3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

Awesome, thank you for the detailed post. I have about 1.5ex to work with, so I should be able to make most of those changes. It was hard finding something that wasn't overly expensive or 90% of the build was cheap with one overly expensive item.

I blew a lot of fusing orbs on trying to get 6l on my chest and it just never happened.

I can do T11/T12 with little to no issues as long as they weren't modified/corrupted. Being able to clear as fast as I can is what I would like to shoot for. Minions are rarely an issue but syndicate and some end map bosses just destroy me if I stop to place a totem.
"
Fritso wrote:
"
daimonxp wrote:
Can anyone help me, I spent a hour or so trying to figure out how to get my totems to atleast 200k+ but with everything check marked in in PoB like 130-140k. I tired putting in different weapons similar to the PoB and even 6 put it as my soulmantle is six linked and still reach max maybe 200k per totem. I'm at the point I have no idea what to do. I was going to save up and get me the 6 link version of my chest, but even imputting other daggers I just don't see the dps per totem for me. Thanks sorry its long. Thanks in advanced trying hard to figure out what's going on.

Here's PoB. I know somethings need level up but I'm at 87 so far.

https://pastebin.com/tDGZyt5U

Well, for starters your dps calculation was set to Shaper dps instead of regular mobs. Assume you did that on purpose though. So your dmg is already ok-ish.

- Change the Ice Golem for Lightning Golem
- Get a lvl 21 Arc and Added Lightning dmg. They are super cheap this league. Don't worry about quality on em.
- Get the 6L chest
- Get other gems to lvl 20

These changes doubled your dps to 260k/totem (Shaper dps). You could chose to replace increased crit with Faster casting for another 20k dps increase. A better weapon with high cast speed >20% would increase your dps even further.

/edit: you can also chose to include Vaal RF into the build for a big dps boost on bosses.

Thanks for answer. Seems the 21 arc helped a little bit, faster casting didn't change much. Other question I have I look at 3.4 arc totem posts and they are casting 5 totems, and I don't know how. Before the shield enchant was out.
"
daimonxp wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
"
daimonxp wrote:
Can anyone help me, I spent a hour or so trying to figure out how to get my totems to atleast 200k+ but with everything check marked in in PoB like 130-140k. I tired putting in different weapons similar to the PoB and even 6 put it as my soulmantle is six linked and still reach max maybe 200k per totem. I'm at the point I have no idea what to do. I was going to save up and get me the 6 link version of my chest, but even imputting other daggers I just don't see the dps per totem for me. Thanks sorry its long. Thanks in advanced trying hard to figure out what's going on.

Here's PoB. I know somethings need level up but I'm at 87 so far.

https://pastebin.com/tDGZyt5U

Well, for starters your dps calculation was set to Shaper dps instead of regular mobs. Assume you did that on purpose though. So your dmg is already ok-ish.

- Change the Ice Golem for Lightning Golem
- Get a lvl 21 Arc and Added Lightning dmg. They are super cheap this league. Don't worry about quality on em.
- Get the 6L chest
- Get other gems to lvl 20

These changes doubled your dps to 260k/totem (Shaper dps). You could chose to replace increased crit with Faster casting for another 20k dps increase. A better weapon with high cast speed >20% would increase your dps even further.

/edit: you can also chose to include Vaal RF into the build for a big dps boost on bosses.

Thanks for answer. Seems the 21 arc helped a little bit, faster casting didn't change much. Other question I have I look at 3.4 arc totem posts and they are casting 5 totems, and I don't know how. Before the shield enchant was out.

hiero ascendancy was changed
"
Nezyrael wrote:

Also focus on getting 21 arc, base dmg is really important and they are also not that expensive

That was a decent boost to dps. Thanks! It did cost me 55 chaos so I'm now at 350 chaos. I need to take a look at the gloves you posted too. Thanks for the help. :) I did do some more thinking/planning with the build. I was a little curious how using soul mantle/shimmerons in your build would affect the outcome of your damage/survivability.

So I imported your build into path of building and replaced your armour with soul mantle. Since now I don't have to use spell totem, I can use faster attacks and it's a 44.7k damage boost. If I add shimmerons, a clear mind jewel, and Atziri's flask, it's a 174k damage boost, all while still being maxed on your resists and 4,300k life.

https://pastebin.com/swpvFQm5

So I'll focus on using essence worm, clear mind jewel and a shield with +1 totems. I can run a wither totem setup and get the extra life from the shield. It doesn't make sense for me to downgrade to a rare armour and gain a small damage upgrade with the rare armour being a six link to only later upgrade to the rare armour with crit and still not be as much damage.

Now if I compare your six link vs my five link, it's a 11.6k average hit and 20k (technically 19.8k); it's an upgrade for me.

Your build is still way better than mine right now. I'm just playing with the items, seeing what gets me the most damage while keeping health above 4k and max res, all while having damage as high as possible. :)

Are we only able to summon 3 totems now without Soul Mantle or the +1 totem craft? I assume we don't use multiple totem support

Edit: nvm, some of the +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems shields are cheap, my bad. Should've checked earlier lol
Last edited by Soosiz on Jan 4, 2019, 9:28:01 AM
I'm currently Lvl91 in SSF.
Had some nice drop luck (super early soul mantle and essence worm) and I'm flying through all content I did so far (maps up to T13 corrupted with whatever mods).
I've saved up a decent amount of currency for crafting but I'm not sure what to improve next gearwise. I don't have much SSF crafting experience and don't want to burn my hard earned orbs in a stupid way.
One thing I'm gonna attempt soon is 6-linking my soul mantle but that will have to wait for a little while longer.

I'm thinking about ditching the sadimas and blazon but then again I don't want to give up IIQ as long as I'm not running into survival/clearspeed problems...
"
Zorven wrote:
"
Nezyrael wrote:

Also focus on getting 21 arc, base dmg is really important and they are also not that expensive

That was a decent boost to dps. Thanks! It did cost me 55 chaos so I'm now at 350 chaos. I need to take a look at the gloves you posted too. Thanks for the help. :) I did do some more thinking/planning with the build. I was a little curious how using soul mantle/shimmerons in your build would affect the outcome of your damage/survivability.

So I imported your build into path of building and replaced your armour with soul mantle. Since now I don't have to use spell totem, I can use faster attacks and it's a 44.7k damage boost. If I add shimmerons, a clear mind jewel, and Atziri's flask, it's a 174k damage boost, all while still being maxed on your resists and 4,300k life.

https://pastebin.com/swpvFQm5

So I'll focus on using essence worm, clear mind jewel and a shield with +1 totems. I can run a wither totem setup and get the extra life from the shield. It doesn't make sense for me to downgrade to a rare armour and gain a small damage upgrade with the rare armour being a six link to only later upgrade to the rare armour with crit and still not be as much damage.

Now if I compare your six link vs my five link, it's a 11.6k average hit and 20k (technically 19.8k); it's an upgrade for me.

Your build is still way better than mine right now. I'm just playing with the items, seeing what gets me the most damage while keeping health above 4k and max res, all while having damage as high as possible. :)

True I know it is easily possible to boost my dmg but I don't see the point since my damage is more than enough for everything I usually do. The only thing where more dmg would come in handy is Shaper or Uber Elder, where you get oneshot most of the time anyway if you don't dodge. Otherwise I will always prefer the 5k life over some more dmg
Hey guys, I know we need lvl 21 Arc, Is there any other gems of ours that we'd benefit greatly being lvl 21?
Also, what gems should we have that should be 20% quality? or atleast we would benefit greatly from having 20% quality?
Controlled Destruction, Lightning Pen, Inc Crit, Elemental Focus, Added Light Dmg, Faster Casting basically everything besides Spell totem is good with 20 quality
Hey guys -- this is my second ever POE char and my second month ever of playing. I played up to some red maps in standard with an Arc witch (but didn't get to guardians), and then I figured I wanted to try the league mechanics. (I should have started playing in Betrayal, but to be honest, I was scared by all the mechanics. Playing in Standard felt like less of a problem). I was lucky to get a soul mantle drop recently, but haven't used it yet as the sockets are not the right colors (5B1R) and it's not 6L and I don't have the currency to make changes. (Also, I have a decent pair of boots but don't have the chromatics to change sockets on it yet). Also, I'm not even sure I should be using a soul mantle -- I'm bad with flasks, and the idea of self-cursing is scary. (If I suddenly manage to get the atziri reflection prophecy, sure I'll change my mind, but no holding my breath on that one).

Boots:

Soul:

Otherwise, here's the rest of my current gear set. I have a few arc gems that should hit 20 soon so I'm going to try to vaal one into a 21/20. Don't have a lot of chaos (I sold some scarabs that allowed me buy a few upgrades). And -- is there any chance I can keep wearing the Bisco's? The rampage mechanic is a LOT of fun and very enjoyable, especially in delve.

(obviously these boots will be replaced by the boots above once I get the right color sockets)

Should I just sell the soul mantle and give up the ghost (no pun intended), or should I save it in case I get a lucky drop that lets me use it without too much curse backlash?

What should I look to upgrade next - my weapon? The helm? I dont feel SUPER squishy but realize my life is L O W. Not sure what to get where next.

Also -- I THINK I am following the POB right. I took one dex node so I am 1 pt behind, but otherwise I have been following. (I have been using the web PObuddy client, because when I try to load this into the desktop version of POB, I get an error. Am I doing something wrong? I had no problem loading Enki's arc witch into the desktop).

Sorry for the newb questions and thank you.

Last edited by yalehomo on Jan 4, 2019, 7:27:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info