3.4 Holy Shepherd-Dominating Blow+HoP-Shaper&Uber Atziri down (Videos)

"
kilgorek wrote:
Tukohama specre build is strong enough to do all content so I would rather go full summoner then mix it with HoP and DomBlow.
IF you are looking for physical spectres you can also try these guys:

https://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Kitava%27s+Herald

although I don't think they will have big impact on the fight especially that your headpiece is perfect for tukohamas/fire golems/solar guards

I can't see your profile and tree so its hard for me to analyze what's going on inside (jewels, nodes ect).

dr0guletz suggestions are on point. At the end of the day it's your build so you can/should play it as you like :)

i thought kativa's where only usable for early game. I have changed my settings. My profile should be visible now.
"
dr0guletz wrote:
"
mrtoop wrote:

thnx for reply. iam gonna try that.

iam aming for an 7 ore 8 link spectre helmet. iam chaos spamming this helmet whenever i can:). Tukohama's are the best boss killer's for all i know. Did not find a better physical damage spectre yet.

maybe a taste of hate for basalt flask.

There are much better physical spectres, but i don't know how much help they will be, i would personally try those giant skeletons that you encounter in abyss, those that dissapear and then slash with a black coloured skill. they are physical for sure, and that skill always deals a lot of dmg, considering you have a lot of added physical jewels i think they will do some damage.

But hey , i`m just speculating here ...it's your choice if you wanna try or not.

i like that idea thnx:) i hope they stay a life.
"
mrtoop wrote:

i like that idea thnx:) i hope they stay a life.

There is a map they appear in, the one with Helena's zombie husband at the end, i forgot what it's called.
If you try them , i would love to see the result , maybe a video if you can...
Follow me on YouTube & Twitch for more info on new content.
Latest build : 3.4 Holy Shepherd - Dominating Blow

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2209856/page/1
Stay safe exiles ;)
So yesterday I went FULL YOLO on Uber Elder. That was very painful but interesting experience. My thoughts if you are interested:

- in general I was obliterated by cold dmg. Instantly slowed and wtf-pwned by spears, not mentioning shaper balls :). I will try to implement Purity of Ice to the setup. In order not to lose too much attack speed I will change gloves to attack speed ones... DMG is ok but survi sucks...

- oh yeah I went full yolo so next time proper shield is definitely needed :)

- spectres and animate guardian - mixed feelings here. Maybe with cold ress aura they will live longer

-pantheon needs to be adjusted

-taste of hate

-and a lots of practice...
"
Ofnir_ wrote:
I don't like using brutality. I'll diversify it a bit by showing a mixed phy/ele dom blow version. My char name: ThinkingOfNameTooHard

Maze of Minotaur

holy shit... you have some expenvivest gear there. Good stuff :D
"
kilgorek wrote:
So yesterday I went FULL YOLO on Uber Elder. That was very painful but interesting experience. My thoughts if you are interested:

- in general I was obliterated by cold dmg. Instantly slowed and wtf-pwned by spears, not mentioning shaper balls :). I will try to implement Purity of Ice to the setup. In order not to lose too much attack speed I will change gloves to attack speed ones... DMG is ok but survi sucks...

- oh yeah I went full yolo so next time proper shield is definitely needed :)

- spectres and animate guardian - mixed feelings here. Maybe with cold ress aura they will live longer

-pantheon needs to be adjusted

-taste of hate

-and a lots of practice...

Feels bad, but hey, we're learning here... not any build cand wreck Uber elder, some need help and knowledge involving mechanics

Stay safe exiles ;)
"
kilgorek wrote:
-taste of hate

With Brutality, you dont have the gain phys to cold damage.
So a "normal" sapphire flask with anti freeze works too.
And it's not very expensive like a taste of hate ;)

With Soul taker, is it better than a scourge to create sentinel ?
How is it possible to calculate the dps of the minions (with flat phys jewel) ?
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
Last edited by titides on Oct 10, 2018, 11:52:17 PM
"
titides wrote:
"
kilgorek wrote:
-taste of hate

I don't think there really is a way to calculate the minion dps yet, the new dom blow minions are revamped so there are no statistics on the base life/dps life there are for SRS or Zombie/Skelletons , those you can find searching on google for the necronomicon.

I would love to see their dps also.

Stay safe exiles ;)
"
titides wrote:
"
kilgorek wrote:
-taste of hate

There is currently no way to calculate minion dmg. Scaling and gem setup was always a trial and error process.

As for the soultaker - for most of the content you don't see much difference in scourge vs soultaker. DMG from minions with proper jewels and tree is high enough to clear everything in both setups (shaper included)

I use it because of the mana reservation I simply cannot run Haste + Purity of Ice. I had to drop the Haste and try to compensate attack speed with something. Soultaker is fast + has nice no mana needed mod. I also switched gloves for more attack speed (using some generic ones for 10c)

I did another try yesterday. 7,2K hp (with shield) + 79% cold ress helps a lot.
Damage is good, minions are generated fast.

My observation for this fight is that most dps (in my case, I dont use any dpsing spectres or totems) comes from Sentinels of Purity generated by HoP. Why ? The answer is simple: 20% vs 10% of generation chance in case of DoMBlow. Based on this observation I think the best way to handle this encounter is to have hard-hitting sentinels of purity (preferably 5). Fight forces you to move alot so you really do not have time to stand and wait for DomBlow to proc.

As for the flask i 100% agree that regular one is enough - no need for taste of hate.

Last edited by kilgorek on Oct 11, 2018, 4:52:14 AM
"
kilgorek wrote:

There is currently no way to calculate minion dmg. Scaling and gem setup was always a trial and error process.
As for the soultaker - for most of the content you don't see much difference in scourge vs soultaker. DMG from minions with proper jewels and tree is high enough to clear everything in both setups (shaper included)
I use it because of the mana reservation I simply cannot run Haste + Purity of Ice. I had to drop the Haste and try to compensate attack speed with something. Soultaker is fast + has nice no mana needed mod. I also switched gloves for more attack speed (using some generic ones for 10c)
I did another try yesterday. 7,2K hp (with shield) + 79% cold ress helps a lot.
Damage is good, minions are generated fast.
My observation for this fight is that most dps (in my case, I dont use any dpsing spectres or totems) comes from Sentinels of Purity generated by HoP. Why ? The answer is simple: 20% vs 10% of generation chance in case of DoMBlow. Based on this observation I think the best way to handle this encounter is to have hard-hitting sentinels of purity (preferably 5). Fight forces you to move alot so you really do not have time to stand and wait for DomBlow to proc.

As for the flask i 100% agree that regular one is enough - no need for taste of hate.

kilgorek , i always wondered if a pure HoP build would be better than the dom blow+Hop combo, having 5 ofc with the helm ehnchant.

Using smite with culling (lightning buff and assured kill for the farm part of the build)
Having an almost 6link HoP with some mana reservation nodes and converting some physical damage to elemental, preffered lightning i guess because of the shock bonus and then just stacking attack speed on them.

Just a raw idea of course, but i would love to hear your thoughts

(maybe an Aul's amulet - with wrath reserves no mana for more self and minion added damage)

Stay safe exiles ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info