3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
ntpphong wrote:
I have a sick belt for this build that I'm willing to trade for equivalent with fire damage if anyone is interested.
Worth 20 ex if you want to pay for it so I can buy a replacement.

hit me up ign @totemfueva

This belt is good for HoWA but our build don'T get anything from the ele dmg with attacks so 20 ex for that belt is fine but not for our build.
Last edited by Bourgee on Jan 3, 2019, 10:54:58 AM
Are any adjustments required when adding a Shimmeron to the build?
If you are comfortable with the degen then no.
I was using the essence worm setup with the flask curse removal and it worked fine. Then after I got some more mana nodes I switched to the Kika rings and my dps in hideout with totems up and curses preloaded is 120K(Is the arc dps displayed on the skill bar calculating all the totems damage or is that 120K per totem?). My Essence worm setup is about 105K per totem. Obviously killing some baddies and using my Atziri’s flask can get my damage to 140-177k out and about plus whatever diamond flask is upping my damage by. To be fair I feel my dps isn't much diffrent with either setup (essence vs kika) when mapping as I don't always have full curses applied.

I say this because while it would be nice to get a rare body armor, the crit ones are 3 exalt....... So, if I got a cheap one with just life and a rare shield, I would have a lot of damage to make up.

I do have around 400 chaos maybe more if I liquidated everything, but I would rather not.
I also found this jewel, is it worth using for this build or should I try and sell it?

Not sure if I should focus on getting a six link, upgrading arc to level 21, getting a Stygian Vise, finding a better weapon to dual wield with Shimmeron, upgrading to rare gloves. Time to play around with path of building some more, I guess. Maybe I'm endexing to hard on maxing out resists becuse if I use a styngian belt then I would use the essence worm setup and a resist ring and even if I added in rare goves my resist still wouldn't be maxed out. I say this becuase as soon as you look up and item with 3 resists and high life it gets spendy. Maybe these http://poe.trade/search/oteogakikakama?

I did upgrade my helm and boots to have more life since last time I posted build. :) Sitting at 3,333 life and 55 fire, 94 cold, 90 lightning resist with essence worm setup vs 3,160 life and 26 fire, 94 cold, 117 Lightning resist with kika rings. Still have a few more life nodes and mana nodes to grab.

I ramble to much. Lmao
Last edited by Zorven on Jan 3, 2019, 1:23:49 PM
My advise is to sell the might of the meek, get a solid -link-chest with life (i linked example poe.trade link a couple posts earlier), an essence worm wrath and a low-tier max totem shield.

26 fire res will kill you later on, look to get 75 ele res covered. You should sell your topaz ring since the phys is worthless for you and try to get more life/res with possible lightning dmg/cast speed

Try to get your hand on a ilvl 82+ abyss jewel (hypnotic) and spam alterations on it until you hit at least tier 2 life/lightning damage. If you hit one, augment, if you miss the augment, rinse, repeat. Good abyss jewels with a decent stygian will do a lot for damage/tankyness

Life/Res Stygian: http://poe.trade/search/onoyahairitiha (more expensive with dmg: http://poe.trade/search/arananarukorih)
Cheapish helmet upgrades: http://poe.trade/search/atowarimasonam
Cast speed gloves: http://poe.trade/search/hetimoterekoma

Also focus on getting 21 arc, base dmg is really important and they are also not that expensive
Last edited by Nezyrael on Jan 3, 2019, 4:18:11 PM
This is my first time playing PoE. Decided to give this build a shot as my starter. I do feel super squishy. Any thoughts on what I can change. Also I don't feel like I am pumping out enough damage.

Any thing would be appreciated. I would link my gear, but unsure how you are all doing that.

Cheers
Hey thanks for the advice Nezyrael. I'll have to input those ideas into path of buidling later tonight. Getting ready to do some Human anatomy 212 homework. Class dosen't start till the 14th but I can get an early start on the homework. Fun...... :(
Last edited by Zorven on Jan 3, 2019, 4:40:37 PM
First you have to go to your privacy settings so we can see your character.

You can link gear by clicking your portrait top left and then just left-click the gear you wanna link
"
Nezyrael wrote:
First you have to go to your privacy settings so we can see your character.

You can link gear by clicking your portrait top left and then just left-click the gear you wanna link

Thank you for the heads up. Hopefully this loads correct. Any advice on what I could change would be great. Also could I use Atziri's Mirror or would that cripple the build?
Well as I said before, I myself am not a fan of the Soul mantle variation, because I think you should focus more on tankyness and will always have enough damage.

I recommend getting a higher life stygian, life/resist boots instead of the unique ones, a life/resist ring instead of kikazarus, a life/res 6-link chest instead of soul mantle, dropping multiple totems support in favor of lightning pen (and spell totem obviously in a regular chest).

But first and foremost get an actual amulet, either get marylenes for pure dps or a life amulet with spell dmg/lightnig dmg/crit multi for a mix of damage and tankyness

With better resist on the other gear you should be able to get a more dmg oriented shield.

Dont use a bone helmet, you have not specced into spiritual aid. You can easliy get 90+ life and better resists for single digit chaos on a random helmet.

Also I would respec out of the Breath of lightning notable (saves 4 points) and put these into the mana nodes behind Mind over matter and doom cast. I also advice completely respeccing the cluster below crackling speed and doing the march over top (right way after annihilation) and grab throatseeker on the way, also go a little left and grab cruel preparations with the points you respecced (start after the last hybrid life/mana node, first delete the 4 points from the melding wheel and the jewel socket and make the connection up top.

Last, but not least, work on your jewels. Get ilvl 82+ hypnotic eye jewels and spam alteration orbs/augmentation orbs until you hit at least tier 3 flat life and damahe to lightning spells, then regal and hope for something good.
Last edited by Nezyrael on Jan 3, 2019, 5:02:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info