3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
Elyndrys wrote:
What nodes are a priority to go for first on skill tree? I have never tried arc or totems

Beeline to Ancestral Bond, then go for whatever you like - damage is already plenty while leveling, and it's quite a safe playstyle, so you don't really need too many defensive nodes early on, so there really aren't many ways to mess it up, really. However, don't take lategame nodes like power charges, the MoM nodes or the crit nodes (at least the ones you don't need in order to path through your skill tree) before you're well on your way to maps, like in a9 or so.

For the ascendancy, take the totem nodes "Pursuit of Faith" and "Ritual of Awakening" first, then go for "Conviction of Power" for Charges (this is where you want to invest into more power charges and crit on your skill tree) and a nice overall damage boost, lastly "Divine Guidiance" for improved MoM.

"
XxSpardaxX90 wrote:
this build has only 1 jewel till late very high levels 90 + , is this normal ?

Yes, as worthwhile Jewels (3-4 good mods) are expensive. If, however, you can afford multiple good jewels, feel free to do so.
Last edited by Fimi on Dec 7, 2018, 8:59:17 AM
"
Elyndrys wrote:
What nodes are a priority to go for first on skill tree? I have never tried arc or totems

In pob select tree. On the botton left you can change the tree to differend levels/points
Thanks guys :)
Amazing stuff!

I'm definitely going for this as a starter.

Is it good to keep the same exact tree and drop currency on this character towards very late game?

Also, I find it odd that you pick Lightning Walker so late (Given that most people simply won't pick it since they stop around lvl 92ish). It looks very powerful to me and is only a 2 point investment. Any specifics behind that choice?
Last edited by Samodin on Dec 7, 2018, 9:14:32 AM
"
Dyvz wrote:
With arc totems I ended up with lvl 100 (SSF league), cleared all content including 600 depth in previous league.

SO in 3.5 the biggest change is -1 totem from ascendancy +3% more damage per totem, and +1 as veiled mod on shield. And ofc new support gem

Here are my math included most popular choices including soul mantle(SM), Atziri's reflection (AR), 1h+ shield and DW/2hand. with/witout new support gem

1. SM+AR (or Dualwield/2h + SM)
3.4 500%
3.5 400*1.16=464
7.2% nerf

if you add up new +2 totems, i assume you 21 lvl it for 0.8 modifier
-1 support totem gives another 0.75 (it may vary, depends on what you get rid of, if you have 21 lvl gems or not, your abyssal jewels etc). So...
600*0.8*0.75*1.18 = 424.8
9% less damage compared to 4 totem build

2. SM, 1h +veiled moded shield
500*1.15 = 15% buff
700*0.8*0.75*1.21=508.2 so on paper its a marginal buff 1,64%

3. No SM, dualwield/2h
300*1.09=327 or 18% nerf
500*0.8*0.75*1.15=345 14% nerf
the biggest impact on SSF league starters, since majority of content will be cleared without that veiled mod

4. No Sm, 1h + shield
400*1.12=448 12% buff
600*0.8*0.75*1.18=424 6.2% buff, still 5% less than 4 totem build

Conclusion:
1. mediocre nerf to starter build, especially for SSF. This leads to increase investments in proper shield for trade league. Also, shield with good caster stats much harder to get.
2. That veiled mod (if there will be only 1 for shields) status unknown: you loose 1 suffix or prefix. So for top tier rares it can be a nerf, while for 3-4 mod shield its a buff.
3. New support gem fits for clearing, not boss killing, where your dps matters. (but remember, that smaller portions of damage have less chances to shock enemies = hard to predict what impact will be for speed clearing)
4. SM+AR small nerf, still this is strong for all content clear. (say hello to incursion belt for LL damage)
5. SM without AR still pain in ass for gameplay (imo).

So all in all, we are still on similar level.

I believe your first calculation is supposed to be *1.12 instead of *1.16? This brings us down to 448, Which means with base 4 totems compared to 3.4, we are down on an 10.4% nerf.

However, i am not quick to dismiss that small 10.4% as a disadvantage, especially on that high end variation of the build (SM+AR). Having double totems down allows u to ramp ur damage up easier with the curses on you + maintaning them when they are destroyed. (looking at you, uber elder + uber atziri). To me, having played the high end version of this in Delve, i feel like the increased QoL will actually result in more damage when bossing.

Last edited by crimsonraziel9 on Dec 7, 2018, 9:17:50 AM
"
Samodin wrote:
Amazing stuff!

I'm definitely going for this as a starter.

Is it good to keep the same exact tree and drop currency on this character towards very late game?

I killed uber elder with this tree. But allways feel free to bring your own Touch.
Last edited by Bourgee on Dec 7, 2018, 9:14:54 AM
Do you use Wrath while leveling or clarity?
Damn you're fast xD you replied before my edit.

Here's a second question:
I find it odd that you pick Lightning Walker so late (Given that most people simply won't pick it since they stop around lvl 90ish). It looks very powerful to me and is only a 2 point investment. Any specifics behind that choice?
"
Istor wrote:
Do you use Wrath while leveling or clarity?

Both!
"
Samodin wrote:
Damn you're fast xD you replied before my edit.

Here's a second question:
I find it odd that you pick Lightning Walker so late (Given that most people simply won't pick it since they stop around lvl 90ish). It looks very powerful to me and is only a 2 point investment. Any specifics behind that choice?

Because it will cost you 2 points on your traveling path. But feel free to pick it more early.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info