3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

just a suggestion,

add the url of your thread/post to the Notes section of PoB.
I used this build in delve from the start. I am going to do it again because it is such a nice starter.

A few tips if anyone is reading this:

1. Farm humility cards in blood aqueduct in act 9 to get a tabula rasa. It'll make things easier.

2. Consider using clarity or other mana regen nodes early on. It'll help a lot with mana issues until you get the proper gear / flasks.

3. Vaal arc (totem) is very useful for delve. Vaal haste helps a ton too.

4. Consider getting more HP nodes later in the game to help with survivability. Almost every 99+ arc totem build switches to more hp nodes to improve survivability. As for what to give up, look at poe.ninja builds for reference.

5. Use delve resonators / fossils to craft some nice wands or helmets (ie. bone helmet).
"
Cedwyn wrote:
I used this build in delve from the start. I am going to do it again because it is such a nice starter.

A few tips if anyone is reading this:

1. Farm humility cards in blood aqueduct in act 9 to get a tabula rasa. It'll make things easier.

2. Consider using clarity or other mana regen nodes early on. It'll help a lot with mana issues until you get the proper gear / flasks.

3. Vaal arc (totem) is very useful for delve. Vaal haste helps a ton too.

4. Consider getting more HP nodes later in the game to help with survivability. Almost every 99+ arc totem build switches to more hp nodes to improve survivability. As for what to give up, look at poe.ninja builds for reference.

5. Use delve resonators / fossils to craft some nice wands or helmets (ie. bone helmet).

good points! thanks for appreciating my build <3
I actually prefer using Vaal Arc self-cast instead of through totem. Putting it in a totem contributes to your active totem cap even though it only fires once, which means there is no ideal place to put it in your totem rotation. Either you drop it first and waste a huge amount of your lucky buff placing the rest of the totems, or you place it last and miss out on a fourth totem casting Arc with lucky rolls. Even if you can't deal damage with it self-cast it will grant the lucky buff to your totems, and I always found it a lot smoother to be able to deploy all totems then hit Vaal Arc to ensure they get the entire duration of the buff effect.
Hey Bourgee,

What are your thoughts adding Vaal Cold Snap to the build? The idea would be to use this to generate frenzy charges.

This gem could swap into your Gloves as:
Vaal Cold Snap, Vaal Grace, Phase Run, Increased Duration
OR
Vaal Cold Snap, Phase Run, Enhance, Increased Duration

Also, is there a reason you don't bother running a Clarity aura? I know it would cut into Mind Over Matter effectiveness, but it might be useful especially early on when levelling.

Great guide, plan to play something similar in 3.5!

Cheers,
Psi
I already posted that in another build post, but that question really interest me cause i have trouble getting all the math behind. And i know that the totem commu is huge and likely to answer me

"

Everybody is saying that the multiple totem isn't worth it with hiero cause of the loss of the support gem + the 21% less damage, bringing up in front the argument that 5 Totems without the multiple totem but with support gem deals higher dps than 5 totems with the multiple totem but without support gem.

I really love to see the math comparing comparable situation.

Same build, just swapping the extra support and the multiple totem, making a 5 totem with support versus a 7 totem without support.

If you consider having in both case all your totem down on the map (i know you don't always have all your totems up but just take a theoretical situation), would the dps be really lower or not?
Last edited by Tomymoonly on Dec 7, 2018, 3:54:40 AM
Really like your build, will use it as starter. Thanks for your work.
"
Tomymoonly wrote:
I already posted that in another build post, but that question really interest me cause i have trouble getting all the math behind. And i know that the totem commu is huge and likely to answer me

"

Everybody is saying that the multiple totem isn't worth it with hiero cause of the loss of the support gem + the 21% less damage, bringing up in front the argument that 5 Totems without the multiple totem but with support gem deals higher dps than 5 totems with the multiple totem but without support gem.

I really love to see the math comparing comparable situation.

Same build, just swapping the extra support and the multiple totem, making a 5 totem with support versus a 7 totem without support.

If you consider having in both case all your totem down on the map (i know you don't always have all your totems up but just take a theoretical situation), would the dps be really lower or not?

It is a little less dmg. not a big deal but the fact that it's a red gem (you can't swap it for another if you don't want it for some scenario) and i (and many other totem players) don't like to many totems. (bigger chance to get hit by bossabilitys, less room to move especially in smaller bossrooms and so on) makes it even worse.
"
NimrodAut wrote:
Really like your build, will use it as starter. Thanks for your work.

thank you <3
Love the build <3
Last edited by 0000daniel1 on Dec 7, 2018, 6:40:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info