[3.4] ELE CLAW INQUISITOR | Farm Shaper on 3Link! + UberElder, UberAtziri | very Budget friendly!

"
Pinakoorat wrote:
Why is Molten Strike better than Blade Flurry with this Elemental Inquisitor?

because the skill tree changed with the patch and new gems were added. vaal pact is now very close to point blank, which is really huge(50% more) for the molten strike projectiles. ancestral call makes molten strike now hit 3 times if there are 3+ mobs nearby. molten strike with ancestral call does less damage for me than blade flurry, but not if molten strike hits 3 times for each attack. molten strike is better unless maybe you are having trouble with map bosses. try it out atleast, some people hate the skill though. i am also using a different gem setup with it.

i dont think pob accounts for wildfire either. it only counts 1 projectile hitting i believe. it seems much more than 1 hit bosses. also some people forget to change the travel distance to get point blank to work.

shaper though? idk, he is alone, so ancestral call isnt worth using, isit? it might be. you can still shift click and then it will attack again on a single target. with my gear right now molten strike would do a bit less damage after replacing ancestral call. unless you could figure out how to keep him ignited and use the immolate skill gem. i'll test some things when i get there in maybe a few weeks. i don't know how many projectiles would hit shaper either. it could be much higher dps. the innervate and onslaught won't work well there.
Last edited by goldnugget on Dec 12, 2017, 4:46:17 AM
I tried Molten Strike, It felt really laggy, slow and had no damage whatsoever compared to my Blade Flurry. Maybe I did something wrong but without changing anything else than skilltree, gems and jewels for molten strike my damage lowered for more than half. I already switched back to Blade Flurry. I know my gear isn't the best possible but I do have Lycosidae.
with MS he killed my fking league char ... gg
Molten Strike is a huge QoL nerf compared to BF. It may deal a bit more damage if you exploit the buggy interaction with Ancestral Call when you shift attack to not actually hit anything, but it gets tedious. The sound effect of MS is also awful for me.
"
LadyZeyra wrote:
Why didn't you just make a new thread for what is essentially an entirely new build?

Also, it seems stupid to label your BF guide as 3.1, when three days later you change it entirely. Leave it as 3.0 if it's not optimised, otherwise people looking for a 3.1 build are gonna think your build is complete and at least mostly optimised.

100% agree. I was looking for several 3.1 builds to start this league, and I saw this 3.1 and budget build... which wasn't true! Impossible to follow a build that changes everyday, and 125ch for a shield makes it not cheap at all..

Even with that, I am still trying to follow your previous BF build (although I have died more times this league than my 3 previous leagues together in this point of the game). I appreciate that you copied again some information about that, but the gear section (in particular, the jewels and flask part) is not the same than the previous one... if you could copy your previous jewels as well somewhere in the BF part it would be helpful (at least for me xD).

Anyway, thanks for your work.
the whole MS vs BF discussion is obsolete, it is his guide after all. MS probably does more single target until ancestors call is getting nerfed (which it will for sure).

if you are looking for a clearskill i am pretty sure any decent aoe like spectral throw/lightning strike will do the job very very well on a 4 link with the new elder gloves or simple thunder fists.

IGN: Kitaen
well, had to switch to MS because i didn't notice the change of the main! skillgem.
it's awful. way to butcher a guide. it is not budget friendly and the way you changed this guide every single day since leaguestart is just atrocious
Hello people,

I'm a fairly new player (only completed 10 Acts in Harbringer and did like 2 maps) who, after going thorugh several builds, decided to run this one for this new league.
I started yesterday, folllowed the old guide up until the moment it suggests to switch to BF, but when I refreshed the site it said Molten Strike instead XD.
Since the build has been changed I would like to ask a few questions just to make playtime a bit easier and more enjoyable.

Why has this been changed? Was a part of the Blade Flurry setup nerfed and it lost its potential? Was a part of the Molten Strike setup buffed? Can BF still clear everything like it was mentioned in the original guide? Which is more enjoyable to play?

Just to make things clear, I don't mind the cost of the build, I plan to take things slowly, just wanna clarify the reasons for which I will be playing a certain build.

I gotta be honest, I think changing the guide is a d*ck move dude. It's not only about what you think is the best skill or build but it's also about the sentiment in a build. I for one don't have loads of hours time a day to level up a new character so you just changing the original build just sucks man.

Also, it's fine that you've added a BF version but that just makes me feel like playing a b-grade build. When you don't have that many hours to play PoE I want to feel as powerfull as possible playing it. Now you've made me feel like playing some loser that hit's enemies with a weak stick.

Hope you're learning from this and don't pull this sh*t again and just created a new build ya lazy bastard (that last part was a joke, not entirely salty :-))
Am I the only one who like the ne MS version more than the BF version?

The clear is insane with my 4 link atm....even if my MS gem is 4 LVL lower than my BF gem (bcs I started with BF).

Single target BF & MS are same atm....but even here MS get better and better.

And I have the feeling that with the MS version the build will be more "budged friendly" than with BF.

With Blade Flury the shield is a MUST....and at the current league its 120C+

Tested Molten Strike with and without "Resolute technique" and it works fine without this specc.

I think the shield is a nice DMG buff for endgame, but not rly a must....bcs you cast so many fireballs that the enemys cant evade it at all. ;)

Ty for sharing the new version ...rly enjoy it.
Last edited by CroDanZ on Dec 12, 2017, 7:23:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info