3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

"
Sensylis wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
Finally got enough currency to switch from dual wield rare sceptres to +1 totem shield + Shimmeron.....oh my what a buff that is. As others have said, the degen from shimmeron isn't that bad.

Stats:
lvl 91
4.3k hp
2.3k mana
5 totems
815k dps (480k shaper dps) per totem

Thanks for this build guide! Didn't think I'd love the totem playstyle this much.

Gear:

maybe can you have a look at my char? - I'm struggeling with the decision to swap to soul mantle and shimmeron. atm I'm sitting on my +1 totem shield, and I only need to cast twice the arc totem. If i swap to soul mantle, I need to cast it 3 times, to put out that 5 totems

Edit: think I gonna stay on the rare 6 link - switched over just to shimmeron and I even dont recognize the the degen

Keep in mind that Soul Mantle is not just 1 extra totem which is more dmg and regen due to ascendancy. It is also:
- going from 4 to 5 totems = 25% more dmg
- 50% extra totem life, which is nice QoL
- extra gem link, which is huge dmg
- Self curse with Self-Flagilation jewel = 280% increased dmg when prestacking curses for bosses and during fast mapping.

For mapping, having 2 totems at once is plenty to kill everything. Not much need for 5 totems besides the ascendancy buff. But for bosses where you actually have all 5 totems out, it's big dmg.
"
Fritso wrote:
"
Sensylis wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:
Finally got enough currency to switch from dual wield rare sceptres to +1 totem shield + Shimmeron.....oh my what a buff that is. As others have said, the degen from shimmeron isn't that bad.

Stats:
lvl 91
4.3k hp
2.3k mana
5 totems

Thanks for this build guide! Didn't think I'd love the totem playstyle this much.

Gear:

maybe can you have a look at my char? - I'm struggeling with the decision to swap to soul mantle and shimmeron. atm I'm sitting on my +1 totem shield, and I only need to cast twice the arc totem. If i swap to soul mantle, I need to cast it 3 times, to put out that 5 totems

Edit: think I gonna stay on the rare 6 link - switched over just to shimmeron and I even dont recognize the the degen

Keep in mind that Soul Mantle is not just 1 extra totem which is more dmg and regen due to ascendancy. It is also:
- going from 4 to 5 totems = 25% more dmg
- 50% extra totem life, which is nice QoL
- extra gem link, which is huge dmg
- Self curse with Self-Flagilation jewel = 280% increased dmg when prestacking curses for bosses and during fast mapping.

For mapping, having 2 totems at once is plenty to kill everything. Not much need for 5 totems besides the ascendancy buff. But for bosses where you actually have all 5 totems out, it's big dmg.

oh - I haven't looked at the jewel ...
think I'm gonna farm till i can afford a 6L soul mantle - than I will do the switch over

Edit: nah, moved to a 5L soul mantle - shimmeron, soul mantle, the jewel and pre stacking curses is to strong. - even on a 5L
Last edited by Sensylis on Dec 25, 2018, 6:11:00 AM
possible to play Flameblast on current season?
"
Lumina wrote:
Hi,

I started this build using Zizzaran's version of the build from his path of building and got to level 80 with it. So far I have hit yellow maps and pushing towards red maps with it and it's feeling alright. I am using his non crit variant of the build but I'd eventually like to have one similar to what I have been seeing people post on here.

Firstly, would it be possible for anyone to take a look at what I have so far and let me know what I need to focus on upgrading and what to potentially upgrade to and secondly, is there a list somewhere of optimum items/stats for each slot in? I saw one on the path of building page but I wasn't sure if it was right/up to date.

Thanks for your time!

You should get a +1 to maximum number of summoned totems shield, the cheapest ones are around 10c, that alone should be a nice upgrade.
"
Banrot wrote:
"
Lumina wrote:
Hi,

I started this build using Zizzaran's version of the build from his path of building and got to level 80 with it. So far I have hit yellow maps and pushing towards red maps with it and it's feeling alright. I am using his non crit variant of the build but I'd eventually like to have one similar to what I have been seeing people post on here.

Firstly, would it be possible for anyone to take a look at what I have so far and let me know what I need to focus on upgrading and what to potentially upgrade to and secondly, is there a list somewhere of optimum items/stats for each slot in? I saw one on the path of building page but I wasn't sure if it was right/up to date.

Thanks for your time!

You should get a +1 to maximum number of summoned totems shield, the cheapest ones are around 10c, that alone should be a nice upgrade.

Thank you for your advice, I will get one of those as soon as possible, should the other stats on the shield still be crit chance for spells, life, energy shield and spell damage?

Is there anything else to focus on right now as well?
"
Lumina wrote:
"
Banrot wrote:
"
Lumina wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your time!

Thank you for your advice, I will get one of those as soon as possible, should the other stats on the shield still be crit chance for spells, life, energy shield and spell damage?

Is there anything else to focus on right now as well?

No problem. Yeah, pretty much like the shield you have right now: crit chance, spell damage, life, resistances, but with +1 to totems. That and getting a 6L armor.

For the rest you should take a look at the Items section of the guide, it should give you a pretty good idea of what to look for.
Last edited by Banrot on Dec 25, 2018, 5:16:21 PM
"
Fritso wrote:

Stats:
lvl 91
4.3k hp
2.3k mana
5 totems

Gear:

did you change for your build the OP's skill tree, jewels, whatever ? I'm using self-flagellation viridian jewel, I guess you are using it too since you have double kikazaru + soul mantle. Don't you ?
Last edited by Nezöu on Dec 25, 2018, 9:51:34 PM
good build so far, i was sceptical about using shimmeron then i realised that we have 40% Mom lol, big upgrade. Here is my actual gear.
Lv90
4.2k hp
2k mana

Need to buy a +1 totem shield and thinking about using a 6l loreweave instead of soul mantle for more tankiness. still not sure about it since soul mantle is a huge dps upgrade and 50% life totem is good.
Last edited by dragonpowi on Dec 26, 2018, 12:28:49 AM
"
Nezöu wrote:
"
Fritso wrote:

Stats:
lvl 91
4.3k hp
2.3k mana
5 totems

Gear:

did you change for your build the OP's skill tree, jewels, whatever ? I'm using self-flagellation viridian jewel, I guess you are using it too since you have double kikazaru + soul mantle. Don't you ?

Correct, I use self-flagilation jewel.

As for the skill tree. I made some changes that gave me better dmg or had my preference. You can check my profile, it's public.
Char name: Whenyoucantthinkofaname
am I missing something in terms of helmet or am I wrong in the following calculations?
40% inc minion damage (Bone Helmet) will lead to ~5% dps boost
+1 Arc Chain helm enchant will lead to 15% dps boost (more damage for remaining chain)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info