before trying Uber Elder. If I get all the fragments, before I get bored.
Hi, wanted to ask which version will be the top of it? Bow style, Dagger style? idk what to use. Thanks
They have different advantages:

Daggers will have significantly higher dps but top out at around 2k/sec LGOH. Many people will say that's plenty. And it is for most situations.

But

If you want to be able to just stand there in Shaper's beam and treat it like a warm bath; If you want to stand in front of a 2 damage mods ilvl 83 Kurgal and laugh, you want the QR version, which can get upwards of 8k/sec LGOH. Things die slower, but you live (and they die) with more certainty.

For me personally, it depends on mood. But I will say that while I have done Uber elder deathless with the QR version, I haven't yet been able to do it with the dagger version.

On this choice more than many, ymmv.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Dec 22, 2019, 2:52:54 PM
Hi I report again my hc ssf adventure with my first char this league, currently level 92, still 4L (lol), tanks like a boss.

Because my crap dps I stacked life (currently 8800), high chaos resis, etc, and can tank almost everything.

I also lack elder gloves or helmet, so decided to be just more tanky because some battles are way way long, so I am using CWDT + enfeeble and also a stone golem.

I have also found a sulphur flask is great for more regen because you are usually just tanking the metamorphs and no moving, and because I got plenty of armour already I still dont need a granite.

Because no Kaom I got some sockets to spare, so I added an efficacy for more molten sell duration, which is nuts.

So this is my crappy gear in case someone is interested:

Kudos to your build, man, it rocks, can tank almost everything. Can't imagine what he can do once I be able to upgrade the gear lol.

Question: if I find a 6L for armour, with no empower, do you recommend changing HoAG to it? I assume yes because my helmet is crap, but what for 6L if not empower?

Thanks!
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Dec 22, 2019, 3:31:53 PM
"
Orion72 wrote:
They have different advantages:

Daggers will have significantly higher dps but top out at around 2k/sec LGOH. Many people will say that's plenty. And it is for most situations.

But

If you want to be able to just stand there in Shaper's beam and treat it like a warm bath; If you want to stand in front of a 2 damage mods ilvl 83 Kurgal and laugh, you want the QR version, which can get upwards of 8k/sec LGOH. Things die slower, but you live (and they die) with more certainty.

For me personally, it depends on mood. But I will say that while I have done Uber elder deathless with the QR version, I haven't yet been able to do it with the dagger version.

On this choice more than many, ymmv.

-O

I wanna play it more actively so I think QR is just for me, thanks
guys, im brand dagger version, may i ask how to maintain your charges at 40? max i can do 1 on 1 with boss is 10 to 12 charge
I have not played this variant, but my understanding of how it is done is first to take the node (near ancestral bond) that allows you to attach 2 brands to the same mob and then also to use the golden rule unique jewel.

Luck,
-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Dec 22, 2019, 5:20:11 PM
Hello exiles, could you help me?
I'm doing the build, and I'm getting more and more surprised by the fun it offers, the strength and ease of doing things. However, I am having problems with scorpion damage, I witnessed times when the mutant was so strong, that life did not come down only with mine and HOA damage. My character MidtrikHoA, can look at my items so far, and give me tips. Thank you all.

Sorry my english is not my main language.
Re extra strong metamorphs:

My sense is that this is not specific to our build. I have also (using a different build) run across metamorphs whose health just does not seem to drop, possibly due to a combination of armour/resists/Regen. Unclear if this is a bug or working as intended.

That said, the FAQ contains some ideas for adding extra damage, and (now that I have migrated out of ssf) I am currently testing a hybrid variation that may be able to add significant damage. This still needs balance/bugs worked out related to mana and survivability before I would think it worthwhile, but it revolves around trying to add summon skeletons and/or herald of purity into the build.
If it ever comes to anything I'll try to post.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Dec 22, 2019, 9:19:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info