[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

"
Hainooby wrote:
Hi kira1414. Thanks for your answer for my last comment ^^ After changed all the gems u said, my area of effect improved a lot ^^
But i have another question, my dps still low even i change almost all of my gems to awakened gems, my dps only 60k - 100k. It make me hard to kill bosses. Is there anyway to improve it ?

For bossing, you will switch Ignite Proliferation to Concentrated and Combustion to Elemental Focus. That will give you more damage.

Also, your chance to hit is too low. It is only at 70%. You want it to be at least 90%. Just getting 900 accurancy on your gears (rings, gloves) and you will see a huge increase in your damage.

You will also want Warlord gloves with Culling Strike and curse on hit ring.

Your cluster jewel needs a replacement. Get physical / attack % large jewel. They provide more damage.

For medium jewel, Master of Fear is a really good passive. Couple that with Curse on hit ring (see recommended rares) and you will have free intimidate.

Mender's Wellspring is really good passive as it allows you to switch your life flask to Blood of Karui.

Small jewel will just to go for life %.

Lastly, you can consider switching to Cyclone as it has better single target than Consecrated Path.

"
intothefiord wrote:
Hi,
Thank for the great build. I'm enjoying it.
However, i'm currently at lv81 but still struggling hard with red map bosses and conquerors, as well as can't kill atziri queen.
My damage is subpar, can clear mobs in map, but bosses are different stories. In terms of survivability, i'm not so tanky and still can be one shot anytime by random mobs, i'm too afraid of delirium mirror in all my mapping experience.
On pob, ur Dps is around 97k while mine is only around 4k even i spent a bit on gears.

Can you help me with some comments and tips?

You need 6L on your chest. That is 40% missing damage.

In the meantime, you can replace Pulverize with Rage and use Berserk on boss when you have 50 stacks of rage.

Get more chaos resist. POE now requires players to have good chaos resist or they will die from random 1 shot. You can use Soul of Arakaali to compensate.

Drop Red Dream and use a medium ring Thread of Hope (see TOH section) near Golem's Blood. You can pick up Discipline of the Unyielding + Slaughter without pathing to them.

You don't need Diamond flask. Use Taste of Hate instead.

Roll anti-curse on your granite flask.

A rare elder amulet will give you more damage (see recommended gears).

Get Watcher's Eye with Gain #% physical as extra fire (don't get the wrong one).

And run /passives in your chat window. It appears that you are missing a free skill point.
"
kira1414 wrote:

Use Bubbling Divine life flask of Staunching. That gives better heal.

Use anti-curse granite flask instead of Lion's Roar (only for end game bosses).

Use anti-freeze quicksilver flask.

You want 20/20 on your gems. You can flip your 20/0 gems by vendoring them with 1 gemcutter prism each. You will get 1/20 gem back from the vendor. Don't worry on losing damage. Leveling them back to 19 will just take a short while.

Use Warlord influnced spike gloves with Culling Strike (see recommended rares).

Use Soul Tether belt.

Instead of Flammability Impresence, a curse on hit ring (see recommended rares) will be better. Use elder rare amulet instead (see recommended gears for reference).

For Carcass coloring, use 3 red bench crafting to get 4R1B1G. It gives the highest chance to hit that color combination.

The best end game chest would be Crusader exploding chest (see recommended rares).

Use Combustion instead of Elemental Focus in your axe. See above reply for explanation.

Thanks a lot for the tips, much appreciated. got most of my gems to 20% quality and already seeing some improvement even though they are level 15ish atm. fixing my flasks aswell atm, since that is cheap.

I have a question on that, though. So the regular granite +curse removal is better for maps even when they dont have a curse? Does it have something to do with Lions roar knocking enemies away from the molten strike? Because it does give a damage increase modifier, so I thought its better unless you are cursed.

Also about the Soul tether belt, what makes it so good for the build? My abyssal belt has so much life and resists on it, that I would need to drastically change all my setup to stay capped.

Also, which one of the suggested dmg upgrades would you prioritize? All of them seem super expensive at like 10+ exalts.Like gloves or the armor. Are there some options that could give me a damage increase in some 2/3 exalt range, that I could use a placeholder?

Also, about watchers eye. Is it worthwhile getting it if it only has the Physical dmg to fire under Anger buff, but without the fire resistance down?
The difference in price is around 20 exalts.

And about chaos resist. how important is it now? mine is extremely low and Im seeing different opinions on it. Should I go out of my way to at least try and get it to postive?
Last edited by deagl333 on Apr 1, 2020, 10:02:38 AM
Gentle reminder.

Can u pls check my character for any tips?
thank bro!
Just chiming in to say that this build is amazing.

I'm slashing through red maps regardless of tiers and Delirium maps is no challenge to this build.

I ripped on Sirius because i'm a stupid noob, but his health went down so quickly. Just ripped in last phase to his DIE!!!!! beam.

I love how this build is so easy to obtain through self-crafting. I have spent ~ 6 ex max on this build With 3 on them just crafting multimod + leech dmg on the gloves.

Still alot of improvements to do, but mostly justy QOL and not ripping so much. But im starting to just accept dying sometimes :)

Here is my current gear.

Last edited by LesserForms on Apr 2, 2020, 7:54:05 AM
"
deagl333 wrote:

Thanks a lot for the tips, much appreciated. got most of my gems to 20% quality and already seeing some improvement even though they are level 15ish atm. fixing my flasks aswell atm, since that is cheap.

I have a question on that, though. So the regular granite +curse removal is better for maps even when they dont have a curse? Does it have something to do with Lions roar knocking enemies away from the molten strike? Because it does give a damage increase modifier, so I thought its better unless you are cursed.

Also about the Soul tether belt, what makes it so good for the build? My abyssal belt has so much life and resists on it, that I would need to drastically change all my setup to stay capped.

Also, which one of the suggested dmg upgrades would you prioritize? All of them seem super expensive at like 10+ exalts.Like gloves or the armor. Are there some options that could give me a damage increase in some 2/3 exalt range, that I could use a placeholder?

Also, about watchers eye. Is it worthwhile getting it if it only has the Physical dmg to fire under Anger buff, but without the fire resistance down?
The difference in price is around 20 exalts.

And about chaos resist. how important is it now? mine is extremely low and Im seeing different opinions on it. Should I go out of my way to at least try and get it to postive?

Yes. I just stick to the regular granite flask even though the anti-curse is not useful in a non curse map. The armor is still good. It will be too much a hassle to swap to another regular granite flask based on map mods.

Soul Tether greatly improves the survivability because of the overleech. You can try it. If you feel that you don't need it, can just swap it for a rare belt.

6L Crusader chest with exploding mod will be the best upgrade. The map clear speed is absolutely insane with that.

Warlord gloves just need to have culling strike rolled on it. You can try crafting one. You don't have to go for spiked gloves (though recommended).

Watcher's Eye with Gain #% physical as extra fire (don't get the wrong one) definitely good even if that is the only useful mod on the jewel.

I would suggest to at least get your chaos resist close to 0% and use Soul of Arakaali.

"
Gentle reminder.

Can u pls check my character for any tips?
thank bro!

Oh I have already replied to your post a few days back:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2092338/page/130#p23057263

"
LesserForms wrote:
Just chiming in to say that this build is amazing.

I'm slashing through red maps regardless of tiers and Delirium maps is no challenge to this build.

I ripped on Sirius because i'm a stupid noob, but his health went down so quickly. Just ripped in last phase to his DIE!!!!! beam.

I love how this build is so easy to obtain through self-crafting. I have spent ~ 6 ex max on this build With 3 on them just crafting multimod + leech dmg on the gloves.

Still alot of improvements to do, but mostly justy QOL and not ripping so much. But im starting to just accept dying sometimes :)

Here is my current gear.
Spoiler

Glad you are enjoying the build. :)

Since your gloves have Culling Strike, you can switch Culling Strike on your boots to Multitotem gem.

Remember, 20/20 your gems. That is some free damage over there. You can use the vendor recipe to flip the gem from 20/0 to 1/20 and re-level them (it won't take long to get the gem to level 19).
"
kira1414 wrote:
[
Yes. I just stick to the regular granite flask even though the anti-curse is not useful in a non curse map. The armor is still good. It will be too much a hassle to swap to another regular granite flask based on map mods.

Soul Tether greatly improves the survivability because of the overleech. You can try it. If you feel that you don't need it, can just swap it for a rare belt.

6L Crusader chest with exploding mod will be the best upgrade. The map clear speed is absolutely insane with that.

Warlord gloves just need to have culling strike rolled on it. You can try crafting one. You don't have to go for spiked gloves (though recommended).

Watcher's Eye with Gain #% physical as extra fire (don't get the wrong one) definitely good even if that is the only useful mod on the jewel.

I would suggest to at least get your chaos resist close to 0% and use Soul of Arakaali.

Thanks again! Tried out some T15 and T16 maps for the first time in my life and actually completed them. Even killed some Elder influenced enslaver(No clue who that is lol) which came from a Zana mission in a map. Having a blast.

But yea, while I have no issues in general clearing and stuff, boss damage feels a bit lacking, took me ages and multiple deaths to kill the enslaver. Mostly because I had no clue what his abilities do, so I just kept cycloning around him and hoped for the best.

Im guessing that rage support gem is pretty important for boss damage, and the first major change I should do is getting those 4 red sockets on my armor. Just need to find that stupid 3 same color recipe from the mines.

And about the ammy. I managed to get something like this -

would it be better than my flammability impressence even if I dont find a + curse ring? And is there something that I can do to improve that ammy I have?

Hey really enjoying the build so far, i can farm low red maps comfortably, but i still feel kinda squishy in t15's and also sometimes die to Izaro, any tips how i should upgrade my Character next?
I rolled this build as a jugger because i'm sick of dying in deliriums. and i still feel squishy somehow, but i think it's just this league, i rolled tankier than i usually ever do, skipped a few leagues though and i think poe has just evolved into this one shot madness. flasked w/ end charges easily hit 90% phys reduction, 76/146 75/129 75/127 resistances, i really don't know what i could do to tank up more. I wanna roll reds 100% delirius or 20/20 simulacrum, i got to 19/20 but those bosses just take forever and if i slip up can STILL get one shot by them, it's insane.
I have changed my build to cyclone instead of consecrated path and my gloves has culling strike too :D its very strong actually ^^ tysm. But i still have problem with bossing in map tier 11+.Btw can you check my character and give me some advice to make him stronger ? :D im looking forward to hearing from you.
"
deagl333 wrote:

Thanks again! Tried out some T15 and T16 maps for the first time in my life and actually completed them. Even killed some Elder influenced enslaver(No clue who that is lol) which came from a Zana mission in a map. Having a blast.

But yea, while I have no issues in general clearing and stuff, boss damage feels a bit lacking, took me ages and multiple deaths to kill the enslaver. Mostly because I had no clue what his abilities do, so I just kept cycloning around him and hoped for the best.

Im guessing that rage support gem is pretty important for boss damage, and the first major change I should do is getting those 4 red sockets on my armor. Just need to find that stupid 3 same color recipe from the mines.

And about the ammy. I managed to get something like this -

would it be better than my flammability impressence even if I dont find a + curse ring? And is there something that I can do to improve that ammy I have?

Learning end game bosses mechanics will definitely make the fight in the future easier. You can watch some youtube videos to learn their attacks and how to avoid them.

Your next big upgrade will be getting that Crusader exploding chest.

You will want to use Warlord gloves with culling strike.

Your amulet is great, a pity that it is missing life roll... It will give you more damage than running Impresence as you can simply replace that with a curse on hit ring with Flammability.

Next, you can also replace Pulverize with Awakened Melee Physical.

Medium ring Thread of Hope will also be another upgrade path for you.

"
Muddaawwsome wrote:
Hey really enjoying the build so far, i can farm low red maps comfortably, but i still feel kinda squishy in t15's and also sometimes die to Izaro, any tips how i should upgrade my Character next?

Your life pool of 5200+ is too low for your level. You will want to get it to 6000 at level 90. This can be achieved by getting high life rolls on all your rare slots.

Getting 3 more levels and you will be able to put these skill points into Quick Recovery.

Replace your Lion's Roar with anti-curse granite flask. You only use Lion's Roar for end game bosses.

Bubbling Divine life flask of Staunching will have better healing and have better synergy when it comes to handling of bloody situation.

You will want to get your chaos resist into positive region. Most rips noawadays are due to chaos damage. On top of that, you can run Soul of Arakaali on top to improve your chaos resistance.

20/20 your gems for free damage upgrade.

Crusader exploding chest (see recommended rares) will be huge upgrade to your dps too.

Get a pair of Warlord gloves (see recommended rare) with Culling Strike.

"
Irra_set wrote:
I rolled this build as a jugger because i'm sick of dying in deliriums. and i still feel squishy somehow, but i think it's just this league, i rolled tankier than i usually ever do, skipped a few leagues though and i think poe has just evolved into this one shot madness. flasked w/ end charges easily hit 90% phys reduction, 76/146 75/129 75/127 resistances, i really don't know what i could do to tank up more. I wanna roll reds 100% delirius or 20/20 simulacrum, i got to 19/20 but those bosses just take forever and if i slip up can STILL get one shot by them, it's insane.

Instead of Unbreakable, I recommend running Unstoppable for your ascendancy.

I don't see Berserk gem in your setup. You will definitely want to use that to get a temporary boost during boss fight by consuming the rage stacks.

Look into getting a Crusader exploding chest as that will be your next upgrade.

Try out Soul Tether belt. It greatly improves your life leech rate.

Bubbling Divine life flask of Staunching is better for healing.

I would replace Basalt flask with quick silver flask.

You are using Molten Shell with Immortal Call. You will want Vaal Molten Shell instead. Vaal Molten Shell is very useful during tough situation as it can absorb a huge amount of damage.

"
Hainooby wrote:
I have changed my build to cyclone instead of consecrated path and my gloves has culling strike too :D its very strong actually ^^ tysm. But i still have problem with bossing in map tier 11+.Btw can you check my character and give me some advice to make him stronger ? :D im looking forward to hearing from you.

That pair of gloves you have there is extremely rare as it hit all 3 desired damage mod. A pity it is missing the life roll on it...

Get Crusader exploding chest (see recommended rares) as your next big upgrade.

Get curse on hit ring with Flammability.

You can drop Titanic Impact from the skill tree. You are not benefiting much from it.

Soul Tether belt provide huge survivability but your life pool will take a hit. You can upgrade your rare slots to provide higher life roll to compensate the belt replacement.

Getting more levels and jewels with life rolls will also help to improve your life pool.

And of course, the Watcher's Eye that gain #% physical as extra fire while affected by anger (don't get the wrong one) will also provide more damage for you.

Don't forget to use Berserk during boss fight. With 50 stack of rages, it will be easier for you to kill the boss. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info