3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

So far, it was one of my smoothest leveling experiences so far. Can't say if it would be the same at the beginning of the league but i was pretty impressed when i had done uberlab solo with lvl 71.

Ran some tier 11 maps with 74.

Anyone who wants to say something about improvements about my char, feel free, its JadefalknerTotems.
Last edited by Jadefalkner on Sep 8, 2018, 7:58:00 AM
Definitely having fun with the build so far. Only in A3 but it's been smooth sailing.

After messing around in the PoB for a bit I really think the Redemption node is a waste of two points. The dps increase is quite small compared to the utility you could get from other nodes, and some of them have higher dps as well. Maybe even Lord of the Dead doesn't seem to offer that much compared to some of the other options but since it's only a one point node it might not be worth removing, although it would let you grab Sanctity or Deep Wisdom as well.

Just to throw out some options in place of Redemption:

*Faith and Steel
*Both Sanctity and Deep Wisdom
*The jewel socket by Celestial Judgement if you have a good jewel
*Precision (which actually gives more dps than Redemption according to PoB)
*Celestial Punishment would make mapping even faster (not so great for most bosses though since shocking them is so much harder, also gives more dps than Redemption according to PoB but likely only during mapping)
*Elemental Ailments (more dps than Redemption again, also a nice defensive touch)

These are just suggestions, for all I know I'm missing something that makes Redemption the best of the pick. These were just from glancing around the PoB and playing with nodes. Feel free to bounce ideas off me, I'm having fun with this :P
Last edited by sutasafaia on Sep 8, 2018, 9:55:35 AM
"
sutasafaia wrote:
These are just suggestions, for all I know I'm missing something that makes Redemption the best of the pick. These were just from glancing around the PoB and playing with nodes. Feel free to bounce ideas off me, I'm having fun with this :P

It isn't a good pick. Most people in the comments have agreed to skip Redemption, Lord, and a few other minor changes. A single 2-point jewel slot right next to it would be 2 dmg and 1 hp mod (more important for late game). I am at the point of soon dropping Throatseeker and re-routing for a 3rd 2-point
jewel.

Keep in mind that the PoB is for level 100. Most people stop around 80-90's. So in planning, I'd aim for a 90 and then re-optimize as needed. Feel free to compare to my passive tree.
Yea, I know it's for 100, I like to plan out the entire tree and adjust as I go so that I have a final game plan. I would be interested in the other minor changes since the only really bad nodes I saw were those three. I could have easily overlooked some other stuff though (in fact, it's very likely).
Last edited by sutasafaia on Sep 8, 2018, 11:33:03 AM
I have now farmed 10+ Uberlabs with Level 75/76 and died only once (yes i was too greedy). Still impressed with the life reg, uberlab traps are a walk in the park.
"
sutasafaia wrote:
Definitely having fun with the build so far. Only in A3 but it's been smooth sailing.

After messing around in the PoB for a bit I really think the Redemption node is a waste of two points. The dps increase is quite small compared to the utility you could get from other nodes, and some of them have higher dps as well. Maybe even Lord of the Dead doesn't seem to offer that much compared to some of the other options but since it's only a one point node it might not be worth removing, although it would let you grab Sanctity or Deep Wisdom as well.

Just to throw out some options in place of Redemption:

*Faith and Steel
*Both Sanctity and Deep Wisdom
*The jewel socket by Celestial Judgement if you have a good jewel
*Precision (which actually gives more dps than Redemption according to PoB)
*Celestial Punishment would make mapping even faster (not so great for most bosses though since shocking them is so much harder, also gives more dps than Redemption according to PoB but likely only during mapping)
*Elemental Ailments (more dps than Redemption again, also a nice defensive touch)

yeah i am really sorry that i didn't change it yet. was really employed with streaming last few days. changed the pob. btw it's only a guide you can always change to whatever you prefer! a guide shouldn't be something you follow blind without using some own touch :) thanks for the kind words <3
not sure if this is still active with people viewing, but i find struggles with regen or staying alive if hit, overall i like and if i run around i stay alive but if hit i dont regen much, where does the life and mana regen come in? or what causes it? i dont have the chest yet but have similar for the rest and cant seem to get the regen figured out thanks in advance
"
9876 wrote:
not sure if this is still active with people viewing, but i find struggles with regen or staying alive if hit, overall i like and if i run around i stay alive but if hit i dont regen much, where does the life and mana regen come in? or what causes it? i dont have the chest yet but have similar for the rest and cant seem to get the regen figured out thanks in advance

Once you unlock Ritual of Awakening Ascendancy (Cruel Labyrinth if you follow the build) both your hp and mana regen should skyrocket with totem placement. The difference is very noticeable.
@Excruciatus i have first 3 labs done havent attempted uber yet, but i dont see a huge difference, i still rely heavy on my flasks, both hp and mana,
For people looking to expand their gear, just picked up some totem damage rare boots for added ~20% dmg plus the hp/resists.. Just be careful not to put ranged attacks into the slot (CWDT in mine).

"
9876 wrote:
@Excruciatus i have first 3 labs done havent attempted uber yet, but i dont see a huge difference, i still rely heavy on my flasks, both hp and mana,

Not sure what your playstyle is like, but this is not a tank build. So if you are charging into the mobs without totems already down, there is going to be some pain.

What are your life/mp regen in stats? With 0 totems, I have 122 hp and 73 mp regen/sec, and 230 each with 4 down. And the regen rates are based off your max hp/mp, so having low of either will lower the possible regen rate. IE: No hp on boots or not picking up mana after MoM.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info