[3.7] A Little Outdated - Crit - CONSECRATED PATH - Chieftain - League Starter

"
slowcow wrote:
How would you rate Jugg so far?

I am playing pathfinder atm but I get demolished really easy despite having 5k life, ele mitigation for pathfinder, tribple balanced wise oak and enfeeble...

So I am looking for something tankier. Tried to put endurance charges on my pathfinder but wasn't pleased with the outcome, lost alot of dps and gained very little. So now it's between jugg or chieftain.

I'm not liking Jugg. the build is not as elegant as chieftain. It's hard to decide whether converting 40% cold or xophs blood is something i should do. But it doesnt seem necessary.

also, i dont get endurance charges on kill. i have to be hit first, which is dangerous.

so i feel less tanky and have less dps....

"
buttcommander wrote:
How do you gain endurance charges with elemental focus?

Tawhoa, Forest's Strength give a chance to gain endurance charge when killing burning enemy. But using elemental focus will prevent inflicting burning?

hmm i didnt notcie that. that is true.

I usually only use ele focus for bossing though.
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
slowcow wrote:

I am playing pathfinder atm but I get demolished really easy despite having 5k life, ele mitigation for pathfinder, tribple balanced wise oak and enfeeble...

So I am looking for something tankier. Tried to put endurance charges on my pathfinder but wasn't pleased with the outcome, lost alot of dps and gained very little. So now it's between jugg or chieftain.

I'm not liking Jugg. the build is not as elegant as chieftain. It's hard to decide whether converting 40% cold or xophs blood is something i should do. But it doesnt seem necessary.

also, i dont get endurance charges on kill. i have to be hit first, which is dangerous.

How do you generate endurance charges as cheiftain, then? By summoning totem and wait till it kills something and pray it procs endurance? Doesen't osund very reliable around bosses.
"
slowcow wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
slowcow wrote:

How do you generate endurance charges as cheiftain, then? By summoning totem and wait till it kills something and pray it procs endurance? Doesen't osund very reliable around bosses.

no. if u kill a burning enemy, you generate charges. doesnt need to be totem.

"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
buttcommander wrote:

Tawhoa, Forest's Strength give a chance to gain endurance charge when killing burning enemy. But using elemental focus will prevent inflicting burning?

Herald of Ash inflicts burning, works to get the charges even with Ele Focus mapping.
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
Great build! Levels crazy fast, went straight from 1-68 in a few hours.

One question though, why do u use arctic armor? (since with consecrated path ur never standing still to get the damage reduction buff)

well, if CP is like flicker strike, I think you are always standing still. Between teleports, you're never "moving". enemies cant hit you while ur teleporting. so the only time they hit u (if ur spamming CP) is when ur standing still.

Thats how i understand it but this isnt confirmed. this is true for flicker tho.

Ah I see thanks for explaining! :)

I was also wondering, since u stress how much flat phys helps the build, how about running chance to bleed as the 6th support gem? It adds almost twice as much flat phys as the herald, but ofc the bleed part would be pretty useless.
"
Ironsentron wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
buttcommander wrote:

Herald of Ash inflicts burning, works to get the charges even with Ele Focus mapping.

If that's the case, can I just keep elemental focus in my six link and combustion on my totem at all times? - from my understanding reading this guide im supposed to have combustion in my 6L and elemental focus on my totem while mapping until I do a boss, then I switch them.

Also has anyone done uber elder with this, felt awkward when i tried even though my gear is pretty damn good.
"
Zeypha wrote:
"
Ironsentron wrote:

If that's the case, can I just keep elemental focus in my six link and combustion on my totem at all times? - from my understanding reading this guide im supposed to have combustion in my 6L and elemental focus on my totem while mapping until I do a boss, then I switch them.

Also has anyone done uber elder with this, felt awkward when i tried even though my gear is pretty damn good.

yea keeping up totem in uber elder was hard. it dies instantly

good point about ash. but i still wont use ele focus usually cuz i like to freeze enemies.
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
Zeypha wrote:
"
Ironsentron wrote:

yea keeping up totem in uber elder was hard. it dies instantly

good point about ash. but i still wont use ele focus usually cuz i like to freeze enemies.

I also couldn't get endurance charges reliably on single target bosses with no adds, same thing with the start of uber elder, I have no endurance charges or anything, makes it really hard.
"
Zeypha wrote:

That is what I do, combustion in totem ele focus always. I didn’t notice missing out on ailments and hate changing more than one gem.

I’ve done Uber elder, few weeks ago, 1 death. Fight was a bit janky but not too hard, tons of burst dps with this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info