[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Hey, I'm currently running a slight variation of this build as Hiero and lately I have been thinking about modifying it to incorporate Elemental Equilibrium, was wondering if it is a good idea.

What I'm thinking is drop Ancestral Bond and the point leading up to it, go from 5 totem to 4 which is fine. Put the points into EE instead. Then have a lvl 1 Spark with some supports to make it spread fast and hit everything, maybe GMP and Chain/Fork/etc?

This way I set every enemy to -50% cold damage. Also there is 'no risk' because my totems can't inflict EE, right? I play together with a friend who does only fire damage, so proccing lightning EE would be perfect for us.

Is my reasoning sound, will this work out? :D
"
KeeSe wrote:
This way I set every enemy to -50% cold damage. Also there is 'no risk' because my totems can't inflict EE, right? I play together with a friend who does only fire damage, so proccing lightning EE would be perfect for us.

Unfortunately totems, traps and mines trigger EE, as they basically use your skills.
"
Exodus_820 wrote:

Gear and gem setup is not optimized, gonna get a kaoms roots as they are super important in elder fights.
[/spoiler]

Congrats on uber elder kill! Why kaoms roots are that important given its tradeoff of cannot evade and no additional movement speed?
"
Roirraw wrote:
"
Exodus_820 wrote:

Gear and gem setup is not optimized, gonna get a kaoms roots as they are super important in elder fights.
[/spoiler]

Congrats on uber elder kill! Why kaoms roots are that important given its tradeoff of cannot evade and no additional movement speed?

Because you become inmune to Stun and be frozen and it has a lot of life.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
I finally got to end game and manage to kill all the guardians and shaper, everything went great, except from Chimera. How do you guys manage that fight? The smoke part just destroys me, we have no mitigation whatsoever and he just 2 shot me.

What are the best flask setup for such fights?
"
Roirraw wrote:
"
Exodus_820 wrote:

[/spoiler]

With kaoms you become immune to two of the most annoying slowing skill elder does during the fight, and makes you whirl through cold dot pools without getting slowed.
"
reh wrote:
"
KeeSe wrote:

Unfortunately totems, traps and mines trigger EE, as they basically use your skills.

Oh crap, I figured Ancestral Warchief totem would probably trigger EE because it uses your attack, but I thought I would be fine with Spell Totem / Soul Mantle and that it wouldn't procc.. Damn that sucks.

Is there any way to reliably hit most/all enemies on (and off) screen with lightning to get EE on them?
I read the OP but haven't gone through 63 pages yet. What is the general consensus on heiro vs inquisitor? I went heiro last night and seem to be doing well, but from the video I watched it seems like inquisitor might still be stronger than heiro. Is this the case? Thx.
I changed my build in Standard from Inquisitor to Hierophant to compare the builds and finally I got some clear conclussions.

- Inquisitor is still significantly better for End-Ganme Bosses(Guardians, Elder, Shaper).
- Hierophant is significantly better for Mapping and probably for levelling.
- Hierophant is significantly tankier than Inquisitor.
- Inquisitor do Top End-game bosses quicker than Hiero.
- Probably All Content can be done by both builds (maybe Hall of Grand Masters is tougher for Hiero?)

Note1: My gear is still the gear specifically for Inquisitor, but I dont see real big differences in changing Daggers by Cold Penetration Sceptres or similar stuff... So my assumption here it's probably right.

Note2: Even if Hiero is Tankier, I have to use Elemental Weakness instead of Temporal Chains as main Curse. This means that Shaper and Elder fight is Harder because they move quicker (in my Shaper Test I had like 5 Vortex on the ground at the end of the fight and I had never had that many with Inqui).

Note3: Because Hiero has 5 Totems, for End-Game Fights I recommend Use 1 Decoy Totem. For Inquisitor tough, I dont recommend it because you lose a lot of damage using 1 of your 3 totems for this, but for Hiero it does not make a big difference.

Note4: Im using 100% Cold Conversion with Watcher's Eye Jewel.

My gear:

Spoiler

Shaper Reward :D

HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
Last edited by lourun_coria on Mar 10, 2018, 1:47:50 PM
Attempting Uber Elder today on stream... on a 5-link!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info