[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

"
pbuedi wrote:
"
thi3n wrote:
3.4 Updates are in!
I haven't had the chance to do an update on the PoB so I will take it down for now unless someone can post a pastebin of their character and I'll use that meanwhile.

I tried to put in the updates you mention in your first post into your original PoB Pastebin. Maybe you can have a look and take this one if it´s good enough!
https://pastebin.com/z1GiKET5

Edit: I also included the Levelling Trees (as you know, but others maybe not, you can change them at the bottom of Path of Building).

i dare to say this will be slow at leveling and vulnerable... sry

optimal way is described in my lvling guide for flashback at page 138

very short: rush to ancestral bond in just 18 points and use arc totems until 2x princess, hrimsorrow and hatred, then go gc + spell totem + cold pen + aoe/ce, level to 49 do 2x labs for +1 totems each, equip 4l soul mantle and 2x kikazarus, fix ele resists to 90 each (goldrim helps) and u're set
Last edited by RushBone on Aug 30, 2018, 2:24:10 PM
"
RushBone wrote:

No worries! I admit that I did not read through the whole thread, since I just found it today. I tried to replicate in PoB what OP describes on the 1st page. I always appreciate help from others. So thanks for your input!
"
pbuedi wrote:
"
RushBone wrote:

No worries! I admit that I did not read through the whole thread, since I just found it today. I tried to replicate in PoB what OP describes on the 1st page. I always appreciate help from others. So thanks for your input!

140 pages are not a joke, im a working man myself :)

have you found my humble guide? I copied that for you just in case :)
the tree will be a little different tomorrow but not really.

Spoiler
Leveling guide for a fresh Flashback start:

Start with Templar and rush directly all the shortest way to Ancestral bond: www.poeurl.com/bZo7
Use any wands/sceptres from drop, all gems are Templar questline or vendor

Check 3L at vendors for BBB, BBR and BBG, preferably weapon but armour also OK

do the Tidal Island quest and use the Quicksilver ASAP
if an Augmentation Orb drops, vendor with any boots and Quicksilver, get 10% ms boots ASAP

get Arcane Surge ASAP and don't level, buy the second one if you can

Mainskill1:
Frost Bolt + Arcane Surge (+ Added Lightning if you get a BBB)

Mainskill2
Frost Bomb + Arcane Surge (+ Onslaught if you get a BBG)

get Arc from Nessa after entering The Cavern of Wrath and link it with Spell Totem

Mainskill 3
Arc + Spell Totem (+ Added Lightning if you get a BBR)

From here you can just Arc Totem and Frost Bomb and run, no need to stop and fire Frost Bolt besides of bosses

Utility: Flame Dash

After getting Ancestral Bond, go this way: www.poeurl.com/b0qA
continue to use anything that drops

Mainskill:
Spell Totem + Arc + Added Lightning

Auras:
Herald of Ice
Herald of Thunder
Get them ASAP in Act 2.

Get to Act 3.

Ilvl 25 can go 4L which means areas from lvl23 can drop that, look for BBBR, also check vendors, just avoid it to be gloves, anything else is good. A luxury item would be BBBR Thousand Ribbons (on 1st day of last league price was 1c).

As soon as you get BBBR, use Spell Totem + Arc + Added Lightning + Faster Casting

Look if you got enough currency to buy Wrath from poetrade. If not, heralds will be OK.

Continue Arc Totems with Heralds or Wrath until you have enough currency to buy the following items from poetrade:

1x-2x The Princess (on 1st day of last league price was 1c)
Hatred (on 1st day of last league price was 1alch)
Whirling Blades (on 1st day of last league price was 1alch)
Hrimsorrow (on 1st day of last league price was 1c)

When you have them, time to switch to GC Totems 4L, movement Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks.

If you are unlucky which I highly doubt (Flashback will have much more drops and currency), continue Arc Totems (when possible on a 4L) and gather currency further.
You need like 5c to comfortably switch to GC totems, and if you use currency.poe.tradewisely, it won't take long.

Get to Act 4, reach Crystal Veins waypoint.
Do Normal Lab, take +1 totem.

Tree: www.poeurl.com/b0rA

Go through Act 4 and 5
Take Lightning Golem and Increased Area of Effect as rewards
Equip Lightning Golem ASAP and level it, no need to think about CWDT now
Start swapping AOE and Conc Effect in your 4L, try to use Conc only on bosses

Time to buy a Goldrim cap, check poetrade (3c on 1st day of the last league).

Mainskill normal mobs:
Spell Totem + Glacial Cascade + AOE + Faster Casting
Mainskill bosses:
Spell Totem + Glacial Cascade + Concentrated Effect + Faster Casting

Utility1: Frost Bomb + lowlvl Arcane Surge (if you got another 3L, then + Increased AOE)
Utility2: Frostbite + lowlvl Arcane Surge

At this point I usually already buy 2x Kikazarus (2c each on 1st day of the last league)
Reasons:
- you want to level up your Faster Attacks
- life/mana regens start to be important
- decent lightning res

the tree depends on what you are aiming for.
after lot of checking I go for more life/survivability which means taking Devotion and Constitution:
www.poeurl.com/b0Qi

Of course it is possible to focuse on DPS and do this:
www.poeurl.com/b0Qj

both trees are 68 passives
as I am trying to do this build in HC last weeks, i take the first option
actually you got more than enough DPS to proceed so I advise to go life even in SC

Do Cruel Lab, take the 5th totem (while you don't need more totems atm, there comes a LOT of life/mana regen you will need very soon)

At lvl48 and higher, you must start to look for a cheap Soul Mantle
No need for 6sockets just now so buy an unlinked unsocketed one and make a 4L
this will be enough to carry you through story and white maps
there you will start to farm chaos recipe sets for 2c each
this will bring you to 30-40c very soon so you will be able to get 5L soul mantle
the 5L one will be enough up to red maps at least, or even higher

Mainskill normal mobs Soul Mantle 4L:
Glacial Cascade + Cold Penetration + Increased Crit + AOE

Mainskill bosses Soul Mantle 4L:
Glacial Cascade + Cold Penetration + Increased Crit + Conc Effect

Mainskill normal mobs Soul Mantle 5L:
Glacial Cascade + Cold Penetration + Faster Casting + Increased Crit + AOE

Mainskill normal mobs Soul Mantle 5L:
Glacial Cascade + Cold Penetration + Faster Casting + Increased Crit + Conc Effect

Utility1: Frost Bomb + lowlvl Arcane Surge + Increased AOE
Utility2: Vaal Haste + Increased Duration
Utility3: Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify
Utility4: Cast When Damage Taken + Enfeeble + Summon Lightning Golem + Immortal Call

For QoL, I strongly recommend Portal + Flame Dash + Faster Casting

as soon as you can, spend 2 points for any jewel socket you can reach
buy Self-Flagellation and insert there, 15-16% ones are cheap and enough to give a boost

Well... at the moment you got your 5L Soul Mantle, 2x Kikazarus, Self-Flagellation and capped resists after you finished the story, you are pretty much set.

Hrimsorrow + Goldrim will be able to bring you to red maps.
Look for 40% GC conversion helm enchants, buy one as soon as you feel rich, and switch to that helm + rare gloves with life and resists.

End build skill trees are in the original post from thi3n.
Last edited by RushBone on Aug 30, 2018, 2:28:02 PM
Updated with your pastebin - at work so I didn't validate it.

Rushbones guide is great if you are in a tradeleague and I do recommend it!

I'm keeping my "league agnostic" leveling section as is for the main guide.
"
thi3n wrote:
Updated with your pastebin - at work so I didn't validate it.

Rushbones guide is great if you are in a tradeleague and I do recommend it!

I'm keeping my "league agnostic" leveling section as is for the main guide.

it's okay :)
as u noticed i played this build a LOT
so as already mentioned this time I will go as far as possible without deciding between arc and gc with the starter.
the drops will define :)
Last edited by RushBone on Aug 30, 2018, 2:37:32 PM
What about the minion wheel on the skill tree near Ancestral Bond? Those dmg increases should affect both minions and the player.
I will probably be using this as my league starter. I have one question why not take the shamanistic fury nodes (58% totem damage, 15% totem placement) for only 4 points.
New video out talking about how I'm choosing this as a league starter and plugging my Twitch channel if you want to see how I progress with the build!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ5ShZptTDg

"
What about the minion wheel on the skill tree near Ancestral Bond? Those dmg increases should affect both minions and the player.
Totems are not minions.

"
I will probably be using this as my league starter. I have one question why not take the shamanistic fury nodes (58% totem damage, 15% totem placement) for only 4 points.
It's not bad but I feel like I can get better value from other nodes.
"
thi3n wrote:

"
Totems are not minions.

But totens are affected for increases to player damage, right? There is a keystone, spiritual aid, saying that damage bonus to minions will also aply to you, so, if you get all, you should get all the minions damage bonus on tree and equips to totens.
no more purchases or recommendations til the trade system is fixed.
Last edited by Marchosiae on Aug 30, 2018, 10:40:25 PM
"
RushBone wrote:

have you found my humble guide? I copied that for you just in case :)

Hey! That´s awesome and very much appreciated! I´ll look thoroughly into it when I´m back home. I´m still on the fence between GC and Arc Totems, so maybe I´ll pick your approach and keep the tree pretty much "universal" and make it dependant on drops. I only have time for 1 char each league, and having the opportunity to switch to the one or the other skill while levelling depending on your luck is a very good idea :-)

Thanks for your help and good luck with your drops, Exile :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info