[3.1] [Blade flurry] 1 Ex budget frost blades / Blade flurry build, all content viable

What are the best types of prefix/suffixs to aim for in jewel sockets as far as min-maxing go?

I would assume attack speed, % phys damage, crit chance?
"
Blottuh wrote:
Ive been using this build for a while now and Im fairly positive Melee Splash is better than Ele Dmg with Attacks on Frost Blades. The DPS numbers are less but the clear speed is wayy faster, try it out yourself.

I find this true as well
"
Xamwell wrote:
What are the best types of prefix/suffixs to aim for in jewel sockets as far as min-maxing go?

second this. im lost here
"
Xamwell wrote:

I'm at work so i cant POB this atm, but i would think any combination of flat phys to attacks, flat phys to attacks with swords, flat life, crit multi, attack speed, onslaught or unholy might on kill (this one is personal preference) for abyss jewels. %life, crit multi, attack speed on regular jewels

Someone correct me if i m wrong because i'd love to know for certain myself. Also i am assuming we dont need to use the frost blades threshold jewel
You don't want onslaught on the jewels since it overwrites the 20s you get from your ascendencies, I believe Sword Phys %/Phys %/Damage % (2 of these stats), and crit multiplier 16-18% on each jewel is the best.
The base damage oni-goroshi is already very high, so scaling it with % is more efficient. (cheap)
Abyss jewels with phs/phs to swords do work, but they're way more expensive and can't role as high a crit multi (can have life though but those are insanely expensive)
Ex.

Try and get 1-2 blind jewels to

Anyhow I'm doing some slight changes checking out what works, but my current path of building is https://pastebin.com/cVzVaWLK I'm not running abyssus since I kept dying to some high tier abyss where I just got overrun (also why I switched to wild strike, the aoe overlaps enough that I get through the super big packs with it. - need to test melee splash with frost blade though)
And well even without abyssus the damage is pretty wild :D
ign:Cursedflame
Last edited by Cursedflame on Jan 4, 2018, 7:15:41 PM
ok gotta say after trying around i feel like wildstrike is just an overall better skill than frostblades (even if you pair fb with splash). I now only need to use bladeflurry for bosses
I wanted to say thank you for this build! I'm pretty new and I finally was able to clear everything until I unlocked mapping so I finally get to explore that aspect of the game because of it :D <3
Wild strike is far more powerful and like not have to swap weapons for a pesky rare but I prefer the range FB provides.
"
TGGarrett wrote:
Wild strike is far more powerful and like not have to swap weapons for a pesky rare but I prefer the range FB provides.

Agree, I used frost blade all the way up to t14 or so, and while it works I ran into issues that that I sometimes got overrun doing abysses if the map mods were against me (with resistance and the like).

Also remember that wild strike no longer namelocks (requires a target), so if you hold shift and attack the ground you'll still trigger ancestral call shadows at further away distances (almost frost blade distance tbh) which in their turn will hit and chain like normally. (it takes time to get used to tho)
ign:Cursedflame
Last edited by Cursedflame on Jan 4, 2018, 7:10:48 PM
"
Cursedflame wrote:
"
TGGarrett wrote:

Agree, I used frost blade all the way up to t14 or so, and while it works I ran into issues that that I sometimes got overrun doing abysses if the map mods were against me (with resistance and the like).

Also remember that wild strike no longer namelocks (requires a target), so if you hold shift and attack the ground you'll still trigger ancestral call shadows at further away distances (almost frost blade distance tbh) which in their turn will hit and chain like normally. (it takes time to get used to tho)

Good point, I will try that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info