[3.2] Hierophant/Scion GC Totems - Fully Optimized COMPLETE Uber Elder down

New gloves crafted, setting up a speed farming build.

Just this alone made a huge QoL improvment. Still trying to get better Fingerless gloves with an insanity craft.
I'm new to totem builds but am liking it a lot so far.

Dumb question - what is the difference between Attack Speed and Cast Speed for this build?

Also, sorry if I missed it, but what do you suggest for Pantheon?
"
Zegelmorph wrote:
I'm new to totem builds but am liking it a lot so far.

Dumb question - what is the difference between Attack Speed and Cast Speed for this build?

Also, sorry if I missed it, but what do you suggest for Pantheon?

Attack speed for movement skills (Whirling Blades / Shield Charge), it doesnt add to your DPS, but adds to your clear speed. For cast speed, it adds to your DPS and it is actually quite a nice stat for us, but hard to get in any real quantity aside from amulet.

IMO - attack speed, or attack+cast speed is far better on gloves than is straight cast speed. The build already does a crazy amount of dps, but always could use more movement around the map.

For Pathneons:

Brine King for bossing, Lunaris for mapping.

For minor, nothing is really amazing, but I prefer Garukhan for the MS.
I change my minor god around a fair amount, but the ones I use the most are:

Shakari for poison immunity (mostly on poison maps)
Ryslatha for "infinite" life flasks on big bosses
Garukhan for sometimes move speed (though with whirling blades instead of shield charge, this makes very little difference)
"
I change my minor god around a fair amount, but the ones I use the most are:

Shakari for poison immunity (mostly on poison maps)
Ryslatha for "infinite" life flasks on big bosses
Garukhan for sometimes move speed (though with whirling blades instead of shield charge, this makes very little difference)

Aye, good advise. I would say I don't change the minor one enough, but having more options is always good.

Still testing things out for a speed-ier build, working on adding

Right now and swaping up rings and self flag to get super tanky, don't need the dps except for shaper/uber elder anyway. Will post on results
Hey, I just wanted to post that I love this variation of GC Totems. Thank you so much for making the guide! I just killed Shaper on it, would have been deathless except for wife aggro at the wrong time. Having a fantastic time on it!
"
Kalukula wrote:
Hey, I just wanted to post that I love this variation of GC Totems. Thank you so much for making the guide! I just killed Shaper on it, would have been deathless except for wife aggro at the wrong time. Having a fantastic time on it!

Much appreciated!
My goal is Shaper this league with this build. I just wanted to mention that for the conversion early on, Phys to Lightning is an option that adds quite a bit of DPS.
"
Sageone wrote:
My goal is Shaper this league with this build. I just wanted to mention that for the conversion early on, Phys to Lightning is an option that adds quite a bit of DPS.

Phys to lightning looks good on your paper dps, but is actually much worse in terms of real dps than other options, unless you are talking about while leveling.
"
BeerLeague wrote:
"
Sageone wrote:

Phys to lightning looks good on your paper dps, but is actually much worse in terms of real dps than other options, unless you are talking about while leveling.

If you're running phys to light, you're not running cold pen. It is a fine low-gear-level option. So is added fire.

Not full-converting is also fine by the way. We're not inquisitors or anything, we don't actually need all of our damage to be elemental. There's a little bit of ele scaling in tree, and maybe a little more if you have a scepter as one of your weapons, but not enough to worry a huge amount about it while you're at the bottom end of the gear curve.

Changing my long winters to yellow jewels with two damage stats actually RAISES my dps (PoB, not just tooltip). I still like the long winters for mapping, but again the full convert is merely "nice" and not mandatory. Obviously you don't run cold pen if you're not full converting though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info