3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
Mitch420 wrote:
Just started this build, looks promising. I just have to say, after reading through all the comments to get a better understanding of the build, it's crazy how many times people ask the same question about minion nodes lol..

Yea, the frequency is a bit too high.. especially when the answer is on pretty much every page. It would nice if the guide was more detailed to explain some of the choices or alternatives.

But in all fairness, that is a new to this league patch. Anyone that played previous seasons had it engraved that minions =/= totems. And now that one passive changed it to minions dmg = player = totems. And until you get that passive, the minion dmg has no effect on DPS, so new players get confused.

"
Path0gen23 wrote:
Question is, power charges. I notice we pass through two large nodes of power charges but I don't see any way to generate the power charges?

3rd Hierophant ascedancy, Conviction of Power. The first 2 add extra totems and damage, 3rd one starts the power/endurance charge generation. Usually by the time you start doing 3rd lab you have way more crit, so I would just get the passives and wait until that 3rd lab to actually make use of it. Saves you multiple Regret orbs to get you to the important nodes.
Cheers, thanks for that. I didnt look at the ascendancy!
Is vaal Arc bad for totem? If so do i go for level 21 then?
"
Nick18 wrote:
Is vaal Arc bad for totem? If so do i go for level 21 then?

All Vaal skills that are cast by totem will be used once, go on cooldown for 6 seconds, and then start collecting souls to use again. Very inefficient and waste of links. If you really want another skill besides Arc totem, maybe Discharge (up to 8 charges), curse on hit Orb of Storms with prolif for shock spread to open EF on Arc, or some other lightning skill that is better for bosses in a totem?

Level 21 Arc is the goal. If you are not using EF, 21/20 for the extra 10% shock.
What do you recommend buying if I'm a tabula user with 1ex 70 chaos bank right now?

I have some ok wands I found in game but missing basically everything else
level 70 atm

wondering how I should prioritize buying

/edit
I can usually get more chaos from my buddies that help my stream but I try not to bug them too much haha
but yeah
I can safely have around 2ex budget right now and maybe another ex or two if I'm lucky
Last edited by easy1x on Sep 4, 2018, 5:01:23 PM
swapped a few nodes around to get the Arcane Potency cluster, the 2 nodes after Spiritual Aid are minuscule so removing those and using a 2 point path from where MoM is, up to the top, grabbing the Arcane cluster and cutting the 3 nodes between Overcharge and Holy Dominion.
"
easy1x wrote:
What do you recommend buying if I'm a tabula user with 1ex 70 chaos bank right now?

This build has a ton of damage through passives, so defensive gear and specialty stuff is where a large chunk of chaos will go.

Helm - Up to 40% minion damage helmet with life and 50-60+ total resists, 10-15c tops
Armor - Tabula is fine while 6L prices steadily drop or save for Shaper.
Wand(s) & Shield - This one is new to me. I paid like 5 chaos for the wand I have and found the shield. Haven't upgraded at all and still clearing fine. If you plan to use the crit multi amulet, you'll want to get some high crit to spells and then fill in with high spell dmg, light to spells, and crit multi with possibly other stuff like extra ele dmg as chaos if prices are decent.
Amulet - Marylene's Fallacy is like 1 chaos and you can optimize it to closer to 240% multi later.
Essence Worm Ring - RIP 50-60 chaos. It allows for Clear Mind with Wrath.
Clear Mind Jewel - I paid like 20 for a 56% spell dmg, but same as Marylene's and can get a slightly lower one and upgrade later.
Boots, belt, gloves, 1 ring - 30% speed boots are a must for me. And I wanted the spell damage gloves. These all should be high hp, and filling in your resists. Prices have changed, but should be able to manage all 4 with like 30 chaos.
That leaves flasks. Optimize as you see fit. Ideal is charges on crit with immune to bleed, freeze, and maybe even curses. Quicksilver, Diamond, Silver, and Wise Oak if lightning is highest resist (future optimize, not needed if you have to pay crazy to get it). Atziri's Promise is cheap damage boost until you get a high pen Oak. Ignoring Wise, maybe 5 chaos tops?

You'll need to look up weapon/shield prices. Ignoring those, that is 15+1+60+20+30+5 = 131, with plenty to spare for nice wand(s)/shield. If you overpay for nice weps, then save Essence for last and use manual Wrath if you need more damage or leave it off for more survival.

*edit* Ignore the on critical flasks. Forgot about totem on crit doesn't work.

*edit2* I overspent on flasks and got charge recovery with immune bleed, freeze, and curses for Quicksilver, Silver, and Diamond for like 6 chaos total. Shield prices were a bit too much for me for some block chance, but got this for 2 chaos + crafting mats. 1k more hideout DPS, up to 35k.

Last edited by blackdeath101 on Sep 4, 2018, 8:16:14 PM
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
easy1x wrote:

This build has a ton of damage through passives, so defensive gear and specialty stuff is where a large chunk of chaos will go.

Helm - Up to 40% minion damage helmet with life and 50-60+ total resists, 10-15c tops
Armor - Tabula is fine while 6L prices steadily drop or save for Shaper.
Wand(s) & Shield - This one is new to me. I paid like 5 chaos for the wand I have and found the shield. Haven't upgraded at all and still clearing fine. If you plan to use the crit multi amulet, you'll want to get some high crit to spells and then fill in with high spell dmg, light to spells, and crit multi with possibly other stuff like extra ele dmg as chaos if prices are decent.
Amulet - Marylene's Fallacy is like 1 chaos and you can optimize it to closer to 240% multi later.
Essence Worm Ring - RIP 50-60 chaos. It allows for Clear Mind with Wrath.
Clear Mind Jewel - I paid like 20 for a 56% spell dmg, but same as Marylene's and can get a slightly lower one and upgrade later.
Boots, belt, gloves, 1 ring - 30% speed boots are a must for me. And I wanted the spell damage gloves. These all should be high hp, and filling in your resists. Prices have changed, but should be able to manage all 4 with like 30 chaos.
That leaves flasks. Optimize as you see fit. Ideal is charges on crit with immune to bleed, freeze, and maybe even curses. Quicksilver, Diamond, Silver, and Wise Oak if lightning is highest resist (future optimize, not needed if you have to pay crazy to get it). Atziri's Promise is cheap damage boost until you get a high pen Oak. Ignoring Wise, maybe 5 chaos tops?

You'll need to look up weapon/shield prices. Ignoring those, that is 15+1+60+20+30+5 = 131, with plenty to spare for nice wand(s)/shield. If you overpay for nice weps, then save Essence for last and use manual Wrath if you need more damage or leave it off for more survival.

*edit* Ignore the on critical flasks. Forgot about totem on crit doesn't work.

This is actually a big PogChamp! Thank you for answering that detailed! (Don't steal my work xD) jk!
Do I need the wise oak? I know it's great but to get the exact amount it's always so shitty sometimes.
pastebin link for tree will not work for me as much as Ive tried, can someone PM me the tree to this build please :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info