[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
DolphinCarpet wrote:
Little confused on the converting physical damage part.

Is the 40% GC Physical converted to cold all that is needed if I get rid of the issue? Or do I have to also stack Long Winter Jewels?

Ideally, I would love to use gloves other than Hrimsorrow to free up slots AND NOT use the 2 Long Winter Jewels for other jewels, but that might be unreasonable.

We look at 100% conversion so gc will benefit fully from elemental/cold damage boosts from tree/gear. Let’s say you deal 1000 damage for gc. 600 will be cold damage and 400 phys originally. Only that 600 will get scaled by elemental/cold damage. So if you have a total of 200% to elemental damage, you’ll do 600*2+400 = 1600 total damage compared to 1000*2= 2000 damage if you had 100% conversion. And let’s not forget if you’re using cold pen support, frostbite/element weakness or any other cold resist reducing skills, they only beef up the cold damage and not the phys part so 100% conversion is really recommended.

Stacking 2 Long winters will be the cheapest way if you wanna go for yellow gloves. Alternatively, you could get 40% conversion to cold damage while affected by hatred which is insanely expensive and will force you to use hatred.

Personally, I’m stacking 2 Long winters and will only take them out if I could get my hands on a dual hatred modded watcher’s eye(conversion and another one with damage mod).

Last edited by Chocobonbon on Dec 15, 2018, 10:37:43 PM
"
AceVenChurro wrote:
I'm currently using the 2 Kikazaru rings/self-flagellation setup, but I'm curious about trying the flask method with essence worm and hatred combo. Are they essentially two separate ways to achieve the same damage and personal preference options or is one better?

Yes they are but self flag will be rendered useless if you’re gonna go anti curse. OP’s build advises dual kika so literally any map mod is good. You could run enfeebled/temp chains with reflect and it feels just like any other map.

Anti curse flask would require a little more flask management and to optimise that kind of gameplay, flask duration mods may become one of your priorities then. I have tried anti curse flasking but Went back immediately to dual kika. The quality of life it provides from the Ho regen per sec is really too underrated as this build doesn’t give us much regen for hp. For context, a saturated/catalysed/bubbling eternal life flask gives 600-900 HP regen per second and dual kika gives 180 regen at level 90.

IMHO, atziri’s reflection would be bis if you’re looking to free up 2 ring slots for yellows.

I'm currently struggling with the syndicate boys in red maps,i'm using the Hatred + essence worm + curse flasks combo

Have no problem to push maps or bosses,but the syndicate content chew through my life,ES and MoM in one hit (almost 5k life, 1k es and 2,5k mom) , even if the map has doable rippy mods.

Should dual kikazaru help ?
Last edited by kazzo92 on Dec 16, 2018, 7:31:43 AM
"
kazzo92 wrote:
I'm currently struggling with the syndicate boys in red maps,i'm using the Hatred + essence worm + curse flasks combo

Have no problem to push maps or bosses,but the syndicate content chew through my life,ES and MoM in one hit (almost 5k life, 1k es and 2,5k mom) , even if the map has doable rippy mods.

Should dual kikazaru help ?

I use dual kikazaru and am moving to essence worm +curse flask to test because i'm suffering a lot hit kill in syndicate...
Yeah specially fortification with extra projectiles or chain , its a fucking insta shotgun to me, atleast they should tone down the adds from the fortification.
THanks for the responses regarding how to free up the gloves. So, if I am understanding correctly...I'm using 2 Kika rings already and have 30% physical to GC helm enchant (Will be getting 40% shortly). Is TWO long winter jewels what will give me the 100% conversion so I can take off gloves? Sorry, trying to understand the numbers here.

Also, I go through map bosses with one set of totems. I lay the 4 totems and map boss is dead before totems die. Syndicate however (especially the one with the 2-4 doors and healing totems in the middle... I have practically learned to just skip unless I want to die at LEAST once. Syndicate just tears through my character as well.

"
DolphinCarpet wrote:
THanks for the responses regarding how to free up the gloves. So, if I am understanding correctly...I'm using 2 Kika rings already and have 30% physical to GC helm enchant (Will be getting 40% shortly). Is TWO long winter jewels what will give me the 100% conversion so I can take off gloves? Sorry, trying to understand the numbers here.

Also, I go through map bosses with one set of totems. I lay the 4 totems and map boss is dead before totems die. Syndicate however (especially the one with the 2-4 doors and healing totems in the middle... I have practically learned to just skip unless I want to die at LEAST once. Syndicate just tears through my character as well.

I think you are overlook an important thing about GC: it has built in 60% conversion to cold! Any additional conversion past 40% will be discarded. You don't need both the helm enchant and Long Winter jewels, on top of Hrimsorrows. Chose one way to get the last 40% converted.

I also hope you don't stop casting totems after you reach your totem limit. (not thet clear for me from your statement) Just keep casting them and the new totems will kill the old ones giving you curses (=damage).

"
kazzo92 wrote:
Yeah specially fortification with extra projectiles or chain , its a fucking insta shotgun to me, atleast they should tone down the adds from the fortification.

If you really got that much problems with projectiles, try using the fully upgraded major pantheon power Soul of Lunaris. The minor Soul of Garukhan should help too. If nothing helps you could always path down to Phase/Acro on your tree.

PS: For everyone having problems with the syndicate: you are not alone. They are quite tough and hit like a truck once they gain ranks and have more items on them. I recommend to chose the destroy weapons option every time you can! A Decoy Totem also helps quite a lot! Just don't stand at a fort's door and wait for the monsters to flood you, use your range advantage.
Last edited by Monti_Jones on Dec 16, 2018, 4:05:26 PM
Hello, I am using this build as my league starter and I pretty much got all my gear up and struggle at high tier maps(t15+). I did my first guardian and it was so hard. I dont know what to try next and I cant see a good alternative. I want to push to uber elder and it feels so hard to do even syndicate fights in high tier maps (mainly haku, those guys feel so rippy). Can you guys please help me to find a way to upgrade my gear to be able to kill uber elder.
"
Monti_Jones wrote:
"
DolphinCarpet wrote:

I think you are overlook an important thing about GC: it has built in 60% conversion to cold! Any additional conversion past 40% will be discarded. You don't need both the helm enchant and Long Winter jewels, on top of Hrimsorrows. Chose one way to get the last 40% converted.

I also hope you don't stop casting totems after you reach your totem limit. (not thet clear for me from your statement) Just keep casting them and the new totems will kill the old ones giving you curses (=damage).

MIND BLOWN! I had forgot I read about that 60% built in!
So does that mean IF you are using 2 winter jewels, it is better to take a different helm enchant? (ex. 40% GC damage)
Last edited by DolphinCarpet on Dec 16, 2018, 8:28:20 PM
"
DolphinCarpet wrote:
"
Monti_Jones wrote:
"
DolphinCarpet wrote:

MIND BLOWN! I had forgot I read about that 60% built in!
So does that mean IF you are using 2 winter jewels, it is better to take a different helm enchant? (ex. 40% GC damage)

Yes. Alternatively, you could go for high end jewels which could be more useful than the 40% gc damage enchant. Ultimately it boils down to what you’re able to get your hands on lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info