[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

"

"
suitonek wrote:
Hey guys how it is VD 40% dmg vs nerfed 1 extra body? the cost is like 1ex vs 20ex and is that really only extra corpse worth effort?

40% additive damage vs 33% multiplicative damage.

Means +1 is really way better than 40% more. Check my maths and explaination like 10pages ago.

Also it's not 20ex but more like 5-10 iirc.

Well bought mine for 16 yesterday, have it on live search for like 3days already and it wasnt even close to 10 once. at the moment im writing it the cheapest one is 17.5 so yeah i feel like it is a little bit overpriced ;( Thanks for explaining again anyway ;)
"
suitonek wrote:
"

"
suitonek wrote:
Hey guys how it is VD 40% dmg vs nerfed 1 extra body? the cost is like 1ex vs 20ex and is that really only extra corpse worth effort?

40% additive damage vs 33% multiplicative damage.

Means +1 is really way better than 40% more. Check my maths and explaination like 10pages ago.

Also it's not 20ex but more like 5-10 iirc.

Well bought mine for 16 yesterday, have it on live search for like 3days already and it wasnt even close to 10 once. at the moment im writing it the cheapest one is 17.5 so yeah i feel like it is a little bit overpriced ;( Thanks for explaining again anyway ;)

Starkonja is overpriced compared to rats nest.
"
Starkonja is overpriced compared to rats nest.

but it has extra life and dexterity i cannot get rid of, at least i believe so ;D
Not sure this is brought up or not, but why Pain Attunement?

Edit: Sorry, I actually just clicked the tree myself and point a point in it.
Last edited by crayola9999 on Dec 30, 2017, 7:30:25 AM
"
"
McPumpkin wrote:
How come theres so little use of The Wise Oak in these builds? Is there something I'm missing? Edit - Ok I re-read the guide and it mentions Oak, but not what flask to replace. Should we trade Atziri's Promise for Wise Oak or run both?

You don't need Wise Oak because you're an Inquisitor and have 100% resist penetration when critting.

is this why the build calls for a crit gem for volatile dead? if im using the scion build do i still need to use the crit gem or should i use something else? it does not seem to add much dps to the build according to path of building, was thinking about using controlled destruction instead, that way i could still ignite, concentrated effect i dont think will let you ignite enemies anymore for the ring/amulet combo?
Last edited by adddemon on Dec 30, 2017, 9:46:50 AM
Hi,
I have followed the scion tree for the build and i'm currently at lvl 77.

First of all the scion tree has too much ias. I haven't picked up all ias nodes the build suggested. But with 20% quality on frenzy and gmp i got above 4aps while beeing on full fcs. Beeing ignited gave me even more ias(because of the ring).
The build guide should explain that having more than 4aps (and not having any cdr) is a damage loose. In general this guide only explains what to use and not why. Imo a guide should tell the reader what goals (for stats e.g.) should be achieved. So that the reader knows what is important.
E.g. you pick Precision, but why? Is your goal to get ias or accuracy? In my case the ias would bring me above 4aps and i think the accuracy isn't needed so with my setup picking Precision is bad.

Also using a second skill with unearth should be a damage loose(against booses at least), because you don't produce enough corpses. You allways cast one skill per pen per attack. So your attacks should look like this:
1. vd+unearth (0 corpses, vd does nothing)
2. vd+cremation (5 corpses, both deal full damage)
3. vd+unearth (1 corpse, vd deals 66% LESS DAMAGE)
4. vd+cremation (5 corpses, both deal full damage)
...(You repeate 2 and 3)
As you can see you shouldn't have enough corpses to make full use of vd.
Last edited by cuchio on Dec 30, 2017, 9:47:02 AM
"
cuchio wrote:
Hi,
I have followed the scion tree for the build and i'm currently at lvl 77.

First of all the scion tree has too much ias. I haven't picked up all ias nodes the build suggested. But with 20% quality on frenzy and gmp i got above 4aps while beeing on full fcs. Beeing ignited gave me even more ias(because of the ring).
The build guide should explain that having more than 4aps (and not having any cdr) is a damage loose. In general this guide only explains what to use and not why. Imo a guide should tell the reader what goals (for stats e.g.) should be achieved. So that the reader knows what is important.
E.g. you pick Precision, but why? Is your goal to get ias or accuracy? In my case the ias would bring me above 4aps and i think the accuracy isn't needed so with my setup picking Precision is bad.

Also using a second skill with unearth should be a damage loose(against booses at least), because you don't produce enough corpses. You allways cast one skill per pen per attack. So your attacks should look like this:
1. vd+unearth (0 corpses, vd does nothing)
2. vd+cremation (5 corpses, both deal full damage)
3. vd+unearth (1 corpse, vd deals 66% LESS DAMAGE)
4. vd+cremation (5 corpses, both deal full damage)
...(You repeate 2 and 3)
As you can see you shouldn't have enough corpses to make full use of vd.

how much damage does your cremation do? path of building says it does a very small amount, is that your experience? (1500dps)
"
adddemon wrote:

how much damage does your cremation do? path of building says it does a very small amount, is that your experience? (1500dps)

I don't use it. I use bodyswap because it's nice for leveling/mapping and against bosses i just remove it. I've spoken about cremation because it is meant to be a boss killing skill, that adds damage, but from my understanding of the pen machanics it makes less damage than without and thus culling is better.
Last edited by cuchio on Dec 30, 2017, 10:32:05 AM
It doesn't matter how much his Cremation is doing, he is right - Using Cremation in the first place destroys 1 extra corpse AND ALSO doesn't create 5 new corpses, reducing the quantity of VD balls drastically.

Under no circumstance Cremation is worth it.

Precision and Alacrity are unnecessary at all if you're using Starkonja's, you'll probably still have more Dex than required.
maby i just dont know what im doing but i die constantly with this build. is there something im missing in regards to doing higher level maps?

https://pastebin.com/d09j4DZc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info