[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

Doesn't spell echo give more dmg than all these subs? Crit strikes or culling or cremation
I can see on path of building that 2 spell echo are better than all subs
More food for thought:

With a perfect Dex roll on Starkonja (70) and 24 from Amulet implicit, you can hit 138 Dex without Precision, Alacrity or Coordination. I did that to save 4 skill points!

"
solitos wrote:
Doesn't spell echo give more dmg than all these subs? Crit strikes or culling or cremation

Spell Echo doesn't work with triggered spells.
Last edited by Zoxjib on Dec 30, 2017, 6:02:19 PM
Thanks for replying that to me.But why the tooltip says more dps if it doesnt work -_-
"
solitos wrote:
Thanks for replying that to me.But why the tooltip says more dps if it doesnt work -_-

are u looking at frenzy tooltip? it works with frenzy but its not our dmg source (just a way to spawn orbs and get charges), we are playing with volatile dead ;)

edit: bullshit, i have mistaken users and thought he was talking about flat dmg to attacks on rings.
Last edited by suitonek on Dec 30, 2017, 9:18:45 PM
i m looking at volatile dead ofc.I know it doesnt trigger with spawning double time the 3 balls , but the detonate seems to work since path of building as well gives a huge amount of dps difference
Can you check it as well and reply? i dont think i m doing anything wrong
"
solitos wrote:

PoB thinks you're manually casting VD for whatever reason so it adds the bonuses from Spell Echo to the DPS even though in reality this is not the case.
So the ingame tooltip is wrong as well ? because tooltip in game for volatile power says 32000 dmg with critical gem , and when swapping to spell echo shows 42.000
"
solitos wrote:
So the ingame tooltip is wrong as well ? because tooltip in game for volatile power says 32000 dmg with critical gem , and when swapping to spell echo shows 42.000

Yes its wrong. Thats not how spell echo works.
"
"
weoilikeher wrote:
so how do you deal with phys reflect again ? would be a shame if we cant run both reflect

We run phys. Reflect easily tbh...

"
suitonek wrote:
Hey guys how it is VD 40% dmg vs nerfed 1 extra body? the cost is like 1ex vs 20ex and is that really only extra corpse worth effort?

40% additive damage vs 33% multiplicative damage.

Means +1 is really way better than 40% more. Check my maths and explaination like 10pages ago.

Also it's not 20ex but more like 5-10 iirc.

I just killed myself with unearth before VD can appear tho
Phys reflect is tricky, you have to cast your Unearth away from mobs.

I'm thinking there's a few small modifications you can do make it easier too:

1) Use Phys to Lightning in your Unearth link
2) Use Arctic Armour instead of Herald of Ice
3) Use Soul of Yugul instead of Soul of Shakari

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info