3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
dokterr wrote:
"
rhenk75 wrote:
I'm using OP's gem setup:

- Spell Totem Support, Arc, Inc. Crit. Strikes, Added Lightning, Controlled Destruction, Lightning Penetration

But according to path of building if I replace lightning penetration with elemental focus, the damage is far better.

The OP's says that it can be replaced depending on the play style. What's that different playstyle? Is not simply better to use ele focus?

I think it has something to do with bosses? I could be wrong, but I just sort of recall Mathil mentioning the 6L, as he had the same gem setup.

The elemental focus prevent you from shocking stuff ( which is like 50% MORE dmg ) But for casual clearing, i think one shotting pack is the way to go so elemental focus is the go to... for higher "burst dps" .
Couple noob questions ( because I have never used Phase Run and Vaal Grace B4), Can someone explain to me situations where you would use these? I assume they are QoL Gems? I would think Grace you would use on bosses? ( there are only so many spells we can have on bar at one time) and phase run can help in crowded mob situations? Sorry for the dumb question but never used a build before that used these. Thanks
"
Krebnac wrote:
However when I check my possible upgrades the life won't be even 4k, so is it possible to do end game with low life?

I am 3.3k hp, 500 something ES, and I can get higher HP rolls on every slot except uniques and weapons. Add in a few levels to that, and 4k should be very feasible at end game.

Don't forget to add mana as effective HP. With Mind Over Matter and the final lab ascend, 40% of damage will be taken from mana first. Ignoring defenses, so 4k hp & 2k mana will survive a 5k hit because 2k comes out of mana and remaining 3k on hp. And then both regen back up fairly quickly with all of the mana regen and life regen from passives and ascend.

So when gearing up, don't forget to look out for mana modifiers if you need a bit more eHP.
I like how he changes his skill tree and now I gotta change a lot of shit XD
Thoughts on Inpulsa? Just got one as a drop and was using a 5L nothing special rare. Dex requirement is a bit high, but decent chunk of damage increase.

*edit* - Bleh, forgot totems can't use both the damage and explode mechanic on it. So pretty much just an HP armor with added shock effect.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Sep 5, 2018, 11:43:23 PM
how are we getting damage to totems via minion nodes??
"
Disconaut wrote:

I have same question... I'm new to Totem styles.
And on the PoB link, I see many skill points on Minions, why?
I try to add some note increase Minion damage but damage of Arc totem doesn't increase.
"
Disconaut wrote:

"
sieusao17 wrote:
I have same question... I'm new to Totem styles.
And on the PoB link, I see many skill points on Minions, why?
I try to add some note increase Minion damage but damage of Arc totem doesn't increase.

With the Spiritual Aid node, minion buffs applies to you (and your buffs are instantly applied to your totems)

With the Spiritual Aid node, minion buffs applies to you (and your buffs are instantly applied to your totems)[/quote]
Thank you, may I ask, does the option of Minion damage from items also apply to me and my totem?
I think Marylene's Fallacy is really not needed, even if you take it off you only lose about 1k dps and your crit chance jumps to almost 80% at lvl 90. I would use a Choir of the Storms instead, i think its like a 33k increase in total dps with an 83% crit chance. the lightning bolt on crit actually deals more dps than culling strike would sense the whole build tree is focused to increase lightning damage.

i think the max crit chance i could get with marylene's at lvl 100 was like 43% while with choir i got it to about 90% with all 7 power charges. which would actually be on due to the massive increase in crit chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info