[3.2] Hierophant/Scion GC Totems - Fully Optimized COMPLETE Uber Elder down

Beer, ty for the build guide. I'm really enyoing it so far. Started as Frostbolt Hiero and switched to GC a few level ago.

Damage output is really awesome but I'm somewhat struggling with survivabilaty. Often enough I'm getting one-shotted.

Any Tips appreciated.

IG UntenrumNackt or alternatively for more details
http://poe-profile.info/profile/j0uns/UntenrumNackt

Thanks again!
Last edited by j0uns on Mar 26, 2018, 10:18:43 AM
"
j0uns wrote:
Beer, ty for the build guide. I'm really enyoing it so far. Started as Frostbolt Hiero and switched to GC a few level ago.

Damage output is really awesome but I'm somewhat struggling with survivabilaty. Often enough I'm getting one-shotted.

Any Tips appreciated.

Thanks again!

You are not curse-capped on resists! You're running cwdt immortal call so you CANNOT rely on endurance charges to do this for you! you need 90% resist all in hideout to be capped under dual curse from soul mantle. Assuming you helped alira, you are 18% short on fire resist, 4% short on cold resist, 15% short on lightning resist.

You can fix it purely in gear (probably preferable if you can swing it), or you can change your tree a bit and get elementalist (12% resist all, some damage). Your weakest points are the 3 witch power charges, at 1.1% damage per point. Elementalist would be 3 points, and also 1.1% damage per point, but gets you the 12% resist all.

That's a high priority fix. Once you've corrected it, consider these additional points:

You could try not reserving 59% of your mana pool. You've got mind over matter, and you've even got the ascendancy for a stronger mind over matter, but you've got less than 1000 mana unreserved. What's even the point, then?

Drop clarity. Hierophant gives more than 3x that much mana regen from having your totems down anyway, not worth the mana reserve. Drop hatred also, I know hatred is good damage, but the build doesn't hurt for damage at all. Unless you're getting a watcher's eye effect off hatred it isn't good enough to justify the hit to your effective health (even then, I'd sooner essence worm it and flask curses).

Put enfeeble in your CWDT.

If you have mana trouble without clarity some options include:
1)Getting arcane surge in there somewhere (I run it linked to my manual-cast curse).

2)Vaal clarity. With inc duration linked it is 17 seconds, simple to perm, much more reliable than lavianga.

3)Rallying cry. Almost as much regen as clarity, no mana reserved.

4) Get more mana. You've got a grand total of +45 mana on your gear. No mana on your abyssal jewels, gloves, barely any on your boots.

Abyssal jewels are an easy place to pick some up, the "damage to spells" prefixes are very low value for us, due to the 60% damage effectiveness on glacial cascade, so there's no other good prefixes really, just +life and +mana. The ideal jewel looks like this:

Obviously you're not going to get a perfect one on league, but you get the idea. Decent life and mana rolls, and whatever damage stat suffixes you can afford to pair with it.

As mentioned above, the witch power charge points are your weakest. 3 points, net 3.3% damage boost, = 1.1% damage per point. Assuming you didn't use those points to fix your resists, you can use them to up both your mana AND your damage. Those three, plus one from sanctity gets you four free points. Two of them gets you throatseeker for a 10.6% damage boost (way more than you lost), the other two gets you soul siphon for +306 mana.

With MoM and Divine Guidance mana is just as good as life, up to a 6:4 ratio. You have 4071 life, so until you reach 2714 mana, you should be thinking of mana as life on items and in tree. Soul siphon will take you up to 2652 mana, just under the ratio, so that +306 mana is as good as a full +306 life (that is, it is awesome).
"
j0uns wrote:

Any Tips appreciated.

Thanks again!

Really low life rolls on a lot of your items that can be changed out. Also, I would agree that the build is generally squishy but does enough damage that is isnt usually an issue.

As mentioned above, you can try and drop Hatred and Clarity (Clarity for sure), to see how you fair with the larger eHP pool.

Also, I wouldn't recommend lightpoacher if you do not have better jewels to make it worthwhile.
magicrectangle and BeerLeague - thank you so much for your effort.
I'll look into this after work. Feeling like a beginner now :)

"
j0uns wrote:
magicrectangle and BeerLeague - thank you so much for your effort.
I'll look into this after work. Feeling like a beginner now :)

No problem, just remember that this version of the build is very squishy. If it is your first time playing totems, the playstyle takes a bit to learn
Have been using a Shroud of the Lightless in my mapping setup recently and I have got to say that it makes a huge QoL difference for speed mapping as you can reliably charge into a pack, throw down a few totems and scoot away without getting popped.
seems ssf viable, eh?
"
Zoricus wrote:
seems ssf viable, eh?

Yeah, it should be, can complete all the game has to offer on a tabula and doesn't have any required uniques. Soul Mantle is nice, but not mandatory and to be honest, pretty common anyway.
Hi, nice guide, how do u think about CI? Since both rings and chest don't have life. I tried on POB, can get pretty decent ES pool, seems a way to go, so what's ur opinion?
CI and MoM do not work together, so it is sort of anti-synergy with hierophant.

I'm not saying you can't do it, I'm sure it would work, but hierophant kind of screams out for you to use mind over matter. Even if you don't get divine guidance, you're still getting tons of mana / mana regen from going hierophant, seems a shame not to put that to use.

You're also probably going to need a high ES shield if you want to go CI, since soul mantle doesn't have good ES. That's not a deal breaker, but it is a big hit to your damage not to have an offhand shaper weapon.

It would be nice if they changed MoM / divine guidance to say "before life or ES" instead of just before life. As it is right now it feels pretty stupid to have Sanctuary of Thought locked behind divine guidance on the tree, when what you would want is one or the other, not both.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info