Deleted

Thought I'd also mention how I dealt with Dominus in the Palace map that made it very very easy if a bit time consuming.

I used:
Ancestral Warchief - Faster Attacks - Increased Area of Effect - Maim - Ruthless - Melee Physical

That let me just walk around dropping the totem until he popped without any grief. My tool tip showed a higher DPS with Brutality instead but I didn't do the calculation to find out if it truly is more than using Ruthless. My guess is that either way will work but you may get quicker hits in with Brutality before your totem dies.
Thoughts on Chaos resist for end-game? How much do you think this build needs for Chayula?

Still experimenting with optimal flasks for general mapping, what do you recommend?

Also, just got the dream weapon for this build :D

Love the build, it's smooth and tanky, dmg can be pretty decent as well with some investment. This is my current gear and Shaper was easy:

I still have some room for improvements: helmet with BF enchant, another steel ring, better jewels etc but you can clear all content with worse gear than I have. Thanks!
What aura would be better for this build considering watcher's eye jewel? (I thnik 6% block or 60% reduced damage taken from crits with determination would be nice)
For The Surrender shield, is it the life stats that's important there or the armour? :)
My Varunastra has a higher tooltip than my

Why is that?
"
iHellbender wrote:
My Varunastra has a higher tooltip than my

Why is that?

My Varunastra

very nice build! thnx mate.
Cleared all content with this build and it's been the smoothest I've ever played. I just picked up a 430 pdps 1.96 aps and it got even better!
Last edited by MajWoody on Jan 8, 2018, 5:07:25 PM
Made some improvements - both in damage and toughness for hardcore. There's quiet a few SC quality of life sockets with this build that we don't want in HC. We also aren't taking full advantage of busted shaper / elders mods (namely % of physical added as elemental).

Here is my current gear:

You'll notice how I changed links as well I got rid of the following which aren't helping you clear and survive in HC:

1) Rare Boots - For Kaom's Roots

This frees up a flask space and makes many, many debuffs trivial. You won't miss the MS, I promise, you aren't walking anyway. Unless you're power mapping (you probably aren't, don't kid yourself) I would make this change in SC as well.

2) Brutality

Replaced with Damage on Full Life. You're always at full life or leech up near instantly, brutality is simple worse than using shaper / elder mods with % physical as elemental for both damage and survivability.

3) Mana Flask

Replaced with Atziri's Promise. Pretty self explanatory following #2. Big damage boost + tankyness

4) Another misc Flask

Replaced with Taste of Hate. Again an easy swap. Huge damage boost + tankyness.

5) The redundant / excessive sockets Increase Duration 2x, Culling Strike, Rallying Cry, Leap Slam, Vengeance, Increased AOE, Life on hit.

The updated links can be seen in my build but they are:

Blood Rage - Arctic Armour - Ancestral Protector

(Admit it, you forget to use the warcry most the time anyway)

Cast When damage taken - Tempest Shield - IC

Previous shield combo seemed more cute than functional

Enlighten lvl 3 - Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark - Herald of Ash

Hello DPS, Enlightened 3 is more QOL than required. What you lose in the warcry you more than gain in Herald.

Swap Culling Strike for Fortify in helm

If you notice yourself dying, really at all, make this switch. It's the standard HC set up. If you REALLY want culling strike, you can always port to put it on. This fortify buff is one thing you should never be without in HC.

8) Unwavering Stance - For Diamond Skin

QOL - you could put this no longer need point anywhere (a 30 dex / Int node wouldn't be a bad choice either) but this gives you more wiggle on your spiked gloves / accessories.

Elder/Shaper Guardians, Lichs face tankable and trivial in all tiers. Move out of one shot mechanics, simply stuff.

I'll also swap Warlord's mark for Vulnerability for some content.

IGN: Backabacka
Last edited by backabacka on Jan 9, 2018, 1:03:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info