[3.x][Super Heavy Heavy Strike] 2H HS Jug - All Content

"
ZaeN wrote:
New tree, will elaborate in detail later: https://pastebin.com/NSvVxFQw

I've been learning valuable lessons about 3.7 with a HS zerker variant

Jug ascendancies are 3/4 on tank, so building the tree is more straight forward, you can give a lot of focus on damage and utility (especially the latter)

Melee damage in 3.7 is overloaded, mobs are more hard hitting. This means that we can or must offload a lot of points from pure damage and add tank or utility.

Sure we can do a 5-10mil pure glass just to post videos of 1sec deletions but then gl with rolling red map mods and random rips from rares even white mobs.

Parenthesis on melee splash:
Melee splash has changed in 3.7
It is functional with weapon reach/range/radius and has a visual feedback, you will clearly notice many tiny splashes

A strike skill linked with splash will hit everything in weapon range and create multiple splashes

The changes in the tree:
The main change is dropping the historical Disemboweling (melee crit chance & multi) and other nodes like pure leech and the sword aspd/dmg

What has been added are the two clusters for AoE and Sword range+aoe, the guard cluster, the 2h leech+dmg cluster, the fortify effect+dmg cluster.

The maxed range+aoe gives a lot of clearing power

The leech dmg cluster has "Increased total recovery per second". We give up "Maximum total recovery" (something like 1400 vs 1600 life/s) in favour of a "faster" capping like 1.7s vs 2.7

The guard cluster + fortify dmg cluster are for better shell uptime and fortify mitigation.
Also removing ruthless for the buffed fortify is an option regardless of the lost damage.

Thanks!

Are you able to clean up the page 1 a little with adding the newest pob's etc up top ? so we dont have to remember if its page 77 or page 81 i need to find updated stuff in :P

Im playing the jugg version atleast, but confused of what pob to actually follow here.
Last edited by emb on Jun 24, 2019, 9:30:38 PM

Somehow, I found clean speed of this sword amazing. Love frenzy charges it generates, also it have good crit base and add overall speed to character
Tried Kondo's pride sword, but it didnt like it. Act 8 and almost one shooting everything :D Thank you for great buid!
Just tried Red Elder (t14) for the first time this league for the Zana quest. Easy fight but Shaper died...
Do you keep Ancestral Call + Splash for the portals ? It seems required no ?
Last edited by maximewoody on Jun 25, 2019, 5:19:44 AM
Try using Frostwall for this fight, its almost like cheating, but unfortunately required to keep shaper alive unless you have very good gear.
currently scared of huge dmg spikes from enemies.
I have problem with t6 maps...

lvl 72, 87 phy. red. and 77/76/76 res.
Maybe life is a problem ? 2364 life.
Any advice?
Yes life is too low ! You should be around 4000/4500 now.
You need life on every gears.
I have to say if you find a good timeless jewel one could totally build around that. The jewels are outright crazy!
Got 90% increased melee critical strike chance, 10% chance to deal double damage, 20% increased physical damage, 15% critical strike multiplier, 20% burning damage

Melts anything, able to facetank rare corrupted mino slam, shaper slam, izaro, argus

Changed something tho: No more weight of the empire jewels, more jewel slots for more crazy stuff, power charge on critical strike support for heavy strike as aoe setup, vigilant strike as single target deleter

Down below is the well drawn skilltree, red is what i dismissed, purple is what i skilled, yellow is the change i made after reading through the tree again

the jewelslot in the duelist area is definitely perfect for the timeless jewel, mine currently gives me: +114 STR, 5% chance to deal double damage, 20% fire res, 40% armour, 20% increased melee damage, 0,4% life leech, definitely an upgrade for this build.

I'm curious what you mean by "no more weight of the empire jewels, more jewel slots for more crazy stuff".
You have 5 jewel slots, 2 of them are taken by the timeless jewel and a potential watcher's eye. I just crafted a "perfect" (as in, only max rolls) 4 offensive mod jewel in pob and it still adds only half the damage a non-perfect weight of the empire does, so i'm quite interested in what 3 jewels are better than weight of the empire
Last edited by LenaInverse on Jun 27, 2019, 1:30:41 PM
@LenaInverse: Im using vigilant to delete bosses, thus not in need of weight of the empire as i have 32% chance do deal double damage from other sources which also includes heavy strike
#1 15% increased global physical damage, 5% increased attack speed, 7% increased attack speed with swords, 13% increased shock duration on enemies, 5% chance to shock
#2 15% increased global physical damage, 4% increased attack speed, 6% increased attack speed with two handed melee weapons, 10% increased global accuracy rating
#3 the vigil - although i just noticed i can switch that one out for more damge, thanks for pointing that out!
I've changed the tree in pob to look exactly like yours, and tried out a few other things, no matter what i do, heavy strike + double empire always easily beats vigilante + those 2 jewels, even if I already have 32% chance to deal double damage with VS (heavy strike + empire still ~5% more damage).
Where do you get 32% chance for double damage with VS from? 12% from watcher's eye, 10% from lethal pride, are you using a crafted weapon with double damage while focussed?

Apart from that, using either setup (vs or hs), by changing to your tree i lost roughly 5-10% dps (including the bleed dps) and around 900 life.

Would you mind making your character public, so i can take a look at your gear? I'm always looking to improve my character, and i might be missing something to make something like this work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info