[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

"
adddemon wrote:
maby i just dont know what im doing but i die constantly with this build. is there something im missing in regards to doing higher level maps?

PoB tells me you have 72 points spent and that you need lvl 47 to get that. Your are missing 22Points(your lvl 69-47=22). That is roughly the right side of tree. That gives you ~100% more damage. I think that is the reason you don't have enough damage and thus leech. Have you skipped all quests that give you a book of skill or something?
Last edited by cuchio on Dec 30, 2017, 1:10:53 PM
Any tips fot Atziri? I keep getting killed by the mirror since I can't really control where Volatile Dead hits.
Yes, don't do Atziri with a skill that you can't control. :facepalm:
"
"
McPumpkin wrote:
How come theres so little use of The Wise Oak in these builds? Is there something I'm missing? Edit - Ok I re-read the guide and it mentions Oak, but not what flask to replace. Should we trade Atziri's Promise for Wise Oak or run both?

You don't need Wise Oak because you're an Inquisitor and have 100% resist penetration when critting.

Sorry, I'm running the Scion version, I accidentally edited out that part. So if we're Scion should we be dropping Promise for Oak or dropping one of the other flasks?
Hey guys i have a question. Is Inc crit really better with VD? According to pob my dps with elemental focus is way higher. Effective Crit 62.05% with diamond flask (69.09% with power charges).Inc. crit gives way lower dps in pob, but 82.24% effective crit with diamond (88.62% with power charges). I understand that with inquisitor crit is very important, but do i really need almost 90%? isnt it overkill? Would love to hear from someone more experienced and better in theorycrafting cause i believe i sux myself :(
Here is my pob: https://pastebin.com/7nn5LBCd
Last edited by suitonek on Dec 30, 2017, 3:25:27 PM
"
McPumpkin wrote:
"
"
McPumpkin wrote:
How come theres so little use of The Wise Oak in these builds? Is there something I'm missing? Edit - Ok I re-read the guide and it mentions Oak, but not what flask to replace. Should we trade Atziri's Promise for Wise Oak or run both?

You don't need Wise Oak because you're an Inquisitor and have 100% resist penetration when critting.

Sorry, I'm running the Scion version, I accidentally edited out that part. So if we're Scion should we be dropping Promise for Oak or dropping one of the other flasks?

If you're a Scion you should reroll to an Inquisitor. :p

I have no idea about Scion. Frankly, Inquisitor is better in every way and there's multiple ways to leech without Watcher's Eye - Mokou's Embrace + Eye of Innocence, LGOH linked to Frenzy and/or a Shaper ring with Wardlord's Mark and dual cursing. Using multiple ways is great too, the build has enough damage.

-EDIT: 15% elemental penetration from Wise Oak vs. 100% elemental penetration from Inquisitor..... I'd probably not try to go crit if I wasn't Inquisitor.
Last edited by Zoxjib on Dec 30, 2017, 3:47:49 PM
Hi guys that's my POB link if someone can tell me what i have to improve i will be grateful. Because i'm running out of ideas. Cheers

https://pastebin.com/YQ3jpCG3
"
Vajnel wrote:
Hi guys that's my POB link if someone can tell me what i have to improve i will be grateful. Because i'm running out of ideas. Cheers

https://pastebin.com/YQ3jpCG3

Almost 4.5 aps w/o frenzy and onslaught is way too much. u should aim for about 4aps with frenzy if i am right. Another thing is crafts on your rings +x to attacks doesnt work with volatile dead. u need +x to spells. I would sacrifice some health for dmg aswell in your passives, Heart of flame for example. Try to get some opal rings.
Last edited by suitonek on Dec 30, 2017, 4:30:09 PM
Great build, thanks for sharing.
Last edited by Mathorg on Dec 30, 2017, 5:13:44 PM
"
Mathorg wrote:
Did not read through the thread. But after a bit of testing i came to the conclusion you are wasting potential with that gem setup.

You are suggesting:

Volatile Dead - Conc Effect - Inc Critical Strikes / Elemental Focus
Unearth - Greater Multiple Projectiles, Cremation

This is what happens with this setup:
First attack:
Triggers VD and Unearth. VD does nothing, as there are no corpse yet, UE creates 4 corpse

I have written that a few posts before;) But you create 5 corpses, not 4...

"
Mathorg wrote:

Or i am fooling around with VD+Raise Zombie and Unearth and cremation in second weapon.
Like this Zombies get raised right where I need them and they really help with taking almost every aggro.

Well but with that setup you need 8aps to get the full potential. I would just use the culling setup or replace bodyswap with pc on crit or something else(if you don't want to change colours) for bosses.

Edited:
Oh you edited your post...
Last edited by cuchio on Dec 30, 2017, 5:22:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info