[3.6] Tectonic Slam Jugg: MELT CONTENT (melee lives!) Razors build (discontinued)

This is my first league after jumping ship from D3. I found this build to be really entertaining and fits my play style. I'm just wondering if I'm gearing correctly? I've been trying to follow/mirror most of what you've done so far but I still can't come close to your shaper/guardian dps in PoB. I know I'm still only level 85 but it's still a pretty big gap.

Here is my current gear for reference.

Spoiler

Last edited by injected on Jan 3, 2019, 10:21:28 PM
"
benc04 wrote:
Any thoughts on using Gang's Momentum for the boots?

don't. 40% increased damage is way less than you think. use real boots.

"
injected wrote:
This is my first league after jumping ship from D3. I found this build to be really entertaining and fits my play style. I'm just wondering if I'm gearing correctly? I've been trying to follow/mirror most of what you've done so far but I still can't come close to your shaper/guardian dps in PoB. I know I'm still only level 85 but it's still a pretty big gap.

Spoiler

post your PoB. This looks fine. Are you having actual problems killing things?
"
"
benc04 wrote:

"
injected wrote:

Spoiler

Here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/sUM14wuz
"
injected wrote:
"
"
benc04 wrote:

"
injected wrote:

Spoiler

Here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/sUM14wuz

I have some troubles with certain bosses like the elder/shaper guardians right now. Maybe my health is a bit too low?
"
injected wrote:

I have some troubles with certain bosses like the elder/shaper guardians right now. Maybe my health is a bit too low?

Your health is kinda low, not seriously. With Ampidexterity and Celestial Judgement finished your DPS is only 60k less than mine. Better helm enchant will make the biggest difference (though not on pob). Your damage is there.
Survival is really difficult in higher maps and for guardians etc... especially syndicate in higher maps, I just get oneshot all the time. The life leech through Ignite etc... might be nice for this build, but there is just to much stuff that oneshots you out of the blue or if you are not extra careful :(

Not sure if that is a problem for most builds out there... it is the first one I am really pushing higher. But I can't get to level 92 for the life of it, as soon as I got some nice exp farmed up I get oneshot by something, either a syndicate jumping out of a portal, or a high boss doing something I did not evade.

Seems to me that elemental damage is a bit of an issue, even though I am at 77% resistances all the time. But especially chaos damage seems to be the problem... I am thinking of pushing that higher, but not sure how.
Last edited by Edimasta on Jan 4, 2019, 2:50:00 AM
Yeah, i found hitting somewhere above 6k life as essential for a melee build. im at 6.4k atm and if i use a high health chest i can reach 7k. Also instead of unstopable i took unbreakable for a little bit more help staying alive as i push for at least 94 this league.
what is the chance for a charged slam when you use multistrike and the 20% charged slam head-enchant?

PoB-DPS is (unfortunately) skewed because it calculates DPS as if every hit is a charged slam. how could i calculate my "real" dps with tectonic slam (when using multistrike and the 20% charged slam-enchant)? half the dps? i have no idea :(

AND: what 6 link would you use for single target?

Tect slam-ele damage w. attacks-end. charge on melee stun-melee phys.-elemental focus-multistrike

or

Tect slam-ele damage w. attacks-end. charge on melee stun-melee phys.-conc. effect-multistrike

conc. effect gives me more pob-dps, but ele focus seems to be run more on poe.ninja
Last edited by rnbounty on Jan 4, 2019, 10:05:46 AM
"
rnbounty wrote:
what is the chance for a charged slam when you use multistrike and the 20% charged slam head-enchant?

PoB-DPS is (unfortunately) skewed because it calculates DPS as if every hit is a charged slam. how could i calculate my "real" dps with tectonic slam (when using multistrike and the 20% charged slam-enchant)? half the dps? i have no idea :(

AND: what 6 link would you use for single target?

Tect slam-ele damage w. attacks-end. charge on melee stun-melee phys.-elemental focus-multistrike

or

Tect slam-ele damage w. attacks-end. charge on melee stun-melee phys.-conc. effect-multistrike

conc. effect gives me more pob-dps, but ele focus seems to be run more on poe.ninja

From the guide:
"
"20% chance to create a Charged Slam," which would not use an endurance charge to bring the chance up to 55% per hit, check 3 times per multistrike for about a 90% chance to have a charged slam.

Don't be slave to your PoB number. I wouldn't use either of those set ups. Think about what effect using ele focus on an ignite build would have.

To above posters, get chaos res on gear. there is a lot of chaos damage this league. use your atziri's flask correctly when the chaos dmg syndicate members appear.

That is my current gear at lvl 91. Dps is fine for clearing and OK for bossing. But man I am reallyyyyy squishy. Syndicate is nearly impossible in T14+ maps. I need to work on flasks, replace the quicksilver and quartz and put in a wise oak, but oak isn't gonna help me survive. Jewels are a bit meh but they were what I had until I decide to invest more, they all have hp so replacing for damage is gonna really change my survivability that much. Sitting at 6.2k hp. Any suggestions?

POB: https://pastebin.com/M6LNy8EJ
Last edited by LeonardLongNips on Jan 4, 2019, 4:15:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info