[3.2] Hierophant/Scion GC Totems - Fully Optimized COMPLETE Uber Elder down

"
"
BeerLeague wrote:
"
Sageone wrote:
My goal is Shaper this league with this build. I just wanted to mention that for the conversion early on, Phys to Lightning is an option that adds quite a bit of DPS.

Phys to lightning looks good on your paper dps, but is actually much worse in terms of real dps than other options, unless you are talking about while leveling.

If you're running phys to light, you're not running cold pen. It is a fine low-gear-level option. So is added fire.

Not full-converting is also fine by the way. We're not inquisitors or anything, we don't actually need all of our damage to be elemental. There's a little bit of ele scaling in tree, and maybe a little more if you have a scepter as one of your weapons, but not enough to worry a huge amount about it while you're at the bottom end of the gear curve.

Changing my long winters to yellow jewels with two damage stats actually RAISES my dps (PoB, not just tooltip). I still like the long winters for mapping, but again the full convert is merely "nice" and not mandatory. Obviously you don't run cold pen if you're not full converting though.

Cold pen should (with the exception of oddly geared characters) outperform either phys to light or added fire. Most newer players get really confused that cold pen lowers their tooltip but actually outperforms almost any other support (pen in general is very strong).

Also, moving away from long winters should be priority #1. Helm enchants are very cheap for this build, 2ex or less in most cases (or even cheaper to use 30% one).

3 stat yellow jewels are much better than a GC damage enchant rather than a conversion one as well.
"
BeerLeague wrote:
Cold pen should (with the exception of oddly geared characters) outperform either phys to light or added fire.

Not that oddly geared, you just need to not be able to afford the hat enchant or long winters. I used phys to light and added fire until I could afford long winters, since I started the league with GC totems that was a good chunk of time.

"
Most newer players get really confused that cold pen lowers their tooltip but actually outperforms almost any other support (pen in general is very strong).

Newer players do get tooltip fixation, which is why pointing them to PoB is a good idea.

As for outperforming almost any other support, nah. It doesn't take that odd of a gear set for it to drop pretty far down the list. You just need phys as extra fire/light/random ele on some shaper weapons. I have two gear setups, one for bossing, one for mapping. In the mapping setup cold pen isn't in the top 5 supports (and thus isn't run). In the bossing setup it is technically number 5, but only barely beats inc crit with diamond flask up (and loses massively to inc crit when diamond flask is not up).

"
Also, moving away from long winters should be priority #1. Helm enchants are very cheap for this build, 2ex or less in most cases (or even cheaper to use 30% one).

3 stat yellow jewels are much better than a GC damage enchant rather than a conversion one as well.

I don't disagree with this, except to say that long winter is great for mapping. If you're the sort who doesn't mind having some gear swaps for mapping vs bossing, I recommend long winter in your mapping setup.
"

As for outperforming almost any other support, nah. It doesn't take that odd of a gear set for it to drop pretty far down the list. You just need phys as extra fire/light/random ele on some shaper weapons. I have two gear setups, one for bossing, one for mapping. In the mapping setup cold pen isn't in the top 5 supports (and thus isn't run). In the bossing setup it is technically number 5, but only barely beats inc crit with diamond flask up (and loses massively to inc crit when diamond flask is not up).

"

I don't disagree with this, except to say that long winter is great for mapping. If you're the sort who doesn't mind having some gear swaps for mapping vs bossing, I recommend long winter in your mapping setup.

For the first one, phys to lightning and added fire are not in the top 5 either, hell, they usually are not even in the top 8 unless you have global pen enchant on your boots and are running double shaper weapons with pen on them and even then, Hypothermia or cold pen will be better.

Also, this build does such a ridiculous amount of dps even with double Doryanis that boss damage should always be your primary concern (with the exception of conc/inc swaps). You are going to one shot rares and packs everytime anyway. Hell, I have to pre-net legendary beasts in t16 or they will die before I get a net out even w/ Incaoe.

For the second, I would agree, but that requires a ton of switching and I am usually gearing around the life that I get from the rare jewels. In addition to the jewels, it also would require a helm swap, which simply isnt required.
"
BeerLeague wrote:
For the first one, phys to lightning and added fire are not in the top 5 either, hell, they usually are not even in the top 8 unless you have global pen enchant on your boots and are running double shaper weapons with pen on them and even then, Hypothermia or cold pen will be better.

With good gear, absolutely. But again, the phys to light and added fire options aren't for people with good gear. They're for fresh characters on a new league, thus wearing garbage.

Added fire tends to be better than phys to light. When I was doing the lowbie thing at league start I would swap phys to light in for phys reflect maps, but it was controlled destruction otherwise. 5L soul-mantle was (in order of precedence):
GC + Conc + Hypo + Added Fire + Controlled/P2L

"
Also, this build does such a ridiculous amount of dps even with double Doryanis that boss damage should always be your primary concern (with the exception of conc/inc swaps). You are going to one shot rares and packs everytime anyway. Hell, I have to pre-net legendary beasts in t16 or they will die before I get a net out even w/ Incaoe.

Bosses up through T15 also die instantly, so there's no real reason to optimize for them, either. The main focus of my mapping gear is larger AoE (long winters) and better mobility (move speed boots with 4-link lightning warp).

"
For the second, I would agree, but that requires a ton of switching and I am usually gearing around the life that I get from the rare jewels. In addition to the jewels, it also would require a helm swap, which simply isnt required.

I don't mean swapping before the boss every time in a map. I mean actual bossing, farming uber atziri, shaper, guardians, uber elder. For that I don't mind doing a few swaps, because I'm generally going to be mapping all night if I'm mapping, or bossing all night if I'm bossing, or w/e.
When I mentioned Phys to Lightning (and also Added Fire), it was meant as leveling/league starter.
"
Sageone wrote:
When I mentioned Phys to Lightning (and also Added Fire), it was meant as leveling/league starter.

For leveling its fine, but after you get to 60 or so, there are better gems
First I will like to say a BIG thank you for the sharing this nice build. I really enjoy it.
And second, one stupid question maybe, (don't judge me too hard, but I'm the worst player in POE.)
How to activate (is it possible) Spirit burst on Lightpoacher helm? :)
Thank you in advance
"
gettattoo wrote:
First I will like to say a BIG thank you for the sharing this nice build. I really enjoy it.
And second, one stupid question maybe, (don't judge me too hard, but I'm the worst player in POE.)
How to activate (is it possible) Spirit burst on Lightpoacher helm? :)
Thank you in advance

We don't activate it on this build unless we cull with WB/SC. The reason for the helm is that it is both the best offensive and defensive option due to 2x gem sockets. Also, a rare helm could be used just fine.
it says under the final tree that there is still 15 points left to spend.

i just hit the point where i have all nodes in tree now.

where do i put that last 15 points? ps. paste bin doesnt work for me :/

"
headcheese wrote:
it says under the final tree that there is still 15 points left to spend.

i just hit the point where i have all nodes in tree now.

where do i put that last 15 points? ps. paste bin doesnt work for me :/

Should only be 8 points left over, use it to fill out w/ more mana nodes near the tree as we have already taken all of the DPS nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info