Deleted

"
backabacka wrote:
Made some improvements - both in damage and toughness for hardcore. There's quiet a few SC quality of life sockets with this build that we don't want in HC. We also aren't taking full advantage of busted shaper / elders mods (namely % of physical added as elemental).

Here is my current gear:

You'll notice how I changed links as well I got rid of the following which aren't helping you clear and survive in HC:

1) Rare Boots - For Kaom's Roots

This frees up a flask space and makes many, many debuffs trivial. You won't miss the MS, I promise, you aren't walking anyway. Unless you're power mapping (you probably aren't, don't kid yourself) I would make this change in SC as well.

2) Brutality

Replaced with Damage on Full Life. You're always at full life or leech up near instantly, brutality is simple worse than using shaper / elder mods with % physical as elemental for both damage and survivability.

3) Mana Flask

Replaced with Atziri's Promise. Pretty self explanatory following #2. Big damage boost + tankyness

4) Another misc Flask

Replaced with Taste of Hate. Again an easy swap. Huge damage boost + tankyness.

5) The redundant / excessive sockets Increase Duration 2x, Culling Strike, Rallying Cry, Leap Slam, Vengeance, Increased AOE, Life on hit.

The updated links can be seen in my build but they are:

Blood Rage - Arctic Armour - Ancestral Protector

(Admit it, you forget to use the warcry most the time anyway)

Cast When damage taken - Tempest Shield - IC

Previous shield combo seemed more cute than functional

Enlighten lvl 3 - Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark - Herald of Ash

Hello DPS, Enlightened 3 is more QOL than required. What you lose in the warcry you more than gain in Herald.

Swap Culling Strike for Fortify in helm

If you notice yourself dying, really at all, make this switch. It's the standard HC set up. If you REALLY want culling strike, you can always port to put it on. This fortify buff is one thing you should never be without in HC.

8) Unwavering Stance - For Diamond Skin

QOL - you could put this no longer need point anywhere (a 30 dex / Int node wouldn't be a bad choice either) but this gives you more wiggle on your spiked gloves / accessories.

Elder/Shaper Guardians, Lichs face tankable and trivial in all tiers. Move out of one shot mechanics, simply stuff.

I'll also swap Warlord's mark for Vulnerability for some content.

Looks like some very nice changes. Going to see if I can get the resistances I need using Kaom's Roots. I hadn't taken unwavering stance but hadn't really noticed it being a problem either as you so rarely take those big hits. Guess it is something that you don't notice until you need to get moving before you rip.

Do you feel that blood magic is best in the helm instead of say blind as a way of making sure you can always shield charge? It seems like culling strike is sometimes helpful as a QoL but definitely nothing that will be missed for the small improvement to clear speed.

On your skill tree you can remove one of your 5% life nodes and take the next one along the life and armour node for a free 6% armour.
Hi guys im a beginner and i wanted to know, is this build/tree can work with cleave and only cleave ? could I do all the content uber included ? i like this build but i dont like reave/BF. Sorry for my english.
Last edited by ChevalierSolaire on Jan 9, 2018, 1:08:07 PM
"

Looks like some very nice changes. Going to see if I can get the resistances I need using Kaom's Roots. I hadn't taken unwavering stance but hadn't really noticed it being a problem either as you so rarely take those big hits. Guess it is something that you don't notice until you need to get moving before you rip.

Do you feel that blood magic is best in the helm instead of say blind as a way of making sure you can always shield charge? It seems like culling strike is sometimes helpful as a QoL but definitely nothing that will be missed for the small improvement to clear speed.

On your skill tree you can remove one of your 5% life nodes and take the next one along the life and armour node for a free 6% armour.

Good catch there on the tree for me,

My helm is Shield Charge -> Blood Magic -> Fortify -> Faster Attacks

So I'm not sure about the blind comment, I'd never run a movement skill I couldn't always use. The only time I'd want to take a culling strike is to swap at final stages of Shaper / Uber Atziri, but then I'd put it in weapon swapping out blood rage so it links to my totem.

In a perfect infinite currency world you would RNJesus vaal your weapon to culling strike but that's not real life.
IGN: Backabacka
Last edited by backabacka on Jan 9, 2018, 4:02:20 PM
Blind always hits since we are using Resolute technique. So we are causing our shield charge to allow a 50% reduction in hits from a target for 4 seconds 10% of the time. It can be quite good and possibly a better use than the reliability of blood magic.

I've changed things over on my build to come close to your setup. I would say that anyone trying this will need a lvl 2 Enlighten or possibly run a bit shy on mana. I had to give up 16% chaos resistance on the boots and a nasty Chayula breach was feeling pretty rippy without being +16% chaos resistance.

It's tempting to corrupt a few extra swords I have laying around to see if I can get a culling strike. I'd give up 20pDPS for that I think.
Last edited by VertigoHorizon on Jan 9, 2018, 4:44:30 PM
One last thing. If you are using Blood Rage how are you getting the bonus from the damage at full life? It always bring mine down to at least 10hp below full.
"
One last thing. If you are using Blood Rage how are you getting the bonus from the damage at full life? It always bring mine down to at least 10hp below full.

It's just a display bug, your tooltip doesn't change. As long as you are regenerate more HP than blood rage uses you're still at "full life" even it's displaying 10 hp less.

I still wouldn't use blind, you don't even want to be in a situation in hardcore where you're trying to use a movement skill and can't, and a lot of end game bosses are immune to blind isn't consistent enough, unless you're using a stibnite flask (you can use Sin's remorse now if you want a blind!). So,

1) Inconsistent since I'm going to to charge something ~5 times to hope to apply a blind before slowing down to kill it
2) Lots of bosses are immune
3)You need your move skill to be unimpeded 100% of the time. It would be tough running no regen or reduced regen maps with the movement skill on mana.
I dont find warlords mark very useful, would vuln be better?
"
wean_ill wrote:
I dont find warlords mark very useful, would vuln be better?

Yes, as long as you have mana leech warlord's mark isn't very useful, especially if you're running fortify. I'm only using it on map mods I probably shouldn't be running to begin with.
Sorry I've been pretty busy these days and didn't have time replying the comments. I probably won't play as much after reaching 100 and will go back to SSFHC with my older account. I'll keep the post updated.
"
Antisocialz wrote:
Thoughts on Chaos resist for end-game? How much do you think this build needs for Chayula?

Still experimenting with optimal flasks for general mapping, what do you recommend?

Also, just got the dream weapon for this build :D

Chayula isn't the real problem, just use Ming's and dodge his cyclone. The real dangerous chaos hits come from Bameth. I think chaos resistance around 0 is good enough for mapping and pushing 100.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info