[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
Immow wrote:
I 5 linked my shavs, can I use this and later get a 6link?

That's what people usually do, yeah.
Now that we know the Doryani boots can roll non-fire damage with level 25 PoF. Would it be a nice subsitute before getting to Death's Door + lv 21 PoF?
"
SheolFear wrote:
Now that we know the Doryani boots can roll non-fire damage with level 25 PoF. Would it be a nice subsitute before getting to Death's Door + lv 21 PoF?

You will have mana reservation issues unless you play enlighten 4 and a specific tree. And if you have the budget for Enlighten 4, you should have the budget for a realy well rolled pair of Sin Trek or some rare Sorcerer boots.

Rest of the stats of those boots are not worth it imo.
https://pastebin.com/x3rDWGnt

i need heklp

im able to take down uber Elder but my DPS is 1/3 of his and i have no clue why! i need help figuring out what i did wrong. tree is the same and all boxes are checked same as his. please send nudes.... i mean help! lol
Last edited by DeathMedlc on Sep 10, 2018, 12:35:51 AM
Is this build meant to have positive ES regen without an active Ruby flask? Or Time of Need's on cycle?

Edit: nvm, I see some things I was missing on the tree. I am curious how much positive regen folks have without a relevant Watcher's Eye or a Ruby Flask up, still.
Last edited by Riusaldregan on Sep 10, 2018, 1:08:25 AM
"
DeathMedlc wrote:
https://pastebin.com/x3rDWGnt

i need heklp

im able to take down uber Elder but my DPS is 1/3 of his and i have no clue why! i need help figuring out what i did wrong. tree is the same and all boxes are checked same as his. please send nudes.... i mean help! lol

If you want to understand why zzang have higher dps than you, then it's not extremly hard :
Open 2 PoB instance, the first with your character, the second with zzang Uber Elder template.
Check mark exactly the same flasks in 'Inventory' and options in 'Configuration' sheet.

Then go in 'Calcs' for each character and select the same skill.
Then check out the orange board with the dps on the top. You should get this for you and for zzang :
Spoiler

Here, you have the total of each %increased and %more your skill get.
If you pass your mouse cursor on %increased and %more in each section, you should see the detail of each buff from stuff and skill tree.

So for your problem, if we look about Righteous Fire difference dps we can see :
- You have 143% general increase dmg vs 244% for zzang ;
- 54% more general vs 55% (if you check in detail you will see it's the difference between a lvl 20 Conc effect vs a lvl 21) ;
- 362% inc fire for you vs 335% for him ;
- 221% more fire for you vs 226% for him ;
- - You have x 1.34 effective dps mods vs x 2.175 for him.
So from this we can see that zzang have an extra total of 75% increase dmg and 6% more dmg. This is the first part of the explaination.
Now what is important is to look about the base dmg of RF.

Quick reminder about how RF works :
"Enemies Burn for 40% of your maximum Life per second as Fire Damage
Enemies Burn for 40% of your maximum Energy Shield per second as Fire Damage"
So here, for you we have : 40% of 1738 hp and 40% 13341 ES = a total base dmg of 6031.6 dmg .
And for zzang we have : 40% of 2005 hp and 40% of 17010 ES = 7606 dmg.

So basicaly, by having way more ES and life than you do, and by having a lot of extra %inc & more dmg zzang dps in RF is way higher than yours.

For Scorching Ray the process is exactly the same.
Spoiler

- You have 195% general inc dmg vs 306% for him ;
- You have 3176% more general dmg vs 1958% for him ;
- You have 362% inc fire dmg vs 235% for him ;
- You have 221% more fire dmg vs 230% for him ;
- You have x 1.34 effective dps mods vs x 2.175 for him.

For Scorching Ray, you have more buff than him. But this is mainly because you are not playing the same gem setup.
And this is mostly because you are playing a lvl 20/20 Scorching Ray while he is playing a lvl 26 Scorching Ray. And this is why he do so much more dmg than you. Your base dmg from SR is 388.3 dps while his base dps is 757.6.

To be a bit clear, your base dmg when you use a spell is fonction of the lvl of your spell gem, because contrary to attack skill who is highly dependant of your weapon dps, spells provide the flat dmg that will be used for dps calculation. So the higher level your spell gem will be, the higher flat dmg you will have, and so, the higher dps you will get.

Having a lvl 21/20 SR gem add a lot of dps, and supporting it with a +1 corruption armor, and Empower 4 can almost double the base dmg of the spell. As an example, this is why Frostferno was used last league with Elemental Hit, because it provide a huge +skill lvl to the gem that will improve the flat base dmg by a lot.

To make all of this short :
- For RF, you lake of ES and life. Your stuff is far from beeing mini maxed like zzang's one ;
- For SR, you are playing a lvl 20 SR while zzang play a lvl 26 SR ;
- You don't play Witchfire brew flask which works as a multiplicative bonus ;
- You miss 6 level which provide a lot of extra ES (and so, a lot of RF dmg) ...

For more details always go in 'Calcs' sheet, and compare all the buff you have and all buff the other build have. And keep in mind you also need to be carefull about how skills works to understand clearly a big difference in terme of dps.

PS : options checkmarked by zzang are not the real effective dps in Uber Elder fight.
First, you will need to set the ligne 'Is the ennemi a Boss ?' to 'Shaper/Guardian', then uncheck flasks buff in inventory sheet, and uncheck 'Are you on a Consecrated Ground ?' ligne if it's checkmarked.
Like this you should have a more accurate dps for the build.

"
Riusaldregan wrote:
Is this build meant to have positive ES regen without an active Ruby flask? Or Time of Need's on cycle?

Edit: nvm, I see some things I was missing on the tree. I am curious how much positive regen folks have without a relevant Watcher's Eye or a Ruby Flask up, still.

Your question need a quick clarification on which buff we should checkmark and what we need to uncheck.

If you want to evaluate your regen in a RF build, you need to consider buff that you should have in any situation, and do not consider temporary or situationnal buffs. So we should not checkmarked :
- Vaal auras ;
- Flasks ;
- Boots regen enchantement buff ;
- Consider Time of Need buff (but on PoB it's not a problem while this buff isn't visible) ;
- Consecrated Ground buff.
All those buffs are extremly situationnal or temporary, so you should ne be able to keep them up for the duration of a whole end game boss fight. Some can be up most of the time (like boots enchant buff) but, to have a clear view about the build, keeping them unchecked is better imo
So basicaly, the only buff that we should consider is normal auras, and RF (obviously, otherwise we will not be able to see if we can sustain RF).

In this situation, without a Watcher's eye that will buff your regen, having something like 300 life regen at lvl 90+ start to be confortable for most of situation (maping in red tier, etc.). Personnaly I feel realy confortable when I start to have 600+ regen (especialy for T15+).
If you have a Watcher's eye that buff your regen, you can look for 600+ for base regen or 1000+ if you want to be as confortable as I do. Or you can chose to take a tree that focus more on getting ES thant regen, and then stay at 300+ as a minimum regen, and feel confortable at 600+ regen. It's more or less a personnal choice.

Keep in mind that for most difficult fight like Uber Elder, the fight will be extremly hard if you don't play with at very least 500+ regen.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Sep 10, 2018, 5:11:54 AM
Thanks for those regen threshold numbers! I have noticed that there's a point of Regen% gained from the tree where adding more ES increases net regen rather than decreasing it, so that is good.

I'm still leveling but I've got most of my gear ready for the switchover at/around 68. Is there a good 3.4 tree available for that point in time? I feel like that'd be very handy.
"
Riusaldregan wrote:
Thanks for those regen threshold numbers! I have noticed that there's a point of Regen% gained from the tree where adding more ES increases net regen rather than decreasing it, so that is good.

I'm still leveling but I've got most of my gear ready for the switchover at/around 68. Is there a good 3.4 tree available for that point in time? I feel like that'd be very handy.

It depend on your level of stuff, and on how far you want to push the build.

For a budget stuff, I would go for something like this (lvl 90) :

With a 30-40ex budget stuff, with a Clarity Watcher Eye I would go for something like this (lvl 92+) :

With a 100-150ex budget stuff, so with a Clarity Watcher Eye with a regen secondary mod you can take OP Uber Elder tree. Or start to do a mix of his tree and the one for 30-40ex stuff.

NB : You go for Oak while leveling and when you reach lvl 90 with a correct stuff, you switch the reward to 2 passives.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Sep 10, 2018, 2:39:38 PM
"

In this situation, without a Watcher's eye that will buff your regen, having something like 300 life regen at lvl 90+ start to be confortable for most of situation (maping in red tier, etc.). Personnaly I feel realy confortable when I start to have 600+ regen (especialy for T15+).
If you have a Watcher's eye that buff your regen, you can look for 600+ for base regen or 1000+ if you want to be as confortable as I do. Or you can chose to take a tree that focus more on getting ES thant regen, and then stay at 300+ as a minimum regen, and feel confortable at 600+ regen. It's more or less a personnal choice.

Keep in mind that for most difficult fight like Uber Elder, the fight will be extremly hard if you don't play with at very least 500+ regen.

Sorry if it's obvious to you, but which stat are you talking about, exactly? The one called "Net Life Regen" in PoB (the one the OP has over 1600 of)?

In game I can't see the "life regen" stat, I think it's due to Zealoth's Oath.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
Sorry if it's obvious to you, but which stat are you talking about, exactly? The one called "Net Life Regen" in PoB (the one the OP has over 1600 of)?

In game I can't see the "life regen" stat, I think it's due to Zealoth's Oath.

Yes I'm talking about the "Net Life Regen" ligne which is in the group of stats with "Total degen". The "net life regen" show your final regen after applying all kind of debuff you can checkmark in PoB.

If you didn't checkmarked "Enable" for Righteous Fire in Skill sheetyou will not see how much net regen you have after the degen from RF.
Zealoth Oath can also fuck up everything if you didn't took it yet in your tree. Then you will have a "Life regen" line in the group of stats related to life, and a group with "Total degen" with the "Net life regen" ligne.

Note : zzang have +559 Net life regen in reality. He just chekmarked many temporary or situationnal buff (flasks, boots enchant buff). He can get this amount of regen with his tree because he has an extremly good watcher's eye (clarity mana conversion in ES + flat life regen with vitality).
If you don't have such powerfull watcher's eye for your build, you should probably look for a slightly different tree, in order to have more net life regen, otherwise you will probably struggle with the RF degen (it's a realy common issue that we see down here).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info