[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
MaryBane wrote:
Hey all!

I have been following this build for 3.2 and i love it. I can do all maps pretty confidently, but i really just can't kill elder on a tier 14 map.

I need some help on where to improve.

I got capped all resist, and i feel like my damage is more than good enough, i just die in 1-2 hits on the elder fight, i feel like my hp pool should be bigger than it is, i got 4.5k hp, 7xx ES and 710 unreserved mana for MoM.

I feel like my gear is ok all arround, but obviously not good enough to not die 6 times on elder. I get him to phase 3 pretty easily, but when phase 3 starts i just die over and over.

Can you guys who have done high tier elder and shaper check out my character, "LetsGoBeasts" and give me some advice on how to get more survivability? It would be very much appreciated!

I have no survival problems on red elder with 4k life, because I have 2.6k mana and leave it all unreserved, so that's 6.6k EHP.

Your gear is adequate to the task, Don't forget to activate your flasks, they should be full coming out of phase 2.

The gem in your belt is bad, "if you killed recently" is never active for us, the totems get the kills.
Thanks guys! i bought an essence worm for my hatred and a more defensive amulet to cover the resistance loss, this seems to have solved the problem, now i got 4.2k hp and 1.9k mana which seems fine for MoM, my bad completely misunderstanding MoM >.<

Now just to get a 6 link to make up for the loss of a diamond ring and dps amu!
"
keygy wrote:
Btw thanks for the guide Thi3n a question about gem links, im using the PoB to know what gems are the best for my gear but dont understand why you put cold penetration, do not work well with PoB? im running right now, in a SM 5L Gc, Physical to Lightning, increased critical strikes, controlled destruction and Area of effect, swiching to Concentrated for bosses the last gem, and cold penetration do not give me the dps near that give me if for ex i run two shockets with long winter jewels and change the Physical to lightning gem for Elemental Focus or Faster Casting, my doubt is why you recommend cold penetration or hypothermia that much, thx.

Make sure you set your enemy as shaper/guardians in PoB rather than trash enemies. Trash DPS doesn't matter much, and big bosses have 40% resist all, which makes cold penetration relatively better.

It isn't a mandatory gem though, whether it is good for you will depend on your gear. Trust PoB (so long as you're checking all the right boxes).
I am just wondering why you never go into Shamanistic Fury?
Do i still run hatred if i have hrimsorrow?

Some advice for crafting this beauty ?
Chaos spammed it i run my own version of the build with a far better survivability with mom and more dps and utility
Eckalina Old Low life rf spark build
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/322848
"
keygy wrote:

Btw thanks for the guide Thi3n a question about gem links, im using the PoB to know what gems are the best for my gear but dont understand why you put cold penetration, do not work well with PoB? im running right now, in a SM 5L Gc, Physical to Lightning, increased critical strikes, controlled destruction and Area of effect, swiching to Concentrated for bosses the last gem, and cold penetration do not give me the dps near that give me if for ex i run two shockets with long winter jewels and change the Physical to lightning gem for Elemental Focus or Faster Casting, my doubt is why you recommend cold penetration or hypothermia that much, thx.

You can select "Shaper/Guardian" in "is enemy a boss" configuration in PoB.

In that way you will see Cold Pen is a lot better because enemy will have 40% resist. In my case to no resist enemy cold pen gives 20% more dps but to shaper it gives 36% more.
Last edited by lostcoaster on Mar 11, 2018, 9:54:48 AM
Would someone mind explaining how Hiero's get full Physical -> Cold damage conversion? I understand Watcher's Eye (hatred) and the helmet enchant, but that gets you to a max of 80%. Is there a third way to complete it?
"
Ecka wrote:

Chaos spammed it i run my own version of the build with a far better survivability with mom and more dps and utility

You should have left your profile private so that people will start thinking you are good, but you didn't. So I went and check your far better version and laughed my ass off.

No soul mantle -->Uses Belly + mana amulet -->use power charges-->a granite flask -->My build has far better survivalbility and more dps

Sorry in advance cuz now I'm gonna shit on your build, and don't blame me cuz you are the one that started with your 30% optimization character.

I proceeded and allocated your spell crit nodes left on your tree, and your shaper dps is 46k on a 5link fully buffed, every buff checked. 60k with a diamond flask. Oh you weren't even running a diamond flask soz.
I had double your shaper dps on a 5link with 1 less shaper weapon. and merely 500 less EHP, and i laugh at map curses. Your passive tree has no other differences from ours other than wasting several points through pathing and taking more mana.

To prove yourself just go ahead and do uber atziri with your current setup, leave your IGN, I will add you ingame if you wanna do that and provide the set for you, you can keep whatever loot that dropped. I believe you can do it 100% deathless cuz I just did that with my eyes closed on hierophant and much earlier on inquisitor. Or you can do a deathless uber elder run to prove your build is better than mine(3 runs, can't do it deathless, yet), but you probably haven't done any progression towards it judging on your character.
Last edited by Exodus_820 on Mar 11, 2018, 11:21:39 AM
Im conflicted to find out what is actually better to use.

Currently i have Rats nest + Essence worm (w/hatred) + some shitty rares ( trying to fix my res atm )

Do i bother dropping rats nest for starkonjas + drop ess worm(and hatred?) and get kaoms roots as well?

id gain a bunch of life from starkonjas + kaoms but id lose some crit from rats nest->starkonjas aswell as res from boots, however that'd unlock the ring slot for a diamond ring with res/life i suppose.

Currency is an issue right now for me though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info